Happy Sixth Birthday, AVENUE Q!

CyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
#1Happy Sixth Birthday, AVENUE Q!
Posted: 7/31/09 at 3:33pm

Avenue Q opened on July 31, 2003!

Happy Birthday to what remains my favorite musical after all these years!

Leia947
#2re: Happy Sixth Birthday, AVENUE Q!
Posted: 7/31/09 at 3:39pm

I'm going to see it for the second time on Sunday! Didn't think I would get to before it closed, but one of my co-workers is also a theater geek, and she wanted to see it. So yay! re: Happy Sixth Birthday, AVENUE Q! Happy B-day Avenue Q!

"And I'm a grown up....I don't go on vacations....I go to Broadway." - dramamama611

"Even I think that's hot, and I'm a straight guy. If I ever become gay he is the reason." - Drunk Chita Rivera on Gavin Creel

"Leia947 is my theatre mamma, and I love her for it." - AndAllThatJazz22

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#2re: Happy Sixth Birthday, AVENUE Q!
Posted: 7/31/09 at 4:01pm

It's had a good run, glad I get to see it again before it goes.

(EDIT) forgot a word.

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!
Updated On: 7/31/09 at 04:01 PM

zamedy
#3re: Happy Sixth Birthday, AVENUE Q!
Posted: 7/31/09 at 4:04pm

Saw it two weeks ago and it was great! It was kinda sad to see so many empty seats, however, on a Saturday night.

Happy Birthday and Congrats on an incredible run!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4re: Happy Sixth Birthday, AVENUE Q!
Posted: 7/31/09 at 4:47pm

Saying goodbye to it on Sunday night. Only got the tix a week ago and am in the front row mezz. Sad.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

DaNciNgFairy291
#5re: Happy Sixth Birthday, AVENUE Q!
Posted: 7/31/09 at 4:47pm

Happy Birthday, Avenue Q!!!

I'll be seeing you during Welcome Week at college.

2009 SHOWS: Spring Awakening - 1/2 Hairspray - 1/2 Mary Poppins - 1/11 Deer Park High School's The Diary of Anne Frank - 1/17 BayWay's The Wedding Singer - 2/7 Pal Joey - 2/11 Deer Park High School's High School Musical (Cathy) - 3/12 - 3/14 Lauren Pritchard and Duncan Sheik Concert - 3/15 Bryce Larsen and Idina Menzel Concert - 3/28 New York City Student Shakespeare Festival (Witch - Macbeth) - 5/1 Shrek - 5/6 Next to Normal - 6/20 Gateway Playhouse's Miss Saigon - 7/19

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#6re: Happy Sixth Birthday, AVENUE Q!
Posted: 7/31/09 at 4:49pm

Aw yay! Good for them!!!

Leia947
#7re: Happy Sixth Birthday, AVENUE Q!
Posted: 7/31/09 at 5:00pm

Awww dramamama, we're just gonna miss each other! re: Happy Sixth Birthday, AVENUE Q! I'm going to the 2pm show.

"And I'm a grown up....I don't go on vacations....I go to Broadway." - dramamama611

"Even I think that's hot, and I'm a straight guy. If I ever become gay he is the reason." - Drunk Chita Rivera on Gavin Creel

"Leia947 is my theatre mamma, and I love her for it." - AndAllThatJazz22

kchenofan Profile Photo
kchenofan
#8re: Happy Sixth Birthday, AVENUE Q!
Posted: 7/31/09 at 6:46pm

Happy Birthday, Q, and congrats on a healthy run!

kchenofan's computer is broken right now. This is her fridge. Now, you can leave a message, but say it slowly, so I can write it on a post-it note and stick it to myself.

Videos