pixeltracker

"Perfect for US": The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!- Page 59

"Perfect for US": The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!

DefyGravity777
#1450re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/9/09 at 12:17pm

"And once when Adam spit in her face while singing, she flinched for a second, smiled slightly at him...and carried on...."

Adam spits a lot when he sings. He spit on me when I was front row.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1451re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/9/09 at 7:15pm

so should I attempt to do lotto for tomorrow night's show (tuesday) or just go with TKTS?

trombonist
#1452re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/9/09 at 7:29pm

From what I've heard from a friend (I have class on Tuesday nights, so I can't say for sure) Tuesday nights are pretty slow as a rule. Odds are it will still be on TKTS after the lottery (or they may even have seats in all price levels...they did have that one time when I tried) so you could run over there and grab a ticket then.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1453re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/9/09 at 7:29pm

Why not try the lotto, and then if you don't win, go over to TKTS?

Hrududu Profile Photo
Hrududu
#1454re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/11/09 at 7:18am

I'll hopefully be seeing this next month but I just have a quick question. If its on TKTS what is the discount likely to be?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1455re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/11/09 at 8:54am

Most times I've walked by, it's been 40%, but they tell you the seats are side or rear orchestra (i.e. potentially obstructed).

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1456re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/11/09 at 9:39am

so Lotto was insanely crowded!! And we lost! So we bought the cheapest tickets $36.50 and got rear orch partial view. A great buy I think. The only parts we missed were the two seconds Gabe is on the third level. Review to come later..

kellymarie465 Profile Photo
kellymarie465
#1457re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/11/09 at 5:47pm

What is Natalie's (Jennifer Damiano or Meghan Fahy) vocal range? Is she a soprano? or something else?
Updated On: 11/14/09 at 05:47 PM

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1458re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/15/09 at 7:54pm

Does anyone know anything about a blooper that happened on November 5? Someone spaced on their lines and the next person missed their lines because of it. I don't know who it happened to or when in the show it was. I'm just curious about more details because I love blooper stories. re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!

TJ2
#1459re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/29/09 at 6:43pm

I finally won the next to normal lottery and saw the show this afternoon. Jessica Phillips was Diana. I had seen Jessica her first time on (after the Tony Awards) and let's just say that the person I saw today was a completely different performer! I liked her a lot in Act 1 and was completely blown away by her in Act 2. I have seen next to normal many times and don't think I have ever been so moved by Diana in Act 2. Jessica has really grown into the role and made it her own!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1460re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/29/09 at 8:12pm

ahh Lucky that you got to see Jessica! I've seen the show 4 times and while I love Alice as Diana, I would love to see Jessica in the role! Please review!

TJ2
#1461re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/29/09 at 8:27pm

There's a great review of this afternoon here. Enjoy!

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1007775&dt=0&boardid=1 Updated On: 11/29/09 at 08:27 PM

AwesomeDanny
#1462re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/29/09 at 8:32pm

Some of you might be interested in this... Alice Ripley's personal assistant (or something like that) tweets during the show fairly often with tidbits about what's going on, and there were a lot of tweets about Jessica's performance.

twitter.com/lisakn2n

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1463re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/29/09 at 8:46pm

If she was sitting in the house when she tweeted (which I've seen her do..including this afternoon), I find that to be quite rude, especially given the pre-show announcement.

DefyGravity777
#1464re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 11/30/09 at 6:34am

I just read those tweets and had no clue what she was even saying in them!

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#1465re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 12/4/09 at 4:30pm

Saw the show again last night and here are some random thoughts:

-Bobby was basically sleepwalking through the first 3/4 of the first act. But he was exceptional in the last section of the first act and the entirety of act two.
-Alice is just incredible in this role and keeps getting better and better.
-Jenn Damiano gave the performance of the evening to be sure. If she was THIS sensational when the show opened, she would have really given Karen Olivo a run for her money at the Tonys. She found nuances in Natalie last evening that really blew me away (even if she bobs her head and swings it around so much that it gave me a headache).
-Everyone else was fine.
-This was, quite possibly, the best performance of Act Two that I've seen. Breathtaking, heartbreaking, and it just totally split me open. The music box scene and How Could I Ever Forget were truly hard to watch because they felt so real and organic. Alice knocked So Anyway out of the park like I've never seen...it's almost like the more tired and worn down she is because of how demanding this role is, the more real she comes off as. If that makes sense...
-Orchestra sounded gorgeous as ever and rocked it out (The microphones on the cast do need to be cranked up a bit though.)
-The audience was HORRIFIC. It was definitely an older crowd. They yuked it up at Diana's breakdown after Just Another Day, didn't laugh at the parts that were TRULY funny, and were just not into it. The orchestra had a bunch of empty seats on the sides.

I've seen the show a LOT of times but hadn't seen it in months before tonight and I was reminded of how incredible it is and why I kept returning.
Updated On: 12/4/09 at 04:30 PM

littlebutterfly10
#1466re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 12/11/09 at 8:09pm

I apologize for being "that" person, but has anyone lottoed recently for a Sunday matinee, and was it terribly crowded?

wendilin622 Profile Photo
wendilin622
#1467re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 12/11/09 at 11:58pm

Just got tix again for the matinee on the 30th! Can't wait!

cmwx122 Profile Photo
cmwx122
#1468re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 12/12/09 at 12:40am

does anyone know what lisa k is talking about in her tweets tonight?

Don't let any1 tell u there's something Alice R. can't do. I knew this moment was coming... I was anxiously awaiting it...

...I saw her coming closer & closer to it every nite last week. It finally happened... about 8 hours ago from web

(hint) along lines of music box piece into aisle; fork bouncing off stage onto floor at yr feet; Skittle making it 2 edge of stage about 8 hours ago from web

# (yes!) Diana finally chucked Dr. Madden into row C. Okaynotreally. APRON. FIRST ROW. SOMEONE'S LAP. FROM THE BACK OF THE STAGE. about 8 hours ago from web

"Art matters. You make it happen, and it becomes a priority, not on the periphery, absolutely essential to life." -Alice Ripley -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "The sitting together of notes, the sitting together of words has by their very nature a puzzle aspect. It's the creation of form out of chaos." - Stephen Sondheim

specialk2
#1469re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 12/12/09 at 12:49am

Sounds like she threw her apron offstage or something like that?

I find her tweets so cryptic, haha.

cmwx122 Profile Photo
cmwx122
#1470re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 12/12/09 at 12:55am

haha yeah me too
but i love them!

"Art matters. You make it happen, and it becomes a priority, not on the periphery, absolutely essential to life." -Alice Ripley -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "The sitting together of notes, the sitting together of words has by their very nature a puzzle aspect. It's the creation of form out of chaos." - Stephen Sondheim

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1471re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 12/12/09 at 1:12am

I have no idea what performance she's referring to, but the apron landed in the front row side section last Saturday afternoon, at a performance I attended. The guy picked it up off his lap and put it back on the stage.

GabeDiDanNatalie Profile Photo
GabeDiDanNatalie
#1472re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 12/19/09 at 6:00pm

Just got my ticket for Aaron's last show 1/3/10. I thought he wasn't leaving until March or so, but I guess maybe I was wrong.

Anyone know anything about a tour or a Chicago production? Just curious as to what the plans are.

Also-last time I saw it (Thanksgiving weekend), Diana kissed Natalie in their last scene together. I don't remember them ever doing that before, but it really added to the scene.

cmwx122 Profile Photo
cmwx122
#1473re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/26/10 at 8:07pm

i'm not sure exactly when it happened but it was recent, but does anyone know why jessica phillips had to come on as diana mid performance?

ILuv2shop531
#1474re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/26/10 at 8:59pm

Alice's voice gave out, so Jessica had to do the 2nd act...since then she has gone on for the last three shows

Videos