pixeltracker

Andy Karl performance schedule- Page 8

Andy Karl performance schedule

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#175Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 8/9/17 at 9:42am

Was BILL MURRAY's visit last night a last-ditch effort to save the show...? Asking seriously... They seem to be trying hard to get press despite the terrible box office numbers...

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

springwillcome Profile Photo
springwillcome
#176Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 8/9/17 at 10:57am

Skimbleshanks2 said: "Was BILL MURRAY's visit last night a last-ditch effort to save the show...? Asking seriously... They seem to be trying hard to get press despite the terrible box office numbers...

"

I'm not saying it isn't good press or that isn't why he went, but god did he enjoy it regardless. He was crying a whole lot more than I or anyone was at curtain call and said wonderful things to the cast afterward. There's more on that in other threads but motives in attendance aside he did genuinely enjoy it (I sat a bit in front of him and can confirm haha). So hopefully the good press boosts ticket sales because this show deserves so much more attention than it gets.

10086Sundays
#177Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 8/9/17 at 11:49am

Lot666 said: "Does anyone know whether Mr. Karl is currently scheduled to perform all shows each week (aside from illness or other unforeseen events)?"

Yes, he is!  

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#178Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 8/9/17 at 12:02pm

10086Sundays said: "Lot666 said: "Does anyone know whether Mr. Karl is currently scheduled to perform all shows each week (aside from illness or other unforeseen events)?"

Yes, he is!
"

Thank you. I'm going back up there at the end of the month and am considering seeing this one more time before it closes.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#179Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 8/10/17 at 1:42am

springwillcome said: "Skimbleshanks2 said: "Was BILL MURRAY's visit last night a last-ditch effort to save the show...? Asking seriously... They seem to be trying hard to get press despite the terrible box office numbers...

"

I'm not saying it isn't good press or that isn't why he went, but god did he enjoy it regardless. He was crying a whole lot more than I or anyone was at curtain call and said wonderful things to the cast afterward. There's more on that in other threads but motives in attendance aside he did genuinely enjoy it (I sat a bit in front of him and can confirm haha). So hopefully the good press boosts ticket sales because this show deserves so much more attention than it gets.

"

All of this.  Even if this whole thing only extends the show's life by a few weeks, that's still a few more weeks in which the cast and crew will be getting a paycheck.

I've already seen the show twice, and my partner and I just booked plane tickets to do a musical theater weekend in New York over Labor Day.  We'll go together once, and I may try to sneak off another time to get in viewing number four.  (Yes, I realize this is slightly nuts, but I truly, truly love this show.  It's really rekindled my love of live musical theater).

JustAnotherNewYorker
#180Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 8/10/17 at 1:51am

Kitsune said: "springwillcome said: "Skimbleshanks2 said: "Was BILL MURRAY's visit last night a last-ditch effort to save the show...? Asking seriously... They seem to be trying hard to get press despite the terrible box office numbers...

"

"

All of this.  Even if this whole thing only extends the show's life by a few weeks, that's still a few more weeks in which the cast and crew will be getting a paycheck.

I've already seen the show twice, and my partner and I just booked plane tickets to do a musical theater weekend in New York over Labor Day.  We'll go together once, and I may try to sneak off another time to get in viewing number four.  (Yes, I realize this is slightly nuts, but I truly, truly love this show.  It's really rekindled my love of live musical theater).

"

Not that nuts. I'm comfortably in the double digits. 

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#181Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 8/10/17 at 2:42am

^^ Thank you, glad to know that I'm not alone!

(I am JustAnotherCalifornian - which most of the time I love, but it does limit how much theater I can see on Broadway itself)

10086Sundays
#182Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 8/10/17 at 4:42am

JustAnotherNewYorker said: "Kitsune said: "springwillcome said: "Skimbleshanks2 said: "Was BILL MURRAY's visit last night a last-ditch effort to save the show...? Asking seriously... They seem to be trying hard to get press despite the terrible box office numbers..."

"

"

Not that nuts. I'm comfortably in the double digits.
"

Double digits for me as well.  I was also at the show Monday night, JustAnotherNewYorker.(re: Your post in the Bill Murray thread) We've probably been to at least one other performance at the same time without knowing.

Kitsune - I literally just got back from NYC and your post about Labor Day almost made me book another trip.  I commiserate with you as an out-of-towner.  Especially since I went to the matinee Wednesday, since I had to take an evening flight.  Just missed Bill.

Updated On: 8/10/17 at 04:42 AM

thebookofwhizzer Profile Photo
thebookofwhizzer
#183Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 8/15/17 at 5:51pm

i'm seeing the show August 24th, should i be seeing Andy and Barrett? aside from the possibility of illness of course!

“6 AM. The sky glows. Somewhere a bird chirps. I want to shoot it.” ~ Jonathan Larson, Tick...Tick..BOOM

springwillcome Profile Photo
springwillcome
#184Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 8/15/17 at 6:15pm

thebookofwhizzer said: "i'm seeing the show August 24th, should i be seeing Andy and Barrett? aside from the possibility of illness of course!

"

Definitely. I only know of Andy missing one MAYBE two? performances since he went back on full schedule post injury, and I know Taylor has only gone on for Rita once as well, so Barrett is very unlikely to be out as well. Unless anyone has recently announced vacations, all I know is Katy is out this week for vacation so Camden is on for Debbie (and she's great!) Other than that I haven't heard anything but correct me if I'm wrong! 

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#185Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 8/15/17 at 8:23pm

springwillcome said: "thebookofwhizzer said: "i'm seeing the show August 24th, should i be seeing Andy and Barrett? aside from the possibility of illness of course!

"

Definitely. I only know of Andy missing one MAYBE two? performances since he went back on full schedule post injury, and I know Taylor has only gone on for Rita once as well, so Barrett is very unlikely to be out as well. Unless anyone has recently announced vacations, all I know is Katy is out this week for vacation so Camden is on for Debbie (and she's great!) Other than that I haven't heard anything but correct me if I'm wrong! 

"

Andrew Call posted on his Twitter that he has no *planned* dates to go on as Phil that he knows about at the moment.  There's always the possibility any of the cast could call out, but they seem to have pretty good records.

(Andrew Call does usually post on Twitter if he knows at all in advance that he's going on, but I imagine these things could theoretically get determined very close to showtime).

10086Sundays
#186Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 8/24/17 at 2:20pm

thebookofwhizzer said: "i'm seeing the show August 24th, should i be seeing Andy and Barrett? aside from the possibility of illness of course!"

So, you're getting to see Taylor Iman Jones as Rita tonight. Please report back on how she is! I'm disappointed that it does't look like I'll be able to see either of the Rita understudies go on.

The Ned understudies have also gotten to on this week as well, which I missed. Which is a shame, I love getting to see every possible take on a character.

Updated On: 8/24/17 at 02:20 PM

Videos