Toxic Avenger Toronto Video

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#1Toxic Avenger Toronto Video
Posted: 11/7/09 at 12:12pm

Even though it is Toronto related, I thought some of you might be interested in seeing Louise Pitre's (and the rest of the cast) take on the role. There are five videos.

The Toxic Avenger Toronto Updated On: 11/7/09 at 12:12 PM

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#2re: Toxic Avenger Toronto Video
Posted: 11/7/09 at 1:00pm

I like her but prefer Nancy Opel.

Pianist3912
#2re: Toxic Avenger Toronto Video
Posted: 11/7/09 at 1:24pm

Sorry, I didn't really like that cast at all!

RentBoy86
#3re: Toxic Avenger Toronto Video
Posted: 11/8/09 at 1:29am

Can't beat Nancy Opel.

tourboi
#4re: Toxic Avenger Toronto Video
Posted: 11/9/09 at 9:28pm

Louise looks fine, but I'd love to see her "Evil is Hot" before I compare to Opel (who is genius in the show).

The rest seem adequate, but there's nothing remarkable about them. The two ensemble guys in NY are just on fire the whole time.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#5re: Toxic Avenger Toronto Video
Posted: 11/10/09 at 12:24am

I loved the New York cast. It would take a lot for the Toronto cast to impress me!

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Platypus
#6re: Toxic Avenger Toronto Video
Posted: 11/10/09 at 12:31am

I saw the Toronto cast during previews and thought that they were pretty phenomenal. After seeing them, the cast recording really didn't impress me at all. Maybe these videos just didn't capture that well. I guess only someone who has seen both casts live can really judge...

gypsymal56 Profile Photo
gypsymal56
#7re: Toxic Avenger Toronto Video
Posted: 11/10/09 at 11:29am

Never having seen the off broadway cast, so I have nothing to compare it to, but i absolutely loved the Toronto cast. I saw it the first night of previews and the two ensemble characters were definitely the high point. They had the theatre roaring with laughter. Looking back, it's weird to think it was only the first night of previews because the two seemed so comfortable on stage.

The only problem (if you can even call it that) I had with the production was during one of the final scenes, where all the characters are chasing/looking for Toxie. You could tell there were some quick change problems, but I'm sure this was further polished.

Videos