pixeltracker

Broadway in Bryant Park question

Broadway in Bryant Park question

brochatkid
#1Broadway in Bryant Park question
Posted: 7/17/09 at 9:24pm

I am considering going to Bryant Park this Thursday. If I want to have a decent seat, how early should I arrive? Also, do they still have the concert if it rains? (Haven't checked the weather yet.) I'm looking forward to my first time there.

Thanks so much for the help.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2re: Broadway in Bryant Park question
Posted: 7/17/09 at 9:35pm

9-ish should be fine, but I haven't been this year.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

jo
#2re: Broadway in Bryant Park question
Posted: 7/17/09 at 9:48pm

Many years back, I went to one of the concerts and it was so cold we were all bundled up ( I was, anyway re: Broadway in Bryant Park question).

But it was an enjoyable evening!

HBBrock
#3re: Broadway in Bryant Park question
Posted: 7/17/09 at 10:03pm

I've been getting there at 11:45am and have gotten a MORE than decent seat. 9am is ridiculous.

ArtMan
#4re: Broadway in Bryant Park question
Posted: 7/18/09 at 6:26pm

Went on Thurday, July 16. We got there also around 11:45 and just grabbed two empty seats from the non-lawn areas and placed them where there was an empty spot. Ended up on second row. If you go earlier though, you will be there for the sound checks and have interaction with the performers afterwards. By the time we got there, 9 to 5 was doing their sound checks (the others had already completed) and when they were finished got to chat to Allison, Stephanie and Meagan.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5re: Broadway in Bryant Park question
Posted: 7/18/09 at 7:11pm

Jo....the performances were in the evening? Cuz now they are at Noon.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

DaNciNgFairy291
#6re: Broadway in Bryant Park question
Posted: 7/21/09 at 12:51pm

I've gone for the past three years and I usually get there around 11 - 11:30. I get a good seat and get to meet some of the actors before it starts. Good times!

2009 SHOWS: Spring Awakening - 1/2 Hairspray - 1/2 Mary Poppins - 1/11 Deer Park High School's The Diary of Anne Frank - 1/17 BayWay's The Wedding Singer - 2/7 Pal Joey - 2/11 Deer Park High School's High School Musical (Cathy) - 3/12 - 3/14 Lauren Pritchard and Duncan Sheik Concert - 3/15 Bryce Larsen and Idina Menzel Concert - 3/28 New York City Student Shakespeare Festival (Witch - Macbeth) - 5/1 Shrek - 5/6 Next to Normal - 6/20 Gateway Playhouse's Miss Saigon - 7/19

Soliantu Profile Photo
Soliantu
#7re: Broadway in Bryant Park question
Posted: 7/21/09 at 1:52pm

meh, 11?

Videos