pixeltracker

KING AND I Revival a possibility- Page 7

KING AND I Revival a possibility

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#150KING AND I Revival a possibility
Posted: 1/3/12 at 1:51am

^ Agreed. I think she would be beyond perfect for the role.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#151KING AND I Revival a possibility
Posted: 4/14/12 at 7:39pm

I watched the movie today and couldn't help but picture Michael Cerveris as The King. Is Emily Skinner too old for Anna? Then again, I noticed Victoria Clark was suggested.

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

ChildrenwillListen
#152KING AND I Revival a possibility
Posted: 4/14/12 at 8:37pm

I would love to see a revival of King and I, but I know casting could easily affect that.

Copperfield2
#153KING AND I Revival a possibility
Posted: 4/14/12 at 9:24pm

I hope Kelli O'Hara does not do this show. Could Maria Friedman do it?

Matt2 Profile Photo
Matt2
#154KING AND I Revival a possibility
Posted: 4/14/12 at 11:41pm

Would they still allow a non-Asian actor to play the King? There was that huge fuss about Jonathan Pryce playing the Eurasian Engineer in Miss Saigon. He certainly has the talent to pull of the part vocally/acting wise.

SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
#155KING AND I Revival a possibility
Posted: 4/15/12 at 12:38am

Cerveris would be excellent but would they be willing to cast a non-asian actor as the King? It would also be his 2nd "Ethnic" role (after Peron). But my he would be good...he and Kate Baldwin or Vicki Clark. With some great opera mezzo as Lady Thiang.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#156KING AND I Revival a possibility
Posted: 4/15/12 at 12:46am

NO STOP.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Wilmingtom
#157KING AND I Revival a possibility
Posted: 4/15/12 at 10:05am

I don't recall any objection to Lou Diamond Phillips playing the King and that was 5 years after the Miss Saigon uproar.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#158KING AND I Revival a possibility
Posted: 4/15/12 at 11:09am

Yea, white actors are *so* underrepresented on Broadway, they really need to make sure to not hire an Asian man to play the part of an Asian man, it makes complete and total sense *eye roll*

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#159KING AND I Revival a possibility
Posted: 4/15/12 at 11:39am

I don't recall any objection to Lou Diamond Phillips playing the King and that was 5 years after the Miss Saigon uproar.

BECAUSE THAT WASN'T INAPPROPRIATE. He's Asian. He's better known for playing Latino and Native American characters, but he's ethnically also Chinese, Hawaiian and Filipino.

Yea, white actors are *so* underrepresented on Broadway, they really need to make sure to not hire an Asian man to play the part of an Asian man, it makes complete and total sense *eye roll*

I think you mean "pass the eye tape."

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 4/15/12 at 11:39 AM

Younger Brother Profile Photo
Younger Brother
#160KING AND I Revival a possibility
Posted: 12/5/13 at 4:04pm

Is this still on the table or is it pretty much dead? I know they were waiting for Kelli but with Bridges coming up, I wish they'd just go with Kate Baldwin or Laura Benanti. (I would say Osnes but she's still too young, despite the fact I imagine she'd be incredible)

disney_princess Profile Photo
disney_princess
#161KING AND I Revival a possibility
Posted: 12/5/13 at 11:41pm

Michael Cerveris as the king? Really? While we're at it why don't we do a Color Purple revival with Patti LuPone?

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#162KING AND I Revival a possibility
Posted: 12/5/13 at 11:52pm

@disney_princess I'd see that. Patti v. 'Tasia

AlfredColo
#163KING AND I Revival a possibility
Posted: 12/6/13 at 6:16am

funny enough we are getting the Tony Award winning revival of The King an I back in Australia.

Videos