pixeltracker

Hair Cast Departure Show Reviews?

Hair Cast Departure Show Reviews?

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#1Hair Cast Departure Show Reviews?
Posted: 3/7/10 at 5:52pm

Was anyone there? How crazy was the audience and cast? Excited to find out how it was.

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#2Hair Cast Departure Show Reviews?
Posted: 3/7/10 at 7:25pm

I was there. It was crazy. There were standing ovations for more than half the songs. The applauding after Aquarius was about 5 minutes. It was a very emotional show. The cast was trying to make it through some of the songs.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#2Hair Cast Departure Show Reviews?
Posted: 3/7/10 at 9:12pm

Such an amazing performance today!! The cast was on fire...lots of laughs and tears...and so many great ad libs

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

singer73192 Profile Photo
singer73192
#3Hair Cast Departure Show Reviews?
Posted: 3/7/10 at 10:12pm

The show today was amazing! One of the most special experiences I've had in the theatre! Immediately before the lights even went out the band started to have a jam session of sorts behind the curtain. The crowd went crazy for what seemed to be every single person who walked on stage whether they had a main role or a tribe member. Standing O's (in the mezz, at least) for Aquarius, I Got Life, Hair, and White Boys. I do admit, after a while it got slightly annoying how the actors couldn't go on because of the crowd, but it got better throughout the show. (Especially when people were shouting for Sasha's riffs during Flesh Failures which I find to be one of the most serious parts of the show.) A lot of hilarious improv! When Margaret Meade came out and said "Excuse me, Can I Ask you a question?" Gavin shouted, "No" but went on with the scene anyway. Oskar Eustis, Galt McDermot, James Rado, Theo Stockman, and Diane Paulus were all in attendance. (sorry for spelling) Cast gave it there all! I was especially impressed by Sasha who pulled out all the stops and brought down the house in White Boys! They had to stop people from coming on stage! There were too many people and I didn't get on! Hair Cast Departure Show Reviews? First time I've seen this happen. Even opening night was mild compared to this. It was an amazing experience! While I'm sure the new cast will be great, there is just something really special about this original group of people that can't be replicated!

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#4Hair Cast Departure Show Reviews?
Posted: 3/7/10 at 10:30pm

I agree with everything you said singer. The applause did get annoying, especially in parts of the second act. I wish it was just silent at the end of Flesh Failures, that is by far my favorite part of the show and it was ruined. The stage door was insane, I had to leave to catch a bus at 6:30 and no one had come out when I left at 6:15.

Luv2goToShows
#5Hair Cast Departure Show Reviews?
Posted: 3/7/10 at 10:36pm

I agree Singer, it was amazing! Both the cast and the audience were electrified, on fire and filled with raw emotion! So many people tried to get on stage at the end they closed it off.

In addition to those mentioned, Allison Case was in attendance, she sat center Orch, maybe row R or S. Right behind Theo was Ryan W. and Tommar Wilson. Audra McDonald was on the far left with her posse of 3. Saw Matt DeAngelis and Jay at the end too, they may have been backstage.

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#6Hair Cast Departure Show Reviews?
Posted: 3/7/10 at 10:53pm

Yeah I forgot to mention that I was in the row behind Allison Case, so she was in R...what a sweetheart!

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

IfYouCan
#7Hair Cast Departure Show Reviews?
Posted: 3/7/10 at 11:17pm

Jay, Hannah, and Briana were up in the mezz.

I sat behind Jeannette and-I believe-Crystal Joy, they were starting a lot of the standing O's, and they were practicing a lot of the dances and such albeit on a much smaller scale during the show.

It was a remarkable performance, I don't believe I've ever heard a performer sound as perfect and on point as Gavin did today, he added a bunch of different riffs in his songs and he truly broke my heart when he started crying.

I held it together pretty well until Vanessa and Kacie started crying during their scene before "Frank Mills," and then I truly lost it when Gavin choked through "Tonight is the last night of the world. We stick together."

Also, just a random thing, I talked to Chasten at stagedoor and she said she's not going to London and she's not staying with the broadway company, she's simply leaving the show. Updated On: 3/7/10 at 11:17 PM

blueroses
#8Hair Cast Departure Show Reviews?
Posted: 3/7/10 at 11:33pm

I felt lucky to have been there today--it was wonderful!

What a cast. What a show.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#9Hair Cast Departure Show Reviews?
Posted: 3/7/10 at 11:36pm

I always feel bad for the audience members seeing the show for the first time with no idea why the tweens are flipping their ****.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#10Hair Cast Departure Show Reviews?
Posted: 3/7/10 at 11:42pm

I get that the audience wanted to be supportive and show their appreciation, but that just sounds like it was disruptive. I went to see them one last time on Friday night, and I'm glad I did so at a performance that was not today's. I am going to miss this cast tremendously, though. Seeing them perform has been really special.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#11Hair Cast Departure Show Reviews?
Posted: 3/7/10 at 11:53pm

It was disruptive and distracting. The swings sat in front of me and were screaming at EVERYTHING and being obnoxious.

FindingNamo
#12Hair Cast Departure Show Reviews?
Posted: 3/8/10 at 12:07am

Let's have a betting pool for which nimrod is going to post cliches later this week including but not limited to:

"The new cast made it their own!"

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Videos