pixeltracker

Jersey Boys quote questions.- Page 7

Jersey Boys quote questions.

Brokenlizard14 Profile Photo
Brokenlizard14
#150use the schmootlegg...
Posted: 4/9/06 at 11:07pm

Thanks guys. I'm fine. I spent all weekend watching movies. (Stay, Just Friends, King Kong, and A Sound of Thunder) so I'm feeling pretty good.

Now, I know this is a threadjack but does anyone here watch Grey's Anatomy? How hot was the end of that last ep?! OMG! I love Alex, sososososososo much.

broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#151use the schmootlegg...
Posted: 4/10/06 at 12:02am

Glad you're feeling better, but I'm a George girl! use the schmootlegg...

LOL NPG and I are thinking of ways to come up with at least $7500 to win the bid for a JB walk-on role. We already have our scenes picked out and what we'd swipe backstage. Now we just need the cash! So far, we've come up with buying lotto tickets and hoping to win, selling our cars, requesting donations from people on our buddy lists and friends on myspace, oh, and selling our souls! hahaha

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

Brokenlizard14
#152use the schmootlegg...
Posted: 4/10/06 at 7:15am

lol, Broadway Betty. OH YEAH! George is still the cutest frigging thing ever. lol. My friend and I fight about it all the time, cause she loves Derek, but I'm a George (and definitely Alex at times) fan. lol

I saw that auction. I was like "Holy ****. That's WAY too much....but if I had that kinda money..I'd do it." lol

Brokenlizard14
#153use the schmootlegg...
Posted: 4/12/06 at 1:37pm

Ok...You all remember that book I was talking about making for the cast? I was wondering if anybody was planning to participate in that? If you are, you can e-mail me your submission at NFGurl@hotmail.com (Please put Jersey Boys in the subject line) or if you'd rather send it through normal mail, pm me and I'll give you my address.

Ok, but here's the big thing. Somebody brought something up regarding the book that I'm ashamed to admit I'd never thought about. Who keeps the book when the contracts start to expire. Several people were thought of (including all 4 of the boys), and Erica Piccinnini as a wedding gift.

What do you guys think? Any ideas?

jerseyboyslover Profile Photo
jerseyboyslover
#154use the schmootlegg...
Posted: 4/12/06 at 1:46pm

I think giving it to John is a good idea. Are you taking it to them in person?

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#155use the schmootlegg...
Posted: 4/12/06 at 3:29pm

Maybe the stage manager, even. He can keep it backstage for the cast to look through when they feel like it.

jerseyboyslover
#156use the schmootlegg...
Posted: 4/12/06 at 4:22pm

good idea, but what about when they are off broadway? I hope that does not happen for a while. I still need to see it.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Brokenlizard14
#157use the schmootlegg...
Posted: 4/12/06 at 4:33pm

Popular_Elphie,

That's not a bad idea actually. I LOVE the stage manager at the August Wilson Theater...I think his name is Kevin, but I can't really remember. lol. He was a sweetie though. Oh no wait...I'm slow, that's the guy at the stage DOOR. lol

So right now it's either John, Erica, or the stage manager (to keep it at the theater). Any other suggestions?

jerseyboyslover
#158use the schmootlegg...
Posted: 4/12/06 at 4:39pm

What pictures do you have? I have some of the four girls, marshall brickman, rick elice and i have a blog post from john and christian, but the one from chrisatian has my name in it.

Brokenlizard14
#159use the schmootlegg...
Posted: 4/12/06 at 11:27pm

I have the boys, peter, mark, and Sarah. I'll take anything you want to put in

jerseyboyslover
#160use the schmootlegg...
Posted: 4/13/06 at 5:05am

Do you want me to e-mail them to you or send them snail mail?

Updated On: 4/13/06 at 05:05 AM

jerseyboyslover
#161use the schmootlegg...
Posted: 4/13/06 at 12:18pm

I have just put the pictures in the mail.

popular_elphie
#162BUMP.
Posted: 4/19/06 at 12:54am

Bumping this thread up! It's still my favorite.

Saw the show again Sunday - full cast, and wonderful as always. The cast has raised a TON for BC/EFA.

Brokenlizard14
#163BUMP.
Posted: 4/19/06 at 7:09am

Yeah! I mean, look at how much John has raised by himself.

Does anyone know if the dinner for two w/ the boys, or the walk-on role have gone yet? I'm not interested in bidding (Don't have that much money), just want to know how much they go for. lol

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
#164BUMP.
Posted: 4/19/06 at 7:45am

The walk-on role went for $8,100 and the bidding closed yesterday, I think. There's at least one bid for the dinner for two with 'da boys' at the minimum bid of $5,000. *sighs* What I wouldn't give for an extra few thousand hanging around in my bank account right about now. BUMP.

*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#165BUMP.
Posted: 4/19/06 at 8:31am

Geez! Too bad the lottery isn't easier to win..:)

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

popular_elphie
#166BUMP.
Posted: 4/19/06 at 10:37am

I wish I had the money for those things! Dinner with the boys seems like it'd be fun.

I wonder how much the other shows have raised! It would be awesome for JB to win the Easter Bonnet.

Brokenlizard14
#167BUMP.
Posted: 4/19/06 at 1:08pm

The easter bonnet?

Sorry about the threadjack here, but since I'm kind of new to the whole Broadway thing, I was hoping maybe you guys could recommend some good cast recordings for me to get.

Right now I'm looking at Little Shop of Horrors (the 2003 revival), because we're watching the movie in my film studies class, and I love Hunter Foster's "Suddenly Seymour".

I also have Jersey Boys (obviously), Sweeney Todd (the revival), Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Wicked, RENT (both the obcr, and movie soundtrack), The Last 5 Years, and some tracks from 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, Hairspray (just Run and Tell That, and It Takes Two), and a Light in the Piazza (Fable, The Beauty Is, Say it Somehow, and Love to Me) that I got off ITunes.

So, going by what I like, anything you guys would recommend for me?

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#168BUMP.
Posted: 4/19/06 at 1:21pm

popular_elphie - I think Jersey Boys may have a great shot at winning the easter bonnet. They definitely had some of the most creative ideas for fundraising and I swear JLY was like on a mission for BC/EFA.

brokenlizard - I would suggest Piazza. Its my fave, so I'm a lil biased. Umm...Chicago is pretty good too, you would probably like that.

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

JerseyGirl
#169memorabilia book
Posted: 4/19/06 at 1:35pm

Broken Lizard - because it would be only one book for so many people, dedicate it to the whole class and let the theater keep it backstage, as a reminder to each replacement cast member how big the shoes are that they're trying to fill. Include printouts of the rave reviews the cast, especially JLY has gotten, the Tony awards they will win, Christian on All My Children, Erica getting proposed to On Stage, Longoria's perfect Pesci impression, examples of honest very emotional postings on this and other JB fan sites where the show or the soundtrack brings people to tears, as a reminder to future cast members just how beloved they were and will always be. =) Besides, not everyone in the cast has an apartment big enough to hold a photo album as gargantuum as the one you're going to make... so best if the theater keeps it as a momento. =)

Brokenlizard14
#170BUMP.
Posted: 4/19/06 at 1:36pm

Ok guys, I have a new idea for this book I'm working on. The letters/pictures idea didn't really take off, since Kathryn was the only one who submitted anything. What about this:

Everybody write something: How you first heard about Jersey Boys? What was your reaction when you saw it for the first time? How many times have you seen it since? Favorite scene/line? What is it about the show that made you fall in love with it? Favorite song? (Not just 4 Seasons ones, but favorite song in the show)
If you want to single out an actor/actress, go ahead, but keep in mind that it's being sent to the entire cast, so they'll all read what you've written.

And when you send them, if you want to include a picture either from your favorite scene, your favorite castmember, the original 4 Seasons, or you with any of the castmembers, feel free. You can PM them to me (or e-mail me at NFGurl@hotmail.com) and I'll print them off.

What do you guys think? Any good?

I'd really appreciate it though, if you guys could send these in ASAP. I don't know how long it will take me to work on it, but the guys only have 6 months left on their contracts. Thanks!

~Erin~

Edit: Jersey Girl, I didn't see your post till after I did. That's a great idea, cause they are big shoes the replacements will have to fill. What do you guys think? I really do want your opinions, because the book isn't from me, it's from the entire Jersey Boys fanbase. lol That sounds so incredibly cheesy but it's true.

So seriously, let me know what you think, cause I really do like Jersey Girl's idea. Updated On: 4/19/06 at 01:36 PM

JerseyGirl
#171ha
Posted: 4/19/06 at 2:20pm

No Problem, BL! I was beginning to think - with all the little studio apartments and everyone in NYC squishing into inhumanely small spaces just to live in NY, a book the size of a coffee table, though sentimental, isn't practical. =) Limit your fan's responses to 100 words or less, and include a picture, also, as the author, include the shining moments of the show's life - from articles at La Jolla, to tony awards and beyond. You can prepare it for Oct 3 or Nov 6, to mark the one year anniversary of one of the most successful and surprise break-out shows of the year. Wheeeee! Totally. =)

jerseyboyslover
#172ha
Posted: 4/19/06 at 4:44pm

I think that is a great idea Erin, I have not seen the show but I am now e-mailing daniel and Michael, christian and john so i think that i can come up with some nice thing's to say.

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#173ha
Posted: 4/19/06 at 4:49pm

Erin, I'm so bad with writing things and such. I seem to be that person who wants to spill her soul about how much I love something (or someone) and I end up saying, "you guys rock" or some dumbass thing like that. So if you give me a few to formulate a nice paragraph or something for them, I'd be more than happy to oblige.

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

Brokenlizard14
#174ha
Posted: 4/19/06 at 11:56pm

Well, I don't have much, but here's some things for ya:

Name:

1) How did you hear about the show?
2) What was your reaction when you heard the cast recording?
3) What was your reaction when you saw the show for the first time?
4) What was it about the show that made you fall in love with it?
5) Do you have a favorite song on the cast recording? What is it/Why?
6) Do you have a favorite moment/line in the show? What is it/Why?
7) Is there anything you'd like to say to the cast?

And if possible, I'd love for everyone to include just one picture (Please send me all this through pm or e-mail-NFGurl@hotmail.com) whether it be a favorite cast member (any picture-from the show, or otherwise-is welcome), a picture from your favorite scene, a picture you took of the theater, or you with any of the cast members. It's all welcome.

I'd like for everybody who's been posting in this thread to do that form. Please? lol...I love you guys.

~Erin~

Videos