pixeltracker

Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT- Page 6

Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#125re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/13/07 at 1:45pm

Seeing as how she wasn't onstage at the Broadway Theatre, wasn't in costume and wasn't supposed to be in character (as was argued over in recent weeks- this was about celebrating the Atlanta Alliance theatre, not about promoting The Color Purple), you can't claim her crying had anything whatsoever to do with her acting.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

willact4food Profile Photo
willact4food
#126re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/13/07 at 2:23pm

TheatreDiva,

I find it odd that every time I come into a thread in which you have posted in, you seem to always be fighting with somebody, or having to defend yourself. Hmmm...

Jimny, whether she "belonged" there or not, she gave a wonderful performance. The point is she WAS there, there's nothing YOU can do about it, and she, like I said, gave a great performance.

croft
#127re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/13/07 at 2:39pm

Fantasia definitely got into the emotion of the song , but I re watched it and she's not crying , unless I missed something !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0-NlqvB3sY Updated On: 6/13/07 at 02:39 PM

javero Profile Photo
javero
#128re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/13/07 at 4:19pm

I'll try to focus on the positives. Yes, I really liked the performance but prefer the previous ones on the morning talkshow circuit. She has NEVER looked better and should try to recapture that essence in every public performance going forward. I've commented to countless folk off this board that she's still very much a work-in-progress when it comes to her evolving sense of personal style. I'm happy to see progress on her part.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

Virgo
#129re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/13/07 at 4:54pm

"Seeing as how she wasn't onstage at the Broadway Theatre, wasn't in costume and wasn't supposed to be in character (as was argued over in recent weeks- this was about celebrating the Atlanta Alliance theatre, not about promoting The Color Purple), you can't claim her crying had anything whatsoever to do with her acting."

That's what makes her so unique, it's what makes her a slam dunk success on Broadway in both acting and singing. She knows her reviews have been spectacular raves, she knows that people wanted to see what the raves were about, so, even not in "character" she still gave the people a small piece of what they might experience on the broadway stage. The tony stage is way more fitting for that then an Idol stage. The only way your argument would hold water about her not being in "character" would have been if she sang a song that wasn't a number that she does every night in TCP. She might not have been in costume but she was still in character during a portion of that performance. It's probably out of habit by now though, after 73 performances it is kind of hard not slip into character doing that number.

Here high level performance skills are why we are able to get shots like the one below. Now I can tell you, this isn't something she normally does when she performs. When she usually performs as herself, she's usually bend over or dancing and walking all around the stage and she rarely ever cry's when singing and her standing in on spot almost never happens. I've only seen her cry when she sang "I believe" and "I'm Here".

re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT

broadwayboy1017
#130re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/13/07 at 5:33pm

I would really like to go see her in the color purple
i havent heard one bad thing aout her

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#131re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/13/07 at 5:49pm

"TheatreDiva,

I find it odd that every time I come into a thread in which you have posted in, you seem to always be fighting with somebody, or having to defend yourself. Hmmm..."

You don't go into too many threads, do you.

And if you need food, I have an onion for you.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

willact4food
#132re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/13/07 at 6:46pm

I actually just had dinner, so I'm good. But thank you!

And I read many threads. I was compelled to write that because, unfortunately for you, it's very true. You're either trying to correct people (which you usually fail at doing), or have something negative to say about someone else's post, OR, like I said, you are fighting with someone.

Lots of negativity. Why waste your energy on it? At this point in your life, shouldn't you be trying to focus on the positive?

TheatreDiva90016
#133re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/13/07 at 7:51pm

Thanks for your opinion!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

willact4food
#134re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/13/07 at 9:21pm

Very good! Getting better already =)

jimnysf
#135re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/13/07 at 9:45pm

How many shows has she missed this week? I need to know.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

remedysweet Profile Photo
remedysweet
#136re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/13/07 at 9:49pm

I'm not a Fantasia fan. But I did enjoy her performance.

"I don't cause commotions, I AM One." -Wicked

willact4food
#137re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/13/07 at 10:49pm

jimny,
she probably hasn't even shown up to the theatre this week. her personal assistant's first cousin told my best friend's uncle who told my best friend who told me that Fantasia is such a diva that she requires 20 cases of Kabbalah water per show...

...if she shows up for work of course.

jimnysf
#138re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/13/07 at 11:12pm

I knew it! All those poor fans will be heartbroken.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#139re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/13/07 at 11:15pm

Jimny

you are so cruel!
and evil
and how could you say these things!
She has missed 2 performances!
Virgo is very upset with you. I hear she sent Fantasia's mama the link to this thread, and you will be getting an ass whoopin' soon!

jimnysf
#140re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/13/07 at 11:23pm

croft
#141re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/14/07 at 7:10am

Posted On: 6/13/07 at 09:45 PM

How many shows has she missed this week? I need to know.

I think she only missed Sundays show but it was announced a week prior to that she would be given the night off to attend the Tony's

Virgo
#142re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/14/07 at 9:45am

"she probably hasn't even shown up to the theatre this week. her personal assistant's first cousin told my best friend's uncle who told my best friend who told me that Fantasia is such a diva that she requires 20 cases of Kabbalah water per show.."

I heard this to. the real kicker is the news that came down this morning. Word is that she has become such a diva because of the rave reviews and the special exception to perform at the Tony's, that she is now only going to perform twice per week at TCP and she's demanding her full 8 show per week salary. She told them "this show is nothing without me so you should be happy I'm doing any shows at all." Then she proceeded to throw all of her rave critic reviews in their faces, "saying this show has never seen critic reviews so across the board raves, until I arrived". Then she just turned and walked out getting back in her limo going to soak in Kabbalah water that she demands. Of course, they agreed with her.

Wow she is a diva.

willact4food
#143re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/14/07 at 11:46am

I hear Christie Ebersole is gonna fill her during her absences and Shoshana Bean is going to play in Grey Gardens.

What Oprah will do for a quick buck...

TheatreDiva90016
#144re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/14/07 at 12:03pm

Oh, yea, and posts like these DO bring something to the table.

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#145re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
Posted: 6/14/07 at 12:29pm

A. She blew me away, and I'm not a huge fan of hers.

Videos