pixeltracker

Actors that write back to your letters- Page 6

Actors that write back to your letters

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#125re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/27/04 at 3:52pm

years ago received a nice note from julie harris who was known to have a wide ranging correspondence with her audience.

Mind is Mantra.

dramaqueen Profile Photo
dramaqueen
#126re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/27/04 at 9:51pm

NYC babe-what did u say to idina and were did you sent it to did u send an SASE?

:) cco

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#127re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/28/04 at 7:02am

I sent Idina a long letter, no SASE included, to the Gershwin Theatre. If you're planning on writing anything though, I would strongly recommend including a SASE...that is, if you want something back.

dramaqueen Profile Photo
dramaqueen
#128re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: e: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/28/04 at 9:57pm

thanks-i got a long and sweet letter from John Tartaglia-as well as a personally signed playbill (which i already had hee hee)and an signed headshot-I didnt send an SASe

NYCbabe3789
#129re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/28/04 at 10:21pm

Call me clueless...so do all actors receive letters if you send them to the theatre? (I've only done WICKED actors so far...)

Broadway724 Profile Photo
Broadway724
#130re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/28/04 at 10:22pm

Yes, if you send it to the proper address they will get them. Now the question if they respond or not, thats another thing. Some of them respond to everyone, some respond to selected few, some dont respond at all

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#131re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/28/04 at 11:26pm

how do you send something to sutton now that she is not at the marquis. does anyone have an adress for her?

"So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart."-Wicked

Jamie Hat Profile Photo
Jamie Hat
#132re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/29/04 at 12:46am

I don't know if this has already been posted a millions times, but, send a SASE, it will improve your chances of a reply by a HUGE amount.

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#133re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/29/04 at 10:46am

NYUstud~

SUTTON FOSTER
C/O Steven Unger / Gage Group
315 West 57th Street, Suite. 408
New York, NY 10019

If you are writing to request a signed picture, please include a
self-addressed stamped envelope (9x12 size)

(It's from her website)

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

#134re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/29/04 at 10:53am

I had a very nice e-mail correspondance with Gilmer McCormick (film version of Godspell) for a while when I was in 8th/9th grade.

NativeNewYorker
#135re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/29/04 at 1:48pm

I'm sure even if you sent her a letter to the Marquis it would still get to her...I'm sure she hangs around there a lot, and Christian's still in the show.

orion59 Profile Photo
orion59
#136re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/29/04 at 2:11pm

I sent a letter to Ethel Merman a few weeks ago and haven't gotten anything back yet. Anyone know if she typically writes back? I included a SASE.

http://www.danperezgallery.com

krisjoseph Profile Photo
krisjoseph
#137re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/29/04 at 4:03pm

Ethel Merman is currently recording an album featuring covers of many of her favorite urban hip-hop vibes, and so she is unable to take the time to write back to her fans. She will soon be getting a new headshot done, and she hopes to provide support for her "sister", Janet Jackson, by "sexing up" the common wardrobe malfunction in a whole new way. Make sure your SASE is at least a 9x12!

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -Oscar Wilde

orion59 Profile Photo
orion59
#138re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
Posted: 4/29/04 at 4:12pm

Ethel sexing it up and doing hip hop? I don't think so. She must be in her 60's by now.

Plum
#139re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 4/29/04 at 4:29pm

I haven't slept in 30 hours, so I'm just going to ask...you're being sarcastic, orion, right?

BroadwayBaby3 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby3
#140re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 4/29/04 at 5:45pm

Sutton Foster. She's the nicest person ever!

Defy Gravity!!

dramaqueen Profile Photo
dramaqueen
#141re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 4/29/04 at 9:34pm

this made me sad-my mommie said that they have ppl to sign stuff and write letters for them-shes not a theater person so i doubt she knows about broadway-onlyhollywood-does this happen?

etoile
#142re: re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 4/29/04 at 9:42pm

Bet your mommie is real proud of your signature quote.

Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.

NYCbabe3789
#143re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 4/29/04 at 9:45pm

Eh...the handwriting on the signed pictures and stuff is the same as stuff I get at the stage door, if that makes you feel any better.

Me on TV
#144re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 4/29/04 at 11:33pm

Hi everyone! I love sending out fan letters, it's great support! I've received responses from:

Idina Menzel (signed playbill)
Kristin Chenoweth (signed playbill)
Hugh Jackman (signed playbill)
Kerry Butler (signed headshot)
Taye Diggs (signed Wicked insert)
Harvey Fierstein (signed Edna photo)
Hugh Panaro (signed Phantom photo & letter)
Sutton Foster (signed headshot & 3 signed Millie Photos)
Joel Grey (signed playbill, signed headshot & signed postcard)
Joe Machota (signed headshot & letter)
Michael Cavanaugh (signed headshot & letter)
Marc Kudisch (signed headshot & letter)
Rob Bartlett (signed headshot & letter)
John Tartaglia (signed headshot & long letter)
Noah Racey (signed headshot & long letter)
Stephanie J. Block (signed headshot & long letter)
Susan Egan (signed headshot & 2 page letter)
Douglas Sills (signed photo & personal phone call)

*On all of my fan letters, I put my contact info. at the top (i.e. Address, phone numbers, etc.), because you never know...but one night, Douglas Sills called my cell phone and answered my questions, instead of writing back a letter. Very nice of him.

I was just curious to see what would happen if I addressed my letters to "The Entire Cast and Crew of..." and all 5 shows I wrote to, have written back:

Avenue Q (cast & crew signed playbill & cast photo)
Thoroughly Modern Millie (cast & crew signed playbill)
Little Shop of Horrors (cast & crew signed playbill)
Hairspray (cast & crew signed playbill)
Wicked (playbill signed by Idina, Joel, Carole, Kristin, & Norbert)

~Jono

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#145re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 4/29/04 at 11:48pm

To what address should I send a letter to John Tartaglia?

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

NYUstud Profile Photo
NYUstud
#146re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 4/30/04 at 12:22am

thanks penny!

"So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart."-Wicked

orion59 Profile Photo
orion59
#147re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 4/30/04 at 8:27am

"I haven't slept in 30 hours, so I'm just going to ask...you're being sarcastic, orion, right?"

Sarcastic? No, not at all. I honestly don't think Ethel Merman would be doing a hip hop cd. I think krisjoseph was joking.

NYCbabe3789
#148re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 4/30/04 at 9:35am

Me on TV-did you include a SASE with all of your letters? Or only some? If so, which ones?

Ruffian
#149re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Actors that write back to your letters
Posted: 4/30/04 at 9:47am

Perhaps now is the time to send a note to John Wilkes Booth, inform him he is finally getting good reviews

Videos