Tarzan Review!

Josh Freilich
#175tarzan review!
Posted: 3/30/06 at 10:07pm

Does Josh have the song "Two Worlds" at the beginning?

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid

YankeeGal#24 Profile Photo
YankeeGal#24
#176tarzan review!
Posted: 3/30/06 at 10:13pm

Looking forward to more reviews after tonight and tomorrow's previews!!

"You ask four guys, you get four different versions" ~ Tommy DeVito, Jersey Boys

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#177tarzan review!
Posted: 3/30/06 at 10:50pm

playbill says "voice of tarzan, ensemble" for "two worlds"

::bust a move::

citrustwist
#178tarzan review!
Posted: 3/30/06 at 11:03pm

How physical is this show? Do you think it will eventually be like Movin' Out, where people are out often, and they may even have alternate casts, or is it not physically demanding enough for that?

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#179tarzan review!
Posted: 3/31/06 at 12:00am

Back from preview #3.

Went smoothly, no stops, and there were a lot of changes. There is definitely cut dialogue, some of the visual effects have changed, different choreography, added lines, etc.

The show ran a lot smoother, made more sense, and just flowed nicely tonight. Still some stuff to work on (build a set!), learn how to get the opening set for Act 2 up faster so intermission isn't always 30 minutes.

YankeeGal#24
#180tarzan review!
Posted: 3/31/06 at 12:03am

Thanks liotte! tarzan review!

"You ask four guys, you get four different versions" ~ Tommy DeVito, Jersey Boys

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#181tarzan review!
Posted: 3/31/06 at 12:03am

sounds good for it only being a week... here's hoping it keeps improving tarzan review!!

::bust a move::

Me2 Profile Photo
Me2
#182tarzan review!
Posted: 3/31/06 at 12:05am

I'm having people do lotto for me tomorrow and saturday so hopefully somebody will get luck and I'll get to see the show. I'm REALLY interested in this and I'd really like to see the show progress with their changes!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#183tarzan review!
Posted: 3/31/06 at 1:05am

I'm sure there were tons of changes that I didn't notice (the cut parts), but there were a couple additions, such as a Tarzan look-a-like swinging across the stage right before the real Tarzan's entrance from the back of the Mezz, the gorilla dance towards the beginning of the first act looked different and I think ended differently, a few more gunshots than I remembered.

MeGustaJake
#184tarzan review!
Posted: 3/31/06 at 3:05am

I keep reading about the severely obstructed views. I ordered my tickets just a few days after the tickets went on sale, and the best available was Orchestra Right, Row Q. Is my view going to be blocked?

I'm going May 26, and I can't wait. But now I'm getting slightly nervous.

YankeeGal#24
#185tarzan review!
Posted: 3/31/06 at 9:08am

I'm not positive but I think when it's an obstructed view, it says it right on your tickets. If not, call the venue or ticket vendor and they will let you know.

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#186tarzan review!
Posted: 3/31/06 at 12:31pm

I just tried to get some too and all they had was partial view to the right. However there is a thread that lists all the seats that are bad and I think rear 10 rows of orchestra is listed..
tarzan review!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#187tarzan review!
Posted: 3/31/06 at 12:48pm

The problems begin at Row T for the obstructed views.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#188tarzan review!
Posted: 3/31/06 at 2:08pm

Something else that was cut was Clayton's group of men, there was a rainstorm and they used to walk across the stage singing. That's out. Clayton complained about how it rained every day they were there, and Mr. Porter replied that it was a rainforest. That's cut too.

MeGustaJake
#189tarzan review!
Posted: 3/31/06 at 2:11pm

I should be fine then. My tickets don't say Obstructed View and I'm sitting a few rows ahead of Row T. Phew: Tarzan is the sole reason I'm going to New York in May. We're also seeing Wicked and Spamalot, but I don't have as much interest in them.

Thanks liotte!

Yankeefan007
#190tarzan review!
Posted: 3/31/06 at 2:21pm

I have partial view in Row T. I'll be sure to post what I can see and what I cannot tomorrow after the performance.

bigrab1018 Profile Photo
bigrab1018
#191tarzan review! Preview #3
Posted: 3/31/06 at 4:05pm

"Billy, put down that phylactery...we're Episcopalian." - Spelling Bee

#192tarzan review! Preview #3
Posted: 3/31/06 at 4:30pm

The gorilla sings? This is REALLY a Disney show!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#193tarzan review! Preview #3
Posted: 3/31/06 at 5:01pm

Well, if anyone can't wait til they go themself, I put a signed playbill on ebay from the show. (am I allowed to promote that on here? I've never sold anything on ebay before)

chealion313
#194tarzan review! Preview #3
Posted: 4/1/06 at 12:45am

I just got back from tonight's show, my first viewing, and enjoyed it quite a bit. All I kept thinking about during the show is how the cast has to be in AMAZING physical shape to handle some of the choreography--I felt sore just watching them!!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#195tarzan review! Preview #3
Posted: 4/1/06 at 12:59am

Can you give us more details about the show?

MeGustaJake
#196tarzan review! Preview #3
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:10am

I've never gone backstage to get autographs, but I'd like to for "Tarzan". Does anyone know how I would be able to do this?

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#197tarzan review! Preview #3
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:39am

Go to the stagedoor after the show. Stand by the barricade with the other 200 people there. Hold out your playbill and a sharpie. When people come out the door, they go down the line and sign. It's not too hard.

Videos