pixeltracker

Falco/Stiller to star in BLUE LEAVES revival

Falco/Stiller to star in BLUE LEAVES revival

Yankeefan007
#1Falco/Stiller to star in BLUE LEAVES revival
Posted: 9/29/10 at 7:41pm

Gossip from Deadline: Scott Rudin will produce a spring revival of John Guare's HOUSE OF BLUE LEAVES, to star Edie Falco (as Bananas) and Ben Stiller (as Artie).

I've heard rumblings that David Cromer will direct...

http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/ben-stiller-edie-falco-to-broadway-in-the-house-of-blue-leaves-revival/

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Falco/Stiller to star in BLUE LEAVES revival
Posted: 9/29/10 at 7:44pm

Amazing!

And Cromer is a busy man. He's also directing my nephews high school production of OKLAHOMA

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#2Falco/Stiller to star in BLUE LEAVES revival
Posted: 9/29/10 at 7:45pm

Hm, not one of my favorite plays, nor do I really think it needs a revival, but I'd see this cast for sure.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#3Falco/Stiller to star in BLUE LEAVES revival
Posted: 9/29/10 at 7:58pm

Great casting, if you ask me.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Jon
#4Falco/Stiller to star in BLUE LEAVES revival
Posted: 9/29/10 at 8:05pm

I can't believe that the release left out the fact that Stiller's mom was in the original production in 1971.

To really kmake it a family affair, maybe Christine Taylor could play Corinna Stroller.

gertiecummings Profile Photo
gertiecummings
#5Falco/Stiller to star in BLUE LEAVES revival
Posted: 9/29/10 at 8:25pm

Ben Stiller played Ronnie in the 1986 production. My drama teacher in high school showed us the film version of it and I've been in love with the play ever since.

Gothampc
#6Falco/Stiller to star in BLUE LEAVES revival
Posted: 9/29/10 at 9:59pm

Please God, no!!! Not Ben Stiller as Artie. He's completely wrong for the role and there are about 20 excellent men who could play the part perfectly. Please reconsider!!

Artie is a working class guy. He works in a zoo. He's the equivalent of Archie Bunker without the prejudice.

Stanely Tucci could do it. Philip Seymour Hoffman could do it. Brad Garrett could do it. Mike O'Malley could do it. John Goodman could do it.

Plus, the comedy is farce. With Stiller we'll get Zoolander.

This is one of those shows that is fighting the memory of an excellent production. The 1986 production was almost perfect.

John Mahoney as Artie
Swoosie Kurtz as Bananas
Stockard Channing as Bunny (later Christine Baranski who imo, was better than Channing)

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#7Falco/Stiller to star in BLUE LEAVES revival
Posted: 9/29/10 at 10:10pm

I'd almost rather see Falco as Bunny opposite someone like Jessica Hecht as Bananas, but she'll be dynamite no matter which role she plays.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 9/29/10 at 10:10 PM

Gothampc
#8Falco/Stiller to star in BLUE LEAVES revival
Posted: 9/29/10 at 10:19pm

I'd rather see Falco as Bunny too. Give Bananas to Martha Plimpton.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Gothampc
#9Falco/Stiller to star in BLUE LEAVES revival
Posted: 9/29/10 at 11:11pm

Here's my cast:

Artie - Hugh Laurie
Bananas - Martha Plimpton
Bunny - Edie Falco
Billy Einhorn - John Dossett
Corinna Stroller - Jayma Mays
Head Nun - Harriet Harris

willep
#10Falco/Stiller to star in BLUE LEAVES revival
Posted: 9/29/10 at 11:15pm

Man, I wish I was around in '86 to have seen that cast. I would see it with this cast though.

Gothampc
#11Falco/Stiller to star in BLUE LEAVES revival
Posted: 9/30/10 at 12:48am

"Man, I wish I was around in '86 to have seen that cast."

It was broadcast on PBS. Ask around, lots of people videotaped it.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#12Falco/Stiller to star in BLUE LEAVES revival
Posted: 9/30/10 at 1:38am

Ben Stiller has more depth than he utilizes. He was great in Greenberg, even if the character was terribly unlikable.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#13Falco/Stiller to star in BLUE LEAVES revival
Posted: 9/30/10 at 9:25am

Aw, I liked Greenberg (the character). I think it's cause I kind of am Greenberg.

I know that Falco and Stiller are roughly the same age, but they just feel like they are from different generations to me. She seems a lot older than him.