Your Most Hated Musical

justoldbill Profile Photo
justoldbill
#200Your Most Hated Musical
Posted: 2/19/12 at 11:17pm

FOLLIES IN CONCERT.

Well-well-well-what-do-you-think-of-that-I-have-nothing-here-to-pay-my-train-fare-with-only-large-bills-fives-and-sevens....

staunchcharacter Profile Photo
staunchcharacter
#201Your Most Hated Musical
Posted: 2/20/12 at 12:09am

Pacific Overtures. Because I find the book unworthy of Sondheim's excellent score and Prince's brilliant staging.

FindingNamo
#202Your Most Hated Musical
Posted: 2/20/12 at 12:11am

The train one with the roller skates.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#203Your Most Hated Musical
Posted: 2/20/12 at 3:48pm

Aww I love the music of God Bless You Mr Rosewater.

Gaveston, I'm curious about what you mean when you say Kiss of the Spider Woman condescends? Granted I was pretty blown away when I saw the tour--I was 12 and I think was impressed at that age to see sucha "grown up" musical (on stage defecation!), not to mention excited by the staging and to see Chita. I'm not sure how I'd feel about the show now, though I do still like a lot of the recording. I haven't read the book but I have seen the movie, and didn't remember the movie feeling vastly different in terms of gay stereotypes, so I'd be curious to hear more specifically.

jwsel
#204Your Most Hated Musical
Posted: 2/22/12 at 11:30pm

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, which I assume means that I'm probably the one who has posted in this thread who suffered through it (probably because it never made it to Broadway).

The Black Rider (in LA)

I would listen to Eden Espinosa screech for hours rather than sit through five minutes of The Black Rider. It was so bad that the driver of the shuttle we took from dinner made a point to tell us he was running the shuttle at intermission and he might have to make multiple trips.

Much lower on the list - Light in the Piazza, Aspects of Love, Passion, and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

StarShine82093
#205Your Most Hated Musical
Posted: 2/23/12 at 1:50am

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang- Yeah.........it was a disaster.
The Addams Family- Nathan Lane had a couple of funny lines in Act 1, and then it just plummeted. I cringe every time I think of the music from that show.
Billy Elliot- I don't hate it, per se, but I was very disappointed. All my friends talked about how amazing it would be, and when I saw it, I came out of the theater thinking "meh."

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
#206Your Most Hated Musical
Posted: 2/23/12 at 2:41am

"Billy Elliot- I don't hate it, per se, but I was very disappointed. All my friends talked about how amazing it would be, and when I saw it, I came out of the theater thinking "meh.""

Those were my exact opinions on Matilda!

Videos