pixeltracker

Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal- Page 8

Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal

GuitarGirl Profile Photo
GuitarGirl
#175re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 11:54pm

Thanks for the review! Another good night down for A&A!

"I'm sort of like a child genius without being a child or a genius."~Tim Rice-Oxley

Fiyero13
#176re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 7/31/07 at 11:59pm

how was the screaming/reception/applause

and how was the stage door scene?

broadwaycat3113 Profile Photo
broadwaycat3113
#177re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:00am

did adam and anthony come out of the front doors of the theater???

"Put Your Faith In What You Most Believe In...."

misschung
#178re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:04am

Just a general question about the show itself: last night during Out Tonight, when Tamyra sang the line "We won't be back before it's Christmas Day" she made the sign of the cross and put her arms out almost like a crucifix pose. Did anyone else notice this, and I'm wondering if this is her own twist or if other Mimis have done it too.

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

Actinggbugg474
#179re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:06am

I'm pretty sure that all Mimis do that ... it's part of the choreoraphy.

broadwaycat3113 - They came out the stage door.

viola13
#180re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:08am

Antonique, Karmine and Jaime all did variations of the cross and crucifix pose during Out Tonight. Maybe it's something that was put in within the last couple of years?

Fiyero13
#181re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:08am

Nederlander has a stage door?

jimnysf
#182re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:09am

Here is a picture of them leaving the theatre tonight.....

re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

misschung
#183re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:13am

Thanks. I don't remember that from the last time, but I may have just forgotten.

Jimny, that's the wrong Daphne for Rent

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#184re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:13am

Hmmm. I'm not sure I felt quite as thrilled about the evening as the rest in this thread. I think I could have done without the mid-song and mid-scene shrieking.

Uh-huh. I rest my case.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
Updated On: 8/1/07 at 12:13 AM

sognatora Profile Photo
sognatora
#185re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:15am

How was the lottery? I'm assuming more than normal, but was it completely out of hand?

I plan on getting out of work a few minutes early every day until I get tickets...

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#186re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:26am

Monday's crowd was approximately 300 people, while tonight's was about 200 (conservatively speaking).

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Fiyero13
#187re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:27am

did they have barricades?

#188re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:30am

Wait... did they come out the Lobby door like normal or was it a different one?

Actinggbugg474
#189re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:33am

They didn't come out the lobby door. They came out a door that is located behind the mural of the OBC. I'm guessing it is the Stage Door that they just don't normally use.

jimnysf
#190re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 12:36am

re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal

Fangirls waiting for A and A.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#191re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:24am

Just got home. Performance was better than I could have expected, and I was sitting in the last freakin row of the Mezz (still not bad seats actually). Anthony was as if he never left how many years ago. Perfect! I really think the time has helped, because Adam was better than ever! Just, ughhhh, don't even know the words to describe, he sounded, looked, and performed incredible (yay plaid pants!). He really got into the character finally. Yes I am biased, but I would also be one of the first to criticize him as well. I really like Tamyra, she was the best voiced Mimi I have heard so far. I wasn't really for her look, but she sounded great. Merle was fantastic, beyond words! Only week links for me was Maureen. A little too wacky for my taste, but she still did a good job. I could go on forever.

Yes, we were on broadway/7th ave snaked around the corner waiting on line to get in. But once the doors opened, it went fast. I walked by around 5 pm and people were already lining up for lotto. After, like the person said above, they had the barricades but it was still insane. No one could drive down 41st street because the street was blocked from people. We stayed off the the side and just observed. Anthony and then Adam came out in like 15 minutes or so, not long at all. The crowd was going nuts, but they seemed to be signing and happy. Once the girls started crying, we gracefully made out exit.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

jimnysf
#192re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:27am

Once the girls started crying, we gracefully made out exit.

Sounds like you did the right thing! There's no crying in baseball or stage doors.

OOPS...just noticed you were making out gracefully with exit. Please keep those details private. re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal

Updated On: 8/1/07 at 01:27 AM

Actinggbugg474
#193re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:29am

At least a few people got autographs. Last night was chaos. I was near some lady who was frantically screaming and telling everyone to "back the F**** up .. my daughter is getting smothered!!" It was pretty scary.

I don't know why a parent would bring her six year old little girl into a huge mob of over-zealous Rentheads anyway ... but whatever.

I'm glad they put up barricades though ... maybe that will help get it a little more under control.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#194re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:30am

Oh and the crowd really wasn't bad tonight during the show. Entrance applause when Adam & Anthony came on the stage and just the general applause/screams at the end of songs. Honestly, it's nothing more than I have seen at other shows recently. We did have a singer near us, but lucky the acoustics are loud in that theater.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

Actinggbugg474
#195re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:33am

The audience wasn't terrible last night .. just very enthusiastic. I AM glad that the clapping during La Vie Boheme died out after a few measures though .... I would've been ticked off.

After a couple weeks, I'm sure the crazy crowds will die down a little, but I'm sure this whole week will be crazy.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#196re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:34am

Pictures of the stage door (or, such as there is at the Neder). Holy crap.

http://users.livejournal.com/__incendiarywit/26091.html
http://flickr.com/photos/47731215@N00/sets/72157601121048055/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 8/1/07 at 01:34 AM

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#197re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:34am

It was nuts out there. Girls were begging the guys to stand on their bike/taxi things so they could get pictures. People were on peoples shoulders. I was hearing people saying "they better not ask me to move, because I AM NOT moving" type of stuff. At one point we walked to the corner of 41st and 7th because we weren't going to wait, but then you hear massive screams (Anthony came out) and I swear everyone walking on 7th stopped and was so confused over what was going on.

I tried to take pictures of the overall stage door scene. Once I load them onto the PC I'll see how they came out.

Updated On: 8/1/07 at 01:34 AM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#198re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:42am

Yikes. These descriptions are making me just a tad bit frightened.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#199re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
Posted: 8/1/07 at 1:46am

Em, if you don't plan on actually trying to get their autograph or picture, it is fine. You can still stand off to the side and observe (and see their head bobbing above the crowd, lol).

Videos