pixeltracker

TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY

TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#1TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY
Posted: 4/5/10 at 11:42am

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/TITANIC_to_Return_to_NY_621_for_Benefit_Concert_Moran_to_Reprise_Role_20100405

Can we get a revival next, please?

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY
Posted: 4/5/10 at 11:48am

Please get Brian d'Arcy James to reprise his role, as well. I'd love to hear his and Martin Moran's duet live once again. Such a gorgeous number. I adore this show.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#2TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY
Posted: 4/5/10 at 11:49am

This is such WONDERFUL news. I love the music from Titanic and so thrilled for Martin's return. His voice breaks my heart! What an amazing event!!!!

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

ghostlight2
#3TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY
Posted: 4/5/10 at 11:51am

Thanks, Capn. I will definitely be there. Loved that show. Love Marty Moran. It will be interesting to see who else they come up with.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#4TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY
Posted: 4/5/10 at 12:57pm

Gorgeous score, wonderful book, great show. That said, a Broadway revival is highly unlikely - the original wasn't successful enough, the production is far too expensive, and who would want to see a scaled-down, Doyle-esque version of this grand panoply?

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#5TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY
Posted: 4/5/10 at 1:18pm

Please get Brian d'Arcy James to reprise his role, as well.

YES.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#6TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY
Posted: 4/5/10 at 1:29pm

Michael Cerveris and Victoria Clark too please!

I am going to plan my summer trip around this for sure. One of the best scores ever written.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

JailyardGuy Profile Photo
JailyardGuy
#7TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY
Posted: 4/5/10 at 1:35pm

So does this mean you're gonna come see it, WBAF? TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY

I'm playing this show, and I cannot WAIT. I really love this score, and am super excited to finally play it.

(Trivial tidbit: Titanic was the 3rd cast album I ever owned in my entire life)

Suzanne: I never use catalogs. I'd rather go in the store and see all the salespeople groveling and sucking up to you. Julia: Pardon me, I never knew they were so solicitous at the K-Mart.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#8TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY
Posted: 4/5/10 at 1:37pm

Easily the most boring Broadway musical I've ever seen, and that includes "Into the Light" and "Raggedy Ann."

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#9TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY
Posted: 4/5/10 at 1:46pm

I'd love to see a revival around the time of the 100th anniversary of the sinking (which would April 2012).

JailyardGuy Profile Photo
JailyardGuy
#10TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY
Posted: 4/8/10 at 10:39am

Hey kids! Just wanted to post a link to the ticketing site; we opened sales yesterday and we've already sold 10% of the house in the past 18 hours, so if you wanna come, get 'em now! TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY

Also, if you buy the VIP tickets, you totes get to come to the afterparty! (Which, among other exciting things, means you get to be drunk with ME! :-P)
Titanic Tix!!!

Suzanne: I never use catalogs. I'd rather go in the store and see all the salespeople groveling and sucking up to you. Julia: Pardon me, I never knew they were so solicitous at the K-Mart.

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#11TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY
Posted: 4/22/10 at 6:52pm

JUST BOUGHT MY TICKET!!!

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#12TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY
Posted: 4/22/10 at 7:10pm

I have mine as well...really looking forward to this.

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#13TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY
Posted: 4/22/10 at 11:38pm

@Tracey: AHA! Finally something we can agree on! (smirk)
Updated On: 4/22/10 at 11:38 PM

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#14TITANIC - THE MUSICAL to have one-night-only benefit concert in NY
Posted: 4/23/10 at 9:14am

Liz Larsen is set to play Vicki Clark's role in the concert.

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth

Videos