pixeltracker

"Perfect for US": The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!- Page 60

"Perfect for US": The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!

purtynpynk Profile Photo
purtynpynk
#1475re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/27/10 at 1:23am

rather than start a new thread for this, I thought I'd ask here.

I'm going to New York this weekend for my first trip there ever, and this is the one show that I am dying to see, and will pay whatever I have to to do so. How has the rush been lately? We will be there Thursday afternoon and we leave Monday afternoon. Is there a "best day" to try the rush. I know about TKTS, but I assume that will be very crowded for this show. Are there any other options other than just buying a regular ticket if there's any left?

Any information would be helpful. Thanks!

ILuv2shop531
#1476re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/27/10 at 1:42am

They do not have rush...only lotto. It can get very busy on weekends. But def try. If you win the ticket is 25 and its front row or box.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1477re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/27/10 at 4:18am

Have a great time in NY and yes, N2N, is a beautiful choice.

But if you are willing to pay anything to see it...why bother with rush? Just buy a ticket!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

purtynpynk Profile Photo
purtynpynk
#1478re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/27/10 at 9:09am

because that is my last option. I am a pretty broke college student who has limited funds, and paying anything would mean cutting out other things I want to do while in the city. That is why I asked you guys what other options there might be so that I still can experience more than just seeing one show while I'm in New York, since I'd like to see three, maybe even four shows while I'm there.

aliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
#1479re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/27/10 at 9:26am

My friends tried the lotto for the Sunday night show and there were a good amount of people there. None of us won but they did have a "lotto losers line" with $40 tickets. My friends did that and were happy with the seats (side orchestra I think). So hopefully if you tried the lotto you'd be able to have that as a cheaper back up than TKTS.

specialk2
#1480re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/27/10 at 7:14pm

There are also tickets in the very back of the mezzanine for $36.50 I believe it is, if you want to get cheap tickets ahead of time. I'm not sure how fast they sell.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#1481re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/28/10 at 11:39am

Assuming Alice is still out tnite? (Thurs)

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1482re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/28/10 at 5:27pm

I don't know about tonight, but it seems that she extended according to a comment on her facebook. I wonder if anyone else extended.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1483re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/28/10 at 5:32pm

Where did you get she extended?

Based on her last status update, I would say she is "in" tonight:

Alice Ripley BRING IT ON CAUSE I'M ARMED AND READY.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1484re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/28/10 at 5:36pm

Someone asked if she'd be there in May and she said she should be.

Lynnespock2
#1485re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/30/10 at 6:49pm

I positively, absolutely did NOT want to see this show. I went and expected to dislike it, but I positively, absolutely loved the show and everyone should see it. Alice Ripley is amazing, as was the rest of the cast. It's fantastic!

Live long and prosper. Marriage equity now!

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1486re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/30/10 at 7:22pm

Does anyone know if Alice is back? She's been out sick since Act 2 of Sunday's matinee. In other news, I am loving Kyle Dean Massey's vlogs on broadway.com.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1487re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/30/10 at 7:32pm

Alice performed the matinee today, but just got a text from a friend that Jessica is on tonight.
Updated On: 1/30/10 at 07:32 PM

defygravity24 Profile Photo
defygravity24
#1488re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/30/10 at 8:52pm

your friend will like Jessica. she's great.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#1489re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/30/10 at 8:55pm

Oh, I know. I enjoyed her a great deal when I saw her the second time back on late November (hated her the first time...but she improved about 1000%). I'm hoping she is on tomorrow evening, because I want to see her again.

defygravity24 Profile Photo
defygravity24
#1490re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/30/10 at 9:07pm

yah I saw her in late november too. I was disappointed at first to have an understudy but she blew me away.

Lori2 Profile Photo
Lori2
#1491re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/30/10 at 9:34pm

Hey everyone, I heard a stupid rumor that Alice and Bobby are out the month of February? Thats not true is it? Gosh I hate rumors! Just wanted to know if thats true or not, so I can stop the people from asking me!!! LOL Thanks re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!

http://www.myspace.com/jrobertspencer
Can you keep the cup from tipping Can you keep the grip from slipping In despair, for just another day ~Next To Normal

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1492re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/30/10 at 10:54pm

is it me or has Alice been out a lot lately?

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1493re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/30/10 at 11:55pm

Lori2, that rumor is false.

steven22, I've noticed that as well. It's disappointing, but it's good that she's taking the time to recover from whatever she has rather than pushing herself to come back too soon and possibly getting sicker.

Lori2 Profile Photo
Lori2
#1494re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 1/31/10 at 9:16am

Thank you Elphaba3! Its a really stupid rumor anyway. re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!

http://www.myspace.com/jrobertspencer
Can you keep the cup from tipping Can you keep the grip from slipping In despair, for just another day ~Next To Normal

NYCmia17
#1495re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/5/10 at 12:56pm

I was just wondering how are the side mezzanine seats of the Booth?

I've seen Next To Normal 3 times already but have gotten center orchestra once and center mezzanine twice. So now my friend asked me to go with her for her birthday and she has left side mezzanine tickets. The tickets are front row mezzanine seats 9-13, I believe. I'm assuming they're good. I have just never really paid much attention to the side rows before to notice if they're good seats or not. Anyway, any help would be great. Thanks!

benemac Profile Photo
benemac
#1496re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/5/10 at 9:12pm

I'm searching for discount tkts through broadwayoffers.com and they have $65 tickets in several locations for the night I'm searching. Choices have included Orch Row H 2-4; Orch Row A 1-3; Orch Row A 2-4; Mezz Left A 9-11; Mezz Rt B 6-8 & Mezz Ctr D 101-102. Now I would think the 2nd row on the left or right side would be awesome, but after reading some posts, one may not see the whole show. It's probably the only time I'll see it. What would you pick? I love being close up, but if much of the show is missed, I'd rather move back. You can email me privately.

Thanks for any help.

afaye11
#1497re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/5/10 at 9:43pm

I would without a doubt choose A 2-4. A lot more action happens stage left, so those seats would be your best bet. You might miss a little bit, but barely anything. It is worth it to be that close!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1498re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/13/10 at 11:52am

so whats the date when Alice and J. Robert Spencer will be "sick" and Sarah and Michael are going on?

#1499re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
Posted: 2/13/10 at 2:49pm

NYCmia, the size mezz seats are totally fine.

Videos