God of Carnage Opinions

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#1God of Carnage Opinions
Posted: 1/17/10 at 4:39pm

Hola people,

I am back to once again seek out the opinions of people who have seen a particular show that I am going to see in the near future...

I got front row (I'm talking Center Orch. AA 101-102) for "God of Carnage" (and its the first non-musical show I will ever see). I am curious to know what you, the people, think of this play...

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#2God of Carnage Opinions
Posted: 1/17/10 at 4:45pm

I thought it was absolutely hilarious.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2God of Carnage Opinions
Posted: 1/17/10 at 5:46pm

I really liked it, but didn't think it was as great as most other folks did. (I saw the original cast, and I've heard many folks say that the current cast isn't as good....but they should be pretty darn strong.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#3God of Carnage Opinions
Posted: 1/17/10 at 6:17pm

I thought it wasn't worth all the hype and standing in line for two hours to get SRO. I did like the cast (I saw the original) and the direction. The play itself has issues.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

quizking101
#4God of Carnage Opinions
Posted: 1/17/10 at 11:07pm

*bump*

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

quizking101
#5God of Carnage Opinions
Posted: 1/17/10 at 11:07pm

*bump*

Dagobert Profile Photo
Dagobert
#6God of Carnage Opinions
Posted: 1/18/10 at 3:10pm

I saw the penultimate performance by the original cast and found the play not up to the performances. All of the actors did the best with what they were given by the author. What they were given was not in my opinion terribly thought provoking, original, interesting or unsettling. In a word-
Meh.

Videos