Musical Films in the 2000s

Boredathome
#1Musical Films in the 2000s
Posted: 5/29/10 at 4:09pm

here's another question floating around in my head between physical therapy appointments.

What are the upcoming musical films slated for the few years?

I decided to watch all the shows turned films made since 2000 and I realized that The Producers has not been released on Blu Ray. Does anyone know why?

Also, So far I've got the following musicals on Blu Ray Am I missing any and am I watching them in the correct order (order of release)
Chicago
Phantom
Rent
Dreamgirls
Hairspray
Sweeney Todd
Mamma Mia
Nine

Sorry if I'm boring you guys, I think those are in order as far as I can tell from Wikipedia, but I'm not sure if I'm missing any, and I just don't understand why The Producers isn't on Blu ray in the US, it's available in Japan after all.

Again, sorry if I'm bothering anyone, I'm just sooo bored in my apartment here recovering.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#2Musical Films in the 2000s
Posted: 5/29/10 at 4:17pm

Once (while not a musical in the usual sense; the music propelled the story)

Moulin Rouge

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

Boredathome
#2Musical Films in the 2000s
Posted: 5/29/10 at 4:22pm

Thanks so much!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#3Musical Films in the 2000s
Posted: 5/29/10 at 4:30pm

Here are all of the major musical releases of the 2000s. Note that these do not include indie titles, such as OPEN HOUSE and THE BIG GAY MUSICAL.

Original film musicals: MOULIN ROUGE, DE-LOVELY, ACROSS THE UNIVERSE, ROMANCE & CIGARETTES, ONCE, ENCHANTED, HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3, THE PRINCESS & THE FROG.

Stage-to-Movie Musical: CHICAGO, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, RENT, THE PRODUCERS, DREAMGIRLS, HAIRSPRAY, MAMMA MIA!, SWEENEY TODD, NINE.

Stage-to-TV Musical: SOUTH PACIFIC, THE MUSIC MAN, A CHRISTMAS CAROL, REEFER MADNESS, ONCE UPON A MATTRESS.

Original TV Musical: GEPETTO, HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL, HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Boredathome
#4Musical Films in the 2000s
Posted: 5/29/10 at 4:33pm

You are the best! Thank you!

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#5Musical Films in the 2000s
Posted: 5/29/10 at 4:50pm

Hedwig & The Angry Inch

Stage to indie film.

Jemstar862
#6Musical Films in the 2000s
Posted: 5/30/10 at 8:50am

You are also forgetting FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY. No musical collection would be complete without that. Musical Films in the 2000s

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#7Musical Films in the 2000s
Posted: 5/30/10 at 10:16am

Repo The Genetic Opera as well.

Videos