Love Loss Stage Door

joleslie
#1Love Loss Stage Door
Posted: 10/25/09 at 1:43pm

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't see anything on the search.

Does anyone know what the cast of Love Loss And What I Wore are like at the Stage Door? If they sign and/or pose for photos?

Thanks!

Jo

FeelingElectric
#2re: Love Loss Stage Door
Posted: 10/25/09 at 9:39pm

I saw the show with the first cast, and everybody signed and posed. Tyne Daly was in that cast, so things probably haven't changed with her.

I met Mary Birdsong when she was in Martin Short: Fame Becomes Me, and after a reading at NYMF earlier this month. She was a sweetheart both times.

I don't know about the other three in the cast.

I'm only hoping the third cast (which I will be seeing in November) will be as nice.

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#2re: Love Loss Stage Door
Posted: 10/25/09 at 10:12pm

I'm glad to hear that everyone was so nice. Where is the actual stage door? Is it obvious where it is?

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

WishingOnlyWounds2
#3re: Love Loss Stage Door
Posted: 10/25/09 at 10:14pm

When I saw "The Marvelous Wonderettes" on Friday which is in the same building and "Love Loss and What I Wore," Tyne Daly walked out through the lobby.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

FeelingElectric
#4re: Love Loss Stage Door
Posted: 10/25/09 at 10:26pm

There are three doors that the cast can leave by, though I've only seen the Love, Loss cast use two of them. You'll want to watch the lobby door, and the one to to the left of it.

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#5re: Love Loss Stage Door
Posted: 10/26/09 at 9:55pm

When I saw the show, the entire cast came out the front door. Tyne Daily pracically ran so no one would stop her. Rosie, was wonderful and signed for all. The other women were great also!

joleslie
#6re: Love Loss Stage Door
Posted: 10/29/09 at 6:31am

Thanks for the replies. Really hope the current cast come out and sign!

April Saul
#7re: Love Loss Stage Door
Posted: 10/29/09 at 6:29pm

The day I went (original cast), everyone was friendly. Tyne Daly did seem to be rushing off, but when I stopped her and asked her to sign the program, she was sweet as well.

SCBWannabe Profile Photo
SCBWannabe
#8re: Love Loss Stage Door
Posted: 11/2/09 at 7:38pm

Heading there Friday! I had no idea Jane Lynch was in this. She is AMAZING! Hoping to meet her afterwards.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#9re: Love Loss Stage Door
Posted: 11/2/09 at 7:47pm

Jane is so sweet, and she does come out afterwards. Have a great time!

joleslie
#10re: Love Loss Stage Door
Posted: 11/4/09 at 3:26am

Glad to hear it. Jane Lynch is awesome! Really hope I can get a photo with her.

cactusb
#11re: Love Loss Stage Door
Posted: 11/4/09 at 3:42pm

I was able to meet, and get a photo with, Jane after the matinee on Saturday. She was great!!

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#12re: Love Loss Stage Door
Posted: 11/5/09 at 6:27pm

Does anyone know if Mary Louise Wilson is coming out through the lobby and signing after the show? I had wanted to meet her after Grey Gardens but did not have the chance, and I was wondering if I might have better luck with Love Loss. Thanks!

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#13re: Love Loss Stage Door
Posted: 11/12/09 at 10:40pm

Saw the show for my second time this evening and I must say that the second cast was just as good as the first.

Mary Louise Wilson played the role of the narrator (that Tyne Daly played as part of the first cast) and she was excellent. I think MLW is such a fantastic actress and it was thrilling to see her back on stage again. She was the reason why I felt like I had to see this second cast.

Tyne Daly played the part that Rosie O'Donnell had played in the first cast and she was just as good. Tyne definitely had a different spin on that role (since Rosie, as much as I love her, only knows how to play one character role) and I really enjoyed her take.

Jane Lynch was also great in her role(s) and Matt Morrison was in the audience to support his "Glee" castmate.

I have to mention Mary Birdsong, who was hilarious...was an excellent comedic actress!

I did get to meet Mary Louise Wilson after the show, and she could not have been nicer. I told her how much I loved GREY GARDENS and that she absolutely deserved that Tony Award. She personalized my playbill for me, and also signed my CD covers of FLORA and CABARET, as well as my playbill of HOT SPOT (her Broadway debut). I love this woman so much and look forward to her return to Broadway.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#14re: Love Loss Stage Door
Posted: 11/13/09 at 1:48pm

I saw the show last weekend and wanted to echo that Mary Louise Wilson was incredibly nice and gracious, as was the rest of the cast. It was a little tricky to try to catch everyone (I missed Lisa Joyce), because the 3 potential doors are all close to each other but a little difficult to capture in the same field of vision. But the cast gave wonderful performances and were also very nice to the fans.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#15re: Love Loss Stage Door
Posted: 11/15/09 at 12:04pm

I'm seeing the matinee today and was wondering if the cast, especially Jane Lynch come out to sign after matinees? Also, if anyone can explain where the doors are and which one Jane Lynch usually comes out I'd appreciate it.

Videos