#125re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 2:07pm

It just DOESN'T look right:

re: All Shook Up Plea

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#126re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 2:10pm

these are cool pics though! what site are they from?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#127re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 2:10pm

aw. He's cute!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BSoBW2
#128re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 2:11pm

He also looks very awkward on stage.

AND...you're right...the arrangements (especially the vocal ones) weren't great.

The change the show made to get to Broadway is WHY it deserves to be there.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#129re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 2:19pm

Also giving a shoutout (because they were in the picture) to Nikki and Sharon, who are both awesome!!

BSoBW2
#130re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 2:23pm

Sharon's "There's Always Me" is worth 39 bux.

Plus, Leah's "Let Yourself Go" is great - and the staging of that scene....WOWZER!

Plus, how can you miss a chance to see one of the best belters today, Alix Korey.

LesMizazz Profile Photo
LesMizazz
#131re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 2:40pm

I went to see Justin as Chad last night and he was amazing! He had some great riffs and changed it up from Cheyenne's which was good to see an understudy do!
Speaking of wigs...the black wig they make Justin wear is pretty...interesting....It doesn't look bad on him, it just doesn't look very natural.

"And suddenly I'm flying flying like a bird, like electricity, electricity, sparks inside of me, and I'm free, I'm free" -Billy Elliot

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#132re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 3:00pm

The pics are from teh Goodspeed site http://www.goodspeed.org/past_productions/2004/allshookup.htm which has pics and a video from its production of ASU. So can anyone compare Justin Patterson as Chad to Brad Anderson who I saw and thought did a weak job?

JohnnyJune
#133re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 3:04pm

ASU NEEDS TO CLOSE. ITS HORRIBLE and SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ON BROADWAY IN THE FIRST PLACE.

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#134re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 3:12pm

::staggers...falls...::

what's with the harsh words?

Bwaygirl717
#135re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 3:13pm

in case you haven't notice this is for positive responses for asu...

Conor Profile Photo
Conor
#136re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 3:16pm

I respect the fact that you don't like the show, but I can't respect that you would post something like that on a board for ASU lovers. You don't need to be on this thread if you dislike the show so strongly. Very rude.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#137re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 3:19pm

I just heard the song Love Me Tender, and had to add "That'll be $1.93!"

Fosse76
#138re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 3:20pm

"ASU NEEDS TO CLOSE. ITS HORRIBLE and SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ON BROADWAY IN THE FIRST PLACE. "

The show's major problem is its book. The dialogue is obscenely stupid that it makes Beauty and the Beast look like Shakespeare. The characters are cartoon caricatures and the plot is so cliched that even calling the plot clche is cliche. I hate Elvis, but I did enjoy the way the songs were used. And I must be the only gay guy who doesn't care for Cheyenne Jackson. He has a good body, but that doesn't make a good actor.

BSoBW2
#139re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 3:44pm

Please don't post negative comments.

People aren't seeing the show for the book...something like B&TB needs a good book - that's its basis.

ASU is a fun show with an easy-to-follow plot, with twists to keep it interesting.

Fosse76
#140re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 3:50pm

"Please don't post negative comments."

Mine wasn't negative. It was an honest critique. Just because it doesn't agree with your point of view does not make it negative.

"People aren't seeing the show for the book...something like B&TB needs a good book - that's its basis."

That's side. If they aren't there for the book as well, then they are better off going to an Elvis concert or staying home and listening to CDs. Why make a musical if you don't plan on making it good? And Beauty and the Beast has one of the weakest books around.

"ASU is a fun show with an easy-to-follow plot, with twists to keep it interesting."

What plot twists? This show is more predictable than the ending of the next Harry Potter movie.

BSoBW2
#141re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 3:51pm

If your comment wasn't negative than I guess I wasn't talking to you.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#142re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 3:54pm

Is Jonathan Hadary still with the show? I noticed that the All Shook Website has not been updated since it's still advertising that the show is in previews!! Plus, Michelle Kitrell rejoined the cast of Hairspray this week and she's still listed on the ASU site.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

BSoBW2
#143re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 3:56pm

BSoBW2
#144re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 3:57pm

BSoBW2
#145re: All Shook Up Plea
Posted: 9/8/05 at 3:57pm