pixeltracker

Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act- Page 6

Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act

neomystyk29 Profile Photo
neomystyk29
#125re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:08am

First of all, sarcasm not appreciated. Is it really necessary when there are obviously fans of Sho's lamenting her illness, as it should be. I'm not a huge fan but I can appreciate a good performers last shows.

Second of all, how can some people possibly bash a show *and its fans* (which is just disrespectful) when they have never seen it, have stayed away from a cast recording, and admittedly dont know it well at all. That's pretty ignorant and disrespectful.

Now on subject. I hope Sho does get better. She's had a good run in the show in my opinion and really took the role as hers when she was in it. I hope she atleast performs, and furthermore hope that she performs to the best of her ability. Good luck Sho!

ShoBean4everElphie
#126re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:15am

i couldnt have said it better myself

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#127re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:18am

Okay I was there tonight. Saycon was awesome and I so wanted to see Shoshana (my goddess ; re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act. The show was fantastic nonetheless. Rue was out lol but her US Jan Newburger (sp I know) was 10x better than Rue at her finest. Oh and David Ayers proved to me that he was one of the best Fiyeros I had ever seen and despite what others have said on this board, one fine actor and singer (and this is coming from a Norbert WM!) All in all, a great show and despite two stars out (well one that mattered), I greatly enjoyed it.

ShoBean4everElphie
#128re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:21am

yay, i love jan!!! ive seen her 3 times. its always great when shes in for rue. glad u enjoyed the show....without sho : (

PJ
#129re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:22am

If for some reason Shoshana is unable to muster up the stamina, vocally and physically, to perform tomorrow, look for Eden to be put in.

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#130re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:23am

Wow I'm starting to think Jan is more likely to be there over Rue tomorrow.

In the past two months I think Jan has gone on more than Rue.

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#131re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:23am

maybe she tripped over her leash and fell.

Mind is Mantra.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#132re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:25am

ya know the more i think of it its entirely possible that saycon knew she was going on from the places call give or take. Factoring in the time it would take for her wig prep, make-up, microphone and costume ready in time for the switch... after all when sho had to step in for idina's accident it took her a good half hour or so to get ready.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

PJ
#133re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:27am

Of course that was the case. Shoshana probably told them to get Saycon ready in advance knowing that she may not make it through.

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#134re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:27am

Yeah I think so also. Sho must have decided right after The Wizard and I because by the time Saycon gets to the theatre if she's not there to begin with, gets makeup, hair, etc. it's already around Dancing Through Life.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#135re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:28am

If Bean was as sick as she apparently was, they probably had some idea this may happen, and told Saycon to "be ready."

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#136re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:29am

Did they ever make an announcement after intermission?

SirLiir Profile Photo
SirLiir
#137re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:31am

Everyone I talked to, including Saycon, Megan, David, and Jan feel Sho will be on tomorrow. It's still up in the air though.

ShoBean4everElphie
#138re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:39am

yes right before the start of act 2 they said "due to illness shoshana bean will not be continuing the role of elphaba at this performance. for the second half of act 1 and act 2, the role will be played by saycon sengbloh"

Swiftynifty15
#139re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:48am

So did Saycon change as Shoshana did or did she just stay in one costume so she was in an earlier costume when she went on?

ShoBean4everElphie
#140re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:50am

she was in the correct outfit when she went on, the shiz outfit, with the blue "frock" under the white jacket thing with the pink flower in her hair from popular

Swiftynifty15
#141re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 12:54am

Oh. So I guess that means Saycon had to keep getting changed throughout the show, right?

#142re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 1:00am

just a little sidenote:
its not up to the producers whether or not shoshana goes on for ANY performance. it is 100% her call and no one is allowed to say anything to convince her TO GO ON or NOT to go on except maybe her doctor! (or her mom!! hahah)
i have no doubt she will be there even if she has to get a dozen steroid shots to get through!

ShoBean4everElphie
#143re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 1:04am

and her mom is there lol

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#144re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 1:06am

and her mom is there lol

Were you really laughing?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#145re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 1:10am

I can't believe there are six pages on this subject. Seriously.

Lives, people. Get them.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

#146re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 1:11am

there is no way shoshana will miss tomorrow..she will have to be in a hospital hooked up to lifesaving medication in order to miss it. i wish i could be there...she will be amazing. no doubt.

ShoBean4everElphie
#147re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 1:12am

no i wasnt laughing IS really there. she surprised shoshana at the stage door last night after the show. sho was so shocked and was crying and hugging her mom for like 5 minutes. her family to surprise her for her last weekend

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#148re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 1:16am

no i wasnt laughing IS really there.

...what?

*blink*

I am SO confused right now.

Even moreso than when I was at Lestat.

Please explain that "sentence."

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

ShoBean4everElphie