pixeltracker

A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?- Page 6

A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?

East Village Profile Photo
East Village
#125re: A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?
Posted: 4/26/08 at 11:51am

"It's been a year and a half for almost half of the main cast,"

I know, and I probably shouldn't comment after I hit the bar:) I had a pleasant enough time. The show just doesn't have the energy I remembered. Oh well.

DG
#126re: A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?
Posted: 5/21/08 at 3:01pm

"About 15 minutes into the show he came over to me put his arm around me, and was very apologetic"

Wait a minute - are you actually saying that this man started talking to you during the performance? The performance that he was currently involved in - and visible to the audience?

I think you're full of it.

ghostlight2
#127re: A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?
Posted: 5/21/08 at 5:11pm

I'm afraid that Buscee may not be full of it, DG. There are many reports of just exactly that kind of thing had been going on, though why Buscee would think that's a good thing I'm not sure.

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#128re: A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?
Posted: 5/21/08 at 5:41pm

To my left is where Mario sat as Zach. When he came to the back of the theater, and sat in his spot. He looked over at me and smiled.

Wait, so does the actor playing Zach actually sit IN the audience when he's not on-stage? I've never seen a production of ACL on Broadway so I'm guessing that the staging might be a little different from the regional productions I've seen.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible
Updated On: 5/22/08 at 05:41 PM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#129re: A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?
Posted: 5/21/08 at 6:55pm

HE sits behind the last row of the orchestra.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#130re: A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?
Posted: 5/21/08 at 7:23pm

Since when does Zach sit in the back of the orchestra? Arent' he and Larry in the standing room section? Updated On: 5/21/08 at 07:23 PM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#131re: A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?
Posted: 5/21/08 at 7:25pm

...Which is behind the last row of the orchestra?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Fosse76
#132re: A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?
Posted: 5/22/08 at 3:32pm

"HE sits behind the last row of the orchestra. "

Technically he's in the last row. They removed two seats to accommodate the small table and his chair. Larry stands in the first standing room spot.

"Wait a minute - are you actually saying that this man started talking to you during the performance? The performance that he was currently involved in - and visible to the audience?

I think you're full of it."

I wouldn't doubt it. The only time he is "in character" is when he's reading from the script delivering his lines. I am surprised he hasn't missed a cue yet he wanders around so much.

bk
#133re: A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?
Posted: 5/22/08 at 4:16pm

Pal Joey wrote: "But this is all the imaginings of a drama queen and a wannabe who thinks he can cause "trouble" from this anonymous chatboard."

Well, to be fair, aren't you posting anonymously from a chatboard? Yes. That's why you can never take anything on these boards seriously, because no one has to account for themselves - they can say whatever they please, act as if they're in the know, when they may or may not be. Frankly, I think the playing field should be leveled and everyone should come out of the Internet closet. I guarantee you half of the BS and vitriol and inanity would disappear IMMEDIATELY. But, you know, it's the Internet, where people can say whatever they want and actually get away with it.

The talk of lawsuits is, of course, always amusing. I don't believe there's been a libel lawsuit for Internet remarks in the history of the Internet. Am I wrong on that? Who are you going to name in the suit - Pal Joey? Fosse76? Both imply and/or infer that they are in the business - hell, Jerry Robbins slapped Pal Joey on the ass with a newspaper, which would seem to mean that Pal Joey is a) a dancer, and b) was in a Robbins show - so unless he's OLD (like ME) that would only mean he was in JR's Broadway - either on B'way or tour.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#134re: A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?
Posted: 5/22/08 at 5:25pm

The talk of lawsuits is, of course, always amusing. I don't believe there's been a libel lawsuit for Internet remarks in the history of the Internet. Am I wrong on that?

Recently in the news...
Record U.K. Internet Lible Case Yields $200,000 Award

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
masb19872
#136re: A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?
Posted: 5/22/08 at 6:05pm

"About 15 minutes into the show he came over to me put his arm around me, and was very apologetic, and what to know as audience memeber did I notice that he was off. Ofcourse I thought he was fine, and we had a conversation. Never have I met anyone who was more concerned with making an impression with an audience as this boy. He wanted feedback, suggestions etc."

If Buscee's story is true, that's totally unacceptable, and disrespectful to the actors onstage. If Mario really wanted your opinion, he could've waited until stagedoor, instead of distracting you from the show and the people onstage. That sounds more self-centered than anything.

And yeah, the person playing Zach sits next to a pillar on the aisle, so his chair's in the standing room area, if I remember correctly.

xOnMyOwnX
#137re: A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?
Posted: 5/23/08 at 2:48pm

As far at the whole did-Mario-or-didn't-he demand Nick Adam's costume change:

From Star magazine (May 26 200re: A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?
Is Marion Pumped With Bicep Envy?
Mario Lopez has a body to die for. But it turns out the 34 year old hottie isn't above some biceps envy! Mario -who is currently starring in the Broadway revival of the classic musical A Chorus Line- didn't want to share the stage with a cast member he believed had bigger guns, reported the New York Post. So the actor, Nick Adams, Now wears a hoodie over his character's navy blue tank top. Meanwhile, Mario's character sports a sweater with short sleeves instead of the usual long sleeves, all the better to show off his bugling biceps! Not that we're complaining!

original New York Post article: https://www.nypost.com/seven/05072008/entertainment/theater/arms_and_the_man_109743.htm

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#138re: A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?
Posted: 5/23/08 at 5:41pm

I don't really understand how anyone could truly believe that the changes were not made for Mario, especially regarding Nick's costume.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#139re: A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?
Posted: 5/23/08 at 5:55pm

it's really sad. I can't wait for him to leave the show.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#141re: A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?
Posted: 5/23/08 at 7:13pm

hell, Jerry Robbins slapped Pal Joey on the ass with a newspaper, which would seem to mean that Pal Joey is a) a dancer, and b) was in a Robbins show - so unless he's OLD (like ME) that would only mean he was in JR's Broadway - either on B'way or tour.

You obviously didn't read my post or you would know that none of your guesses are correct. My original post about the newspaper swatting (available by search on this board and the Off Topic board) revealed (a) which show I worked on, (b) what job I had on the production and (c) approximately how OLD I am.

bk
#142re: A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?
Posted: 5/24/08 at 12:11am

Good, I'll search it.

As to the ONE example of Internet libel, it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about - which is anonymous postings on chat boards. No one has EVER been sued, no matter how scurrilous the posts (and let me tell you, in the old days of Usenet glory there were Internet trolls who were the most reprehensible people ever put on the planet - one can only hope that karma has taken care of them) on a chat board. The example cited here is completely different - someone created a website to defame someone's business, and it was, apparently, no secret who it was.

bk
#143re: A Chorus Line - changes for Mario?
Posted: 5/24/08 at 12:57am

What's the difference between a "slap on the ass with a newspaper" and a "newspaper swatting?"

Oh, THAT'S who you are. :) Hi!

That thread made for very interesting reading!

Videos