pixeltracker

RIALTO CHATTER: Brendan Fraser, Denis O'Hare & Jennifer Coolidge to Star in ELLING?

RIALTO CHATTER: Brendan Fraser, Denis O'Hare & Jennifer Coolidge to Star in ELLING?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#2RIALTO CHATTER: Brendan Fraser, Denis O'Hare & Jennifer Coolidge to Star in ELLING?
Posted: 8/11/10 at 10:06am

Fraser? Eh. But O'Hare and Coolidge? Yes please!

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

perfectliar
#2RIALTO CHATTER: Brendan Fraser, Denis O'Hare & Jennifer Coolidge to Star in ELLING?
Posted: 8/11/10 at 11:27am

Denis O'Hare is doing An Iliad in Princeton through November, so it would need to wait until the holidays to open if he's involved.

Brick
#3RIALTO CHATTER: Brendan Fraser, Denis O'Hare & Jennifer Coolidge to Star in ELLING?
Posted: 8/11/10 at 12:17pm

Does this seem like a tonal nightmare? Reidel calls it a "serious" play, but who takes Coolidge or Fraser seriously?

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#4RIALTO CHATTER: Brendan Fraser, Denis O'Hare & Jennifer Coolidge to Star in ELLING?
Posted: 8/11/10 at 12:18pm

Denis O'Hare is brilliant, Jennifer Coolidge is always hilarious...why did they have to go and ruin it by casting Fraser? I love all the digs Riedel takes at him in the column, he is just such a joke of an actor, I have absolutely no interest in seeing him doing stage.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#5RIALTO CHATTER: Brendan Fraser, Denis O'Hare & Jennifer Coolidge to Star in
Posted: 8/11/10 at 1:47pm

Fraser has done good work in serious films before, but lately he has definitely been a joke. Not to mention he's INSANE. Still, I'm willing to give him a shot. The play doesn't sound very promising though.

RWilliamsCenterStg Profile Photo
RWilliamsCenterStg
#6RIALTO CHATTER: Brendan Fraser, Denis O'Hare & Jennifer Coolidge to Star in
Posted: 8/11/10 at 3:06pm

Found this link on the London production.....I think this could be really fun....

ELLING - WEST END

mshetina Profile Photo
mshetina
#7RIALTO CHATTER: Brendan Fraser, Denis O'Hare & Jennifer Coolidge to Star in
Posted: 8/11/10 at 3:51pm

Jennifer Coolidge's performance in last year's Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans should pretty much put a rest to accusations that she can only play comedy. She's only in a few scenes and is rarely Herzog's main focus in any of them, but she knocks her role as a pitiful drunk right out of the park. It's the kind of performance that would have been a sure Oscar contender had the film received better distribution. The movie itself is an exercise in pretension.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#8RIALTO CHATTER: Brendan Fraser, Denis O'Hare & Jennifer Coolidge to Star in
Posted: 8/11/10 at 4:19pm

Brendan Fraser earned rave reviews for playing the decidedly unfunny Brick in London's CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF a decade ago. You'd be surprised by his range.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Videos