pixeltracker

PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE first previe- Page 7

PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE first previe

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#150PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE first preview
Posted: 4/16/11 at 11:36pm

I just saw it and although I'm not Jewish, I've got a deep understanding and appreciation for the events of the Holocaust.

Although I think the show is far from perfect, it was not an utter disaster. I found much of the story compelling. I enjoyed learning a little about the theater group in Warsaw during WWII.

Donna Murphy is really amazing-her performance really makes the show. I hope she garners a Tony win for this performance. She truly has the character she plays ingrained in her.

Nicole Parker was very good as well, and I thought the girl who played the granddaughter was excellent, too.

Overall, it was not the best musical of the year but I do feel it was better than I expected. And Donna Murphy gives a terrific performance.

perfectliar
#151PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE first preview
Posted: 4/17/11 at 12:23am

Why does he need to have a fully informed opinion to make a list of his own personal least-liked musicals of the season? We all have a right to our opinion, however informed or uninformed it may be.

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#152PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE first preview
Posted: 4/17/11 at 2:14am

I just wanna know about changes... have any changes been made??? anybody know?

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#153PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE first preview
Posted: 4/26/11 at 12:49am

I saw the show this past Sunday matinee and really enjoyed it! Agree that the second act is stronger than the first, but I was never bored by any of it. To my surprise, the mezz was completely packed! I've never seen the mezz of Studio 54 that full before! And the audience seemed to really enjoy it, there was lots of laughter at the jokes.

I have no idea about changes because I have nothing to compare it to. I didn't even know anything about this show before seeing it, just that people's reactions to it were mixed, so maybe I went in with lowered expectations, but I was surprised how much I liked it.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

ahhrealmonsters
#154PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE first preview
Posted: 4/26/11 at 12:43pm

I saw the 5th-or-so preview and saw it again this weekend, and they have made changes. Notably, they added a new song for Nicole Parker, changed the ending a bit, and orchestrated the second act.

I love this show and really hope it becomes a wild card and possible upset.

BwayLover Profile Photo
BwayLover
#155PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE first preview
Posted: 4/26/11 at 1:02pm

I saw the show two weeks ago and then again this past Thursday...It really was better the second time and I got to appreciate the beautiful songs more - there are some lovely, lovely songs in this show, and a lot of heart. I really hope the critics see that. Donna Murphy is phenomenal as always,and Rachel Resheff is absolutely wonderful as well!
I hope it lasts until June when I can come see it again.

"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "

HBBrock
#156PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE first preview
Posted: 4/26/11 at 1:03pm

TWO TICKETS FOR SALE FOR TONIGHT: $25 TOTAL!!!!!

"The People In The Picture" starring DONNA MURPHY - TONIGHT!

Hiptix had a special for mezzanine seats....I can't attend the show anymore. Would be happy to meet you at the theatre to give you the tickets at 7:30. Again, two tickets for $25 total. The seats are mezzanine Row KK 105 and 107.

One of you must be between the ages of 18-35 as both you and I will have to show ID's at the box office to pick up the tickets since they are in my name and they will need to see two ID's. Roundabout is strict. This is a press preview, so the show is frozen.

Send me a PM if interested....

Updated On: 4/26/11 at 01:03 PM

Videos