Posted: 2/10/10 at 10:56am

Time Stands Still matinee

Show at Joe's Pub tonight.

...lovin' me this snow day!!!

gcontini2 Profile Photo
gcontini2
#3Anyone going to a show today?
Posted: 2/10/10 at 11:07am

If you're not on TDF (I'm not), this is the absolute best time to get great seats to shows that are usually tough by standing near the theater entrance 45 minutes before curtain.

I got great center orch seats for Jersey Boys and Spamalot (when that was an impossible ticket) a few years back during snow storms... There are tons of people whose in-laws won't make it in from Long Island tonight... Since most folks don't know about past dating, they just bring the tix to the theater and try to re-sell (read: "practically give") them to someone look for a ticket there.

You can pretty much pick any show you want like this tonight.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#4Anyone going to a show today?
Posted: 2/10/10 at 6:14pm

I went to Wicked this afternoon and the theatre was almost totally empty. There were people scattered all over the place and the ushers let the move to the front section of the orchestra. And even still it looked and was very empty. As for the Mezz, there were about a dozen people tops up there scattered around. There were tons more empty seats then there were seats taken. I guess there were a lot of people who got tickets but ended up not going due to the snow.

There were a good few people at the lotto. I got called which was how I managed to see the show this afternoon. But, it was far from a situation where they had any left over. I wish I could give an estimate as to how many people were at the lottery, but I am not good at looking at crowds and figuring out how many people were there.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#5Anyone going to a show today?
Posted: 2/10/10 at 8:29pm

Play Esq., I also went to the matinee of Time Stands Still! I got a great seat through student rush and loved the play.

Videos