pixeltracker

Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act- Page 9

Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#200re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:01pm

Many, many stars give to charity because their agents want a publicity moment. That may not be that case with Beany, but just saying....
Updated On: 1/8/06 at 03:01 PM

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#201re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:06pm

That money she presented was from auctioning off her PERSONAL items to FANS. I would say that's pretty giving of her.

It's a sad day when people in the spotlight can't donate without their motives being questioned. Bottom line is, that foundation now has $1,000+ more for their cause - isn't that really what matters most?

BSoBW2
#202re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:07pm

You have to see this from another side.

Now she's $1,000 poorer - and may stay on Broadway to make more money. Think of the chirrun!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#203re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:12pm

Popular, I think you should stop forcing your moral code onto other people. We have the right to view the world from our own moral stance, not yours. Time and time again, you freak out because people react to performers/situations differently than you. Get over it. And get off your high horse. You're a very nice person, and I'm sure your intentions are good, but stop trying to make people feel like crap because their morals aren't in check with yours.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#204re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:12pm

Didn't anyone teach you that it's better to be richer in character than in your bank account? Besides, this money was RAISED specifically for this cause.

This is like talking to a brick wall!

BSoBW2
#205re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:14pm

Um, no.

Screw character, I'd rather party in my beach house in Palm Springs.

Updated On: 1/8/06 at 03:14 PM

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#206re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:16pm

And it's amazing to me how you hate that we insult someone that we will never meet, and who probably stopped reading the message boards long ago, but you have no problem with personally insulting actual human beings on here.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#207re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:17pm

Pop - don't waste the bandwidth.

For what it is worth, I agree with you regarding the donation.

But, others will see it as an photo opportunity more than worth the cost for the publicity.

Me, I would rather the charity get the money.
Updated On: 1/8/06 at 03:17 PM

BSoBW2
#208re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:17pm

BobbyB, BobbyB, relax. I'm no human being. I'm robotic, like Mr. Roboto. Domo Arigato.

Kimmygonbefamous Profile Photo
Kimmygonbefamous
#209re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:26pm

:::sits silently and adores BSo:::

Back ON topic however...does anyone know if Her Beaniness is on?

"You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you." - Maya Angelou

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#210re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:31pm

Ok, you both have really good points and all that stuff, but for me and you can call me on this, but I do not see how it matter how or even why the money was raised, I am just gald that a reasonalble amount of money was donated to charity. Because isnt that what at the end of the day matters?

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#211re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:32pm

"And it's amazing to me how you hate that we insult someone that we will never meet, and who probably stopped reading the message boards long ago, but you have no problem with personally insulting actual human beings on here."

This is seriously the LAST thing I'll have to say about this because YWIW??? is right, it's not worth my time.

The world is small and life is short. You can't say for certain that you're NEVER going to meet someone or that they, or people close to them wont read what's on here. I'm sorry if my choosing to surround myself with more positive things while I'm still on earth offends you.

I DO have a problem with ANYONE being talked down to for no reason and I would hardly call my words "insulting", especially since they were mostly directed at BSoBW2 who has been playfully insulting himself in his past few posts. I am most definitely not trying to preach on this board as I am far from perfect myself, but if you feel like I'm pushing some sort of moral code on you then that is your issue, not mine.

Lorna Profile Photo
Lorna
#212re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:34pm

"Back ON topic however...does anyone know if Her Beaniness is on?"

I have heard yes.

BSoBW2
#213re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:34pm

Don't bring me into your circle of morality.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#214re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:35pm

Those of you who I have interacted with know that I am not in any way a fan of Shoshana Bean's performance, voice, look etc.

However, even if she did raise the money for charity 100% for the publicity (which frankly none of us will never know if it's the case or not) I agree that the important factor is that the charity got the money.

As YWIW??? said earlier, Shoshana Bean has her fans and for those people I hope she gives a great performance today and makes all of them happy and goes out on a good note.

I tend to agree with both Popular and BobbyBubby here. I see both sides of it. On one hand I personally don't see the need to question the intent of the charity. On the other hand, I support BobbyBubby's right to be as frank as he chooses to be regardless if I agree with it. It's only a problem if it impacts other user of this forum's enjoyment in a negative way and I don't feel that it has. This has evolved into a general thread about Shoshana Bean and every opinion, negative or positive, should be allowed to be discussed as frankly as wanted. My only disagreement is that when it becomes about specific posters as it did that it shouldn't be aired on the main forum. I'd take it to PMs.

Of course, Popular and BobbyBubby are two of my favorite posters on this forum and two that I chat with more often off of it, so I am torn. :)

How is that for being the personification of Switzerland?

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#215re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:36pm

Your last post proved my point Popular. You act like "you're above it all" but I've seen posts where you insult people on this board. How are performers and posters any different? If your theory is true, then shouldn't we not insult anyone at all? Insulting those who insult is the same damn thing.
Updated On: 1/8/06 at 03:36 PM

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#216re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:36pm

If "stars" or the people close to them read these boards, it's their choice. No one in the public eye can expect that everything said about them all the time is going to be positive.

Should critics only say positive things in reviews because the actors/directors/designers and their friends and family read them?

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Updated On: 1/8/06 at 03:36 PM

BSoBW2
#217re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:39pm

First off, Patty - Your resemblance to Switzerland is uncanny. I wish I could be there, in St. Gallen, to see DRACULA.

Second, I think it is great she is helping charities. I was joking. I'm not THAT stone cold.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#218re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:39pm

Do we know if she went on this afternoon? It should be intermission about now.

Elphabuff2 Profile Photo
Elphabuff2
#219re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:41pm

Popular, your responses are just further proof that you are indeed Stephanie J. Block. (that was supposed to be a compliment)

Lorna Profile Photo
Lorna
#220re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:41pm

I've heard she did go on and the show starts at 3 on a sunday right? so it's only 40 minutes into the show.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#221re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:43pm

Good point Rath. When you enter the public eye, you need to get thicker skin. Believe me, the stuff we say on these boards will be nothing compared to other message boards and critics that will soon be discussing Shoshana Bean as a pop star.

I think the only exception is physical appearance. Insulting someone for the way they look is just a low blow. But if they put their "talent" and personality in the public eye, then they should be prepared for every opinion in the book.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#222re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:44pm

Elphabuff2 - No, I'm most definitely not. But thanks, I do take that as a compliment.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#223re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:48pm

Somewhere in the heart of LA, Rodney King has a smile on his face.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#224re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act
Posted: 1/8/06 at 3:51pm

This is a picture of my backyard:
re: Shoshana leaves half way through 1st act

Videos