ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2276Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/28/21 at 1:47pm

Templeton33 said: "https://www.instagram.com/p/CYCCKoarj7E/

Is Amra back??
"

Again?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#2277Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/28/21 at 2:24pm

ACL, do you have any idea who's coming up as the next Roxie?  So, if Amra is back as Velma, does that mean that Bianca Marroquin is not well at the moment?

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 12/28/21 at 02:24 PM

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#2278Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/28/21 at 2:51pm

Emma Pittman?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2279Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/28/21 at 3:28pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "Emma Pittman?"

She's supposed to play Roxie.

Amra came in when Bianca was out with COVID last month. So it's odd for her to be back again unless Bianca is on vacation this week.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2280Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/28/21 at 7:56pm

Rachel Chase is on as Roxie Hart tonight (per her IG).

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2281Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/28/21 at 10:39pm

So apparently COVID has hit Chicago again, hence why Amra is probably back. Ryan Lowe(Mary Sunshine) has been mostly out since late November. Joseph London left the show (planned) on December 12. Chris Caballero replaced J. London and has been going on since he left. The show has brought in newbie Jayke Workman as an additional Mary Sunshine cover. Pilar Millhollen & Eddie Bennett have both be back with the show since mid-December.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2282Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/30/21 at 7:58am

https://youtu.be/e7hqqFt3ZpA  From 2013, this is Jennifer Fouche (current Matron Mama Morton in "Chicago"Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread singing "When You're Good To Mama".

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2283Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 12/30/21 at 8:08am

On this date, December 30, 1926, "Chicago" opened for the first time.  https://www.playbill.com/production/chicago-music-box-theatre-vault-0000002694

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2284Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/1/22 at 1:32pm

For tonight, J  London is on as Amos Hart.  He's back!

Updated On: 1/2/22 at 01:32 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2285Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/1/22 at 2:42pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "For tonight, Jason London is on as Amos Hart. He's back!"

*Joseph London

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#2286Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/1/22 at 7:31pm

He’s back? 
a Mary sunshine or Amos gets a back? 

forfivemoreminutes
#2287Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/1/22 at 9:39pm

Has Amra replaced Bianca now? My friend was at the show tonight and instead of an understudy slip it said “we welcome to the company Amra-Faye Wright, Joseph London, [and two others].”

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2288Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/1/22 at 9:59pm

Oooops. If J. London is back, does that mean that Christophe Caballero is no longer with the cast?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2289Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/1/22 at 10:51pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Oooops. If J. London is back, does that mean that Christophe Caballero is no longer with the cast?"

Not sure, but Caballero played Mary Sunshine on Thursday. R. Lowe still appears to be out. They should keep him as a swing/Mary Sunshine standby for a while.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2290Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/1/22 at 11:31pm

Christophe Caballero is still listed as a "standby" in the official Chicago site.  I'm still curious as to who might replace Ana Villafane.  While there haven't been any whispers about Emma Pittman, the upcoming Roxie could be Dylis Croman or Charlotte D'Amboise. Either Dylis or Charlotte would be a wonderful mentor to Emma Pittman prior to a potential Pittman run.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2291Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/2/22 at 2:19pm

Joseph London is on as "Amos Hart" today at the 2:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. shows.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2292Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/2/22 at 3:23pm

Cast lists get updated on Monday typically on Playbill. Curious to see if they keep Caballero.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2293Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/2/22 at 11:58pm

I saw Christophe Caballero once as Mary  Sunshine (Fort Worth 2018).  In that character, he bears a strong resemblance to Molly Ringwald.  

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2294Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/3/22 at 1:16pm

Chicago Cellblock Tour veteran Matthew Winnege is making his Broadway debut (in place of Michael Scirrotto) in the role of "The Jury".  I've seen Matthew play this role on tour.  Audiences will be in for a treat!

Updated On: 1/3/22 at 01:16 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2295Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/3/22 at 1:44pm

The editing feature is not working properly.  Matthew Winnege is filling in temporarily for Michael Scirrotto.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#2296Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/3/22 at 2:23pm

Looks like Colt Adam Weiss is also back for a bit, not sure how long.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

everythingtaboo
#2297Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/4/22 at 9:51am

James Monroe Iglehart will join the Broadway company of “Chicago” as Billy Flynn, starting January 17th!

BroadwayNews.com

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#2298Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/4/22 at 11:51am

Seems like he'd be a better fit for Amos.

everythingtaboo
#2299Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/4/22 at 12:03pm

Tag said: "Seems like he'd be a better fit for Amos."

Really? With his stature and personality, I easily see him as a Billy Flynn.

Videos