News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread- Page 9

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#200Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/9/13 at 9:09pm

Just curious, but has anyone seen "Chicago" very recently? I'm curious about the two "Roxie" understudies. Dylis Croman is one...and Melissa Rae Mahon was the other one. M.R.M. is not with the cast at this time and will return in autumn. Who is the new "Roxie" understudy? from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#201Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/9/13 at 10:13pm

according to Playbillvault.com, it's Tonya Wathen.
Playbill Vault - Chicago cast

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#202Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/13/13 at 11:07pm

Latest "Chicago" news: Peter Nelson is no longer with the cast, as he joins the ensemble of the upcoming "Cinderella." Best of luck to him! from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Patti LuPone FANatic
#203Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/13/13 at 11:07pm

Latest "Chicago" news: Peter Nelson is no longer with the cast, as he joins the ensemble of the upcoming "Cinderella." Best of luck to him! from RC in Austin, Texas

Patti LuPone FANatic
#204Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/16/13 at 8:07pm

Here's an interview with Peter Nelson (recent Chicago cast member) discussing his new role in "Cinderella." It involves stilts. from RC in Austin, Texas
Peter Nelson

Patti LuPone FANatic
#205Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/19/13 at 1:34pm

Hi all! I'm beyond excited that "Chicago" is playing my hometown of Austin, Texas from November 19-24, 2013 at the 2900 seat Bass Concert Hall, on the campus of the University of Texas at Austin. I can't wait!! from RC in Austin, Texas

Patti LuPone FANatic
#206Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/28/13 at 11:09pm

I just found this video from Broadway On Broadway, with Amy Spanger doing "Me and My Baby" with Michael Cusumano and another performer (whose name I don't know.) Cool. From RC in Austin, Texas
Me and My Baby

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#207Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/29/13 at 10:55am

RC, I believe that's Denny Paschall. I think he's back in the show now, I know he left to do Shrek some years back.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Patti LuPone FANatic
#208Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/4/13 at 5:26am

A little mention of Denny Paschall in Playbill.com. from RC in Austin, Texas
Denny Paschall

CJR
#209Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/16/13 at 5:40pm

Wow. Where was this thread YEARS ago when I worked for them, was the Chicago Queen and actually cared? lol Now Im lucky if I remember to get here once a month!

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#210Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/16/13 at 5:43pm

Hi all! I'm beyond excited that "Chicago" is playing my hometown of Austin, Texas from November 19-24, 2013 at the 2900 seat Bass Concert Hall, on the campus of the University of Texas at Austin. I can't wait!! from RC in Austin, Texas

Do we know who is cast in the tour yet? Is the tour equity or non-eq? I'm curious because its coming through Houston too. I really enjoy the film and want to love it on stage, but so far my experience with it on stage has been less than stellar.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#211Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/21/13 at 7:14pm

According to Telecharge, Amy Spanger will extend her role as "Roxie" until April 7, 2013. Other principals have extended as well. This must be some sort of "Roxie" record. She's been with the show since September 2012. from RC in Austin, Texas
Chicago

MissAnneThrop Profile Photo
MissAnneThrop
#212Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/21/13 at 7:31pm

Not counting return engagements I think Karen Ziemba (3/24/98 - 5/23/99) is the longest.

And I Am Always So Vitriolic

Patti LuPone FANatic
#213Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/21/13 at 9:14pm

Well, the "Chicago" tour usually includes cast members from previous tours. For Roxie, chances are the newest tour will include Tracy Shayne, with Terra C MacLeod as Velma. When I saw the show in Houston in June 2011, Dan LoBuono...longtime Chicago veteran...was part of the cast. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that C.B. is not included. from RC in Austin, Texas

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#214Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/21/13 at 9:29pm

Question: When was Nick Adams in the show on Broadway- what dates? according to Playbill.com: Jun. 19, 2006 - Jul. 3, 2006 is this accurate? the reason i am asking is because i am trying to locate a playbill fromt the show with him in the cast. if anybody could tell me what the cover looked like, or if anybody has one with him in the cast that they are willing to sell please let me know!

Darreyl with an L!

Patti LuPone FANatic
#215Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:52am

Oh my goodness...thrilling news! Christine Pedi will be Mama Morton for 10 weeks..from April 8, 2013 -- June 16, 2013!!! I've always wanted to see her perform. Now's my chance when I see "Chicago" on Fri. June 7, 2013. She'll be fabulous! from RC in Austin, Texas

MissAnneThrop Profile Photo
MissAnneThrop
#216Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/2/13 at 11:58am

according to telecharge amra-faye wright has extended yet again.

And I Am Always So Vitriolic

Patti LuPone FANatic
#217Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/2/13 at 12:01pm

I know...I was surprised about that. She'll be Velma till August 2013, I think. As much as she is talented, I would love to see Terra C. MacLeod as Velma. It seems like there's a limited group of available Velmas. Who knows who'll be the next Roxie....hopefully Bianca Marroquin. from RC in Austin, Texas...

Patti LuPone FANatic
#218Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/5/13 at 6:57pm

Wow...Amy Spanger has extended again!! from RC in Austin, Texas
This is the Chicago cast list, according to Telecharge.

Amra-Fay Wright as Velma (thru 8/11)
Amy Spanger as Roxie (thru 4/14; 5/27 - 8/11)
Christopher Sieber as Billy Flynn (thru 4/7)
Adam Pascal as Bill Flynn (begins 4/8 - 6/16)
Carol Woods as Mama Morton (thru 4/7)
Christine Pedi as Mama Morton (4/8 - 6/16)
Raymond Bokhour as Amos (thru 6/9)
R. Lowe as Mary Sunshine (thru 8/25)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#219Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/5/13 at 8:20pm

I wonder who's going to play Roxie from 4/15-5/26?? I think it's time that Wright hangs up her Chicago boots and moved on to something else. Even Brenda Braxton has moved on.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Rentfan931
#220Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/5/13 at 8:43pm

I definitely agree ACL2006. I've seen Amra-Faye several times, most recently in December 2012 and she gives the same performance each time. Her performance didn't really move me that much.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#221Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/5/13 at 9:55pm

I sort of agree with ACL and RentFan. I get the sense that Amra Fay Wright is extremely talented, but there are other "Velmas" who can do a great job as well. I've seen Amra, Leigh Zimmerman and Terra C MacLeod in the show. Zimmerman is busy with "A Chorus Line" in the West End. I would love to see Terra on Broadway. But, Amra seems to extend and extend and extend. It would be nice to have some variety in "Velma" casting, instead of one person dominating the role for months at a time. Also, it's time that other talented ladies get some experience in the role. from RC in Austin, Texas

Patti LuPone FANatic
#222Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/5/13 at 10:07pm

The current Roxie understudies are Tonya Wathen and Dylis Croman Minter. It would be a great opportunity for both of them to alternate the role until Amy Spanger returns from her time off. I've seen one recent video clip of Amy Spanger. She is one talented lady. from RC in Austin, Texas (visiting NYC from June 7-10).

Rentfan931
#223Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/5/13 at 10:18pm

Amy is a decent Roxie. Not my favorite but she's servicable. Her dancing is decent, but I am not a fan of her acting. Dylis is a fabulous Roxie understudy. Have not seen Tonya, I think she's only been on a few times.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#224Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 4/10/13 at 6:34am

These are first night pictures for Christine Pedi and Adam Pascal in "Chicago." Playbill.com from RC in Austin, Texas
Christine Pedi and Adam Pascal

Videos