pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 8

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#175NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:12am

If I remember correctly, it was strongly hinted at in the first season finale, but that was so long ago that I barely remember. I felt like they were setting up an inevitable "who's the father?" storyline that no one wanted.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#176NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:13am

I don't remember that. But I wish they'd do it and have the baby be black just to bring Ellis back.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#177NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:15am

Better Ellis than one more second of Michael Reidel.

Jordan Catalano
#178NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:18am

He's an amazing ac-tor. He belongs in front of the cam-era.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#179NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --

Bring back Ellis.

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#180NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --

You're right Phyllis. Deb was pregnant in the season finale last year. She had morning sickness and they were definitely going to set up a "Who's the daddy?" storyline. They could have gone on Maury- Mr. Swift, You are NOT the father!

Fine by me that they dropped it. I guess they were just counting on us forgetting about it.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#181NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:20am

I knew PalJoey would come in to be pro-Ellis! I would sign a petition to bring Ellis back. Also, I'd like a sex scene between Andy Mientus and Wesley Taylor. And Ellis. I'd like to see them in a triad.

beautywickedlover
#182NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:27am

Hilty knocked it out of the ballpark with that last number. Overall, I thought it was a solid start for the show. I'm interested to see what will happen during the rest of the season especially with the preview at the end.

nasty_khakis
#183NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:39am

Did I miss the scarf line? When was it?

Jordan Catalano
#184NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:41am

Towards the end.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#185NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:49am

God McPhee is so terrible. I do like that they are making her out to be the dumb, obnoxious bitch this season. Ivy was the only good thing about the episode. Her song was excellent. The low point of the episode was the song with Derek and the girls in the bar. Mara Davi and Annaleigh Ashford were excellent in the guest parts.

Jordan Catalano
#186NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 12:54am

Seriously, last season Ivy was the bitch and I wanted her to meet the front of a moving bus but this season it's slowly turning to the other one.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#187NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 4:39am

I don't think they are making Karen a bitch, just vindictive. Ivy DID sleep with her boyfriend you know. She's got a right to have hard feelings. I don't remember her being bitchy to anyone else.

I DID like Ivy much more last night, you can care about a girl trying to make amends.

I'm hopeful about the buzz that things get much better over the next few episodes -- if not, this will likely be the last season, for me, anyway.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#188NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 7:19am

At the beginning of the scene at the warehouse place in Brooklyn, there is a shot from the gallery level, showed someone's profile, then zoomed in on Karen and friends arriving. I thought it looked like Ellis.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

mamaleh
#189NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 8:10am

Megan Hilty's big number last night, "They Just Keep Moving the Line" blew me away. She's so much more talented than McPhee, both in acting and singing. I find it amusing that McPhee's Karen is supposed to be the big discovery, the explosive talent, when it's pretty obvious (to me, anyway) that Hilty's Ivy is the nascent star.

DeNada
#190NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 8:19am

I haven't seen the second ep yet but I have listened to the album stream on AOL. Moving The Line is brilliant there, and I do agree that Megan Hilty is the more talented of the two, but it strikes me that McPhee is much better on the recording than I was expecting. Her rendition of Never Give All The Heart with just the piano is surprisingly moving, and there are several numbers where she exceeds expectations.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#191NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 9:07am

Being vindictive and being a bitch are different. She wasn't just being bitchy to Ivy. She was being stuck up in all the scenes with Jeremy Jordan's character too. I think it's hilarious that all of a sudden she's a talent scout. She thinks VERY highly of herself. In the last scene when she was like "I was on the subway", that wasn't vindictive. That was bitchy.

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#192NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 9:14am

At the beginning of the scene at the warehouse place in Brooklyn, there is a shot from the gallery level, showed someone's profile, then zoomed in on Karen and friends arriving. I thought it looked like Ellis

GATOR I thought the same thing! Hilty was def the highlight as she always is, and i love JJ but what was with his hair??

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#193NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 9:48am

My crush on Jeremy Jordan grew a bit last night. He's definitely playing the cocky straight guy very well. Looking forward to seeing him in more big musical numbers.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#194NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 10:03am

Bitchy, vindicate, I don't care - I'm just glad they're actually trying to give Karen an actual character, as opposed to this passive girl that falls ass-backward into one fairy tale moment to another. I guess they realized that no one could stay in NYC that long as stay so sweet.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#195NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 10:16am

well TABOO, lets not forget, she once again DID win over ANOTHER room with her amazing singing in Greenpoint! haha

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#196NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 10:32am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO26hdTA9_0

That season preview after the episode looked amazing! And "Public Relations" is one of the highlights on the Bombshell album in my opinion.

I like that they are showcasing McPhee's pop vocals with the new musical, and allowing Hilty to shine with her Broadway pipes in Bombshell this season. Great premiere last night!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#197NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 10:50am

Ivy DID sleep with her boyfriend you know.

Oh, so WHAT.

Rachel Shukert's recap, for those who enjoy her recaps even more than the show.

Smash Recap: It Gets Better

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#198NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:00am

Karen Cartwright, the human equivalent of one of those grocery store peaches that looks like a Cezanne but tastes like the inside of a mattress

That was good

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#199NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/6/13 at 11:09am

Michael F*CKing Riedel is the goddamn Flat Stanley of SMASH. He just appears...two dimensional and with that inexpressive face. Put Karen's eyes behind his face and you have a corpse.

I personally HATE the use of 'real' theatre people in this completely unreal world of SMASH. I actually don't have a problem accepting the alternate reality that SMASH is presenting...but having Michael Riedel and Jordan Roth show up just makes things weird and disjointed. Imagine if they got a real actor to play the nasty gossip columnist instead of that unsettling wraith.

Videos