pixeltracker

Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal- Page 7

Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal

Magdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
#150re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 4:35pm

I'm sort of bummed that they won't be in the show when I go to NYC in September!

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#151re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 5:57pm

Sad? Hm, I guess there MAY be someone who would find receiving screaming standing ovations depressing...

GuitarGirl Profile Photo
GuitarGirl
#152re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 6:30pm

...But obviously Adam and Anthony in particular were not sad, nor were the audience members.

"I'm sort of like a child genius without being a child or a genius."~Tim Rice-Oxley

elphieisperky
#153re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 6:39pm

It was a great night. Wow. I'm not going to do a major review or anything, you guys pretty much took care of that :) But wow. And the energy within the whole cast was amazing. A lot better than when I saw them in January. Adam's little dance at "I'm Roger" was adorable. He's adorable. Like hearthatstrue said, Troy made a great Collins, his I'll Cover You Reprise was so touching. I was utterly thrilled by how great Tamyra was. Out Tonight was really good and she had a lot of fun with it. Merle and Anthony in Tango: Maureen was priceless. She has a beautiful voice as well, and together they were hilarious. Loved Nicolette's energy and voice too. Also agree with the whole fangirl thing last night. Sure, I'm...a kinda young girl and all, and I did scream at the beginning and end. But just all around me it was like "woo" city. This girl behind me said "woo" and then commented to practically everything they said in the beginning! But anyway. It was an amazing night, I'll never forget it in a million years. Welcome back, Adam and Anthony!

misschung
#154re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 6:47pm

During Light My Candle, Adam clicked his heels when he said "I didn't recognize you without the handcuffs," right? Or was that a different line. It was so cute

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?
Updated On: 7/31/07 at 06:47 PM

lawyerman Profile Photo
lawyerman
#155re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 8:17pm

I am so skeptical of those who loved Troy Horne's performance because Ive only heard terrible terrible things so far.

but just wanted to report that i was walking home tonight and I noticed an ENORMOUS line of people waiting to enter the Nederlander at like 715- stretching down 41 and around onto 7th Av

im surprised these boys are packing it in

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#156re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 8:19pm

Why is that surprising?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#157re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 8:28pm

Hmmm. I'm not sure I felt quite as thrilled about the evening as the rest in this thread. I think I could have done without the mid-song and mid-scene shrieking.

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#158re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 8:48pm

I've never seen Troy Horne before, but while he wasn't a standout for me, neither did he detract from the show. Perhaps he stepped up in response to the enthusiasm of the audience. I think his persona might be a little lightweight for the part, but he didn't seem like a bad performer.

GuitarGirl Profile Photo
GuitarGirl
#159re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 8:50pm

I've seen Troy Horne, and he was okay. Not standout but okay.

"I'm sort of like a child genius without being a child or a genius."~Tim Rice-Oxley

BroadwayGirl107
#160re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 8:53pm

I have a terrible habit of not checking my playbill when I see Rent.
*looks*

Ah, Collins. He was...interesting. I got the feeling he had some sort of ideas about the character and what he wanted to do, he just wasn't particularly good at doing it. I actually laughed at him at some points that I really do not think were supposed to be funny.

misschung
#161re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 8:55pm

I could have too, but it was to be expected on their opening night.

Lawyerman, I wasn't crazy about Troy Horne's performance. I wasn't that impressed with the Seasons of Love soloist either.

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#162re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 9:04pm

Troy was the only weak link for me.

As for the age thing, I thought neither one looked anywhere near their real age on that stage last night.

I, too, could've done without all the fangirling going on. I expected it, though.

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

BroadwayGirl107
#163re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 9:07pm

I expected it, too. I had a moment like a week or so after I bought the ticket when I realized that I bought a ticket to their first night, which obviously meant not just me watching the show with calm first-timers but the craziest, loudest fans that could be there. It's a shame; if anyone was there for their first time last night, I think they must have been scared away.

GuitarGirl Profile Photo
GuitarGirl
#164re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 9:10pm

Those poor tourists who had no clue...

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#165re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 9:14pm

I wasn't sitting very close to any screamers, and I'm sure that made a difference, but the excitement in the audience was thrilling to me. It really added to the evening.

#166re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 9:29pm

So I'm seeing the show on the 10th, and I couldn't be more excited. I'm just curious about the stage door... I'm the type that is more likely to be shoved than to do the shoving, so I'm just wondering if you all think they will have a solid system set up by the time I get there.

GuitarGirl Profile Photo
GuitarGirl
#167re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 9:37pm

They eventually have to get something set up, if not for the stage dooring experience then for safety.

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#168re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 9:43pm

Chloe, we had about 4 or 5 of the screamers right behind us.

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

misschung
#169re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 9:49pm

why mark had a different scarf than the one he made famous 11 years ago?

His scarf wasn't that different, was it?

I thought that D'Monroe blew through so many of his lines so quickly that they just got lost. Something about his pacing seemed a little off to me.

Chloe, I just got a chance to read that blog that you posted yesterday. That was great

Updated On: 7/31/07 at 09:49 PM

jimnysf
#170re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:21pm

why mark had a different scarf than the one he made famous 11 years ago?

I hear he also had on different underwear! The nerve.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

misschung
#171re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:36pm

Actually, he was wearing the same kind of red plaid boxers that he used to back in the day :-P

GuitarGirl Profile Photo
GuitarGirl
#172re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:46pm

Cute boxers, those are. :P

nga8
#173re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:49pm

"I wasn't sitting very close to any screamers, and I'm sure that made a difference, but the excitement in the audience was thrilling to me. It really added to the evening."

chloe, I felt exactly the same way....I guess I was far enough away from the screamers....but the deafening applause and excitement from the audience only added to the evening for me too.....I hope it was equally as wonderful (less the stagedoor experience) tonight as it was last night! looking foward to hearing about it.....

11/11/05
#174re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 11:46pm

THE MAGIC IS BACK!

Just got home from Tuesday's evening performance. Adam + Anthony = Brilliance. The original and definitive Roger and Mark. It was if I had stepped into a time machine and travelled back 10 years. Anthony is the SAME (and that's a good thing) but Adam has grown so much as an actor. This is without question his best work ever on stage! His Roger is now infused with a playfullness and vulnerablity that will break your heart. His soaring vocals were strong, clear and passionate - as good as ever (and much better than the film version). GO SEE the definitive performances of Mark and Roger, you won't be disappointed!

That's the good news. The bad news is that Anthony and Adam appear to be performing in a parallel RENT universe which does not included the current cast. While Anthony and Adam bring Mr. Larson's characters to life with laser like focus - the rest of the cast seem to be making up their own characters as they go along and often failing...sometimes embarassingly so. Oversinging. Overplaying. Overacting. I haven't visted RENT in many years - so I don't know if the changes I saw tonight have evolved over the years - but let's just say...it's not the same RENT I fell in love with 10 years ago when Anthony and Adam originated the roles. It's good to have them back for this brief time to remind us of the "glory" days a decade ago.

Videos