Adam Kantor as Henry tonight

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/16/10 at 7:24pm

Apparently Brian Crum was supposed to go on for Henry the entire weekend but Kyle Dean Massey called out so Brian Crum is on for Gabe tonight and Adam Kantor is going on for Henry for the first time. I can't go, but if anyones goes, please let us all know how he did! Thanks!

Dollypop
#2Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/16/10 at 7:33pm

I live for run-on sentences!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

chellie
#2Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/16/10 at 7:40pm

I know what show you're talking about, and I'm sure a lot of people do...but generally when people are talking about a show, they don't just list characters.

madlibrarian
#3Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/16/10 at 7:43pm

Uhhh, in West Side Story, right?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#4Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/16/10 at 7:45pm

No, Urinetown.

That's still playing, right?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#5Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/16/10 at 7:50pm

Sorry, but he's gone on as Henry before. I saw him about two months ago in the role and thought he was fantastic.

helloworld2 Profile Photo
helloworld2
#6Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/16/10 at 10:27pm

^ Well, that's interesting, because he seems to have no recollection of ever doing the role before tonight:
http://twitter.com/AdamJKantor/status/27584411786

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#7Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/16/10 at 10:29pm

Then who the hell did I see when I saw the show last?

helloworld2 Profile Photo
helloworld2
#8Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/16/10 at 10:31pm

Either Adam Chanler-Berat or Brian Crum, I'd guess. If you saw an understudy, you saw Brian Crum.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#9Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/16/10 at 10:31pm

Adam Chanler Berat?
Brian Crum?

FYI...Kantor also went on for Henry (with Crum as Gabe) at the matinee today.

madlibrarian
#10Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/16/10 at 10:32pm

Henry is Elphaba's friend?

wishiwerehere2
#11Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/16/10 at 11:08pm

Just home from tonight's show. Adam was fantastic! Clearly had a lot of support in the audience. Whole cast was on fire, with Brian and Meghann standing out for me. Full review up tomorrow hopefully.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#12Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/16/10 at 11:11pm

You saw Brian Crum.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Harpz2006
#13Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/16/10 at 11:59pm

Was this a last-minute thing? Is Kyle sick?

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#14Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/17/10 at 12:26am

wishiwerehere2,

I saw Brian's Gabe at the end of August...He is phenomenal as Gabe...amazing...he's also great as Henry.

madlibrarian
#15Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/17/10 at 3:01pm

Memphis? Pitmen Painters? Merchant of Venice?

Yankeefan007
#16Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/17/10 at 4:59pm

Lombardi.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#17Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/17/10 at 6:39pm

I was there. I did NOT care for Crum all that much. (except for a few moments, I felt he was "just there. Either he was singing very softly or there was a problem with his mic. I found very often I could barely hear him, and if singing against others, he was totally drowned out.)

I thought Adam was VERY good in the role. He stood out to me as well. A few timing misteps when singing with Dan...but nothing major that won't fall into place with a little more time.

Meghann was good...although a bit off vocally, in the same places I thought she was off when I saw her during the late summer.

I enjoyed both Marin and Jason more than I had previously -- particularly Jason. I found his facial distortions to be far less and his Dan seemed much more grounded.

My 13 year old daugther was very strongly affected by the last scene (when Dan and Gabe interact). The more she thinks about it, the more she likes it. My 10 year old, liked it...but agreed he isn't really ready for "stuff THAT serious'....for now.

My dd wanted to stage door (oy) and Jason and Marin were pretty impressed impressed with their age. She stayed for the bitter end since Adam was (understandably) also dealing with friends/family outside, so it took him quite some for him to get to those audience members waiting. She thought it was worth it.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#18Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/17/10 at 6:51pm

dramamama611,

I saw Crum as Gabe at the end of August and thought he was fantastic.

TJ2
#19Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/17/10 at 7:03pm

Tonight, Brian Crum is Gabe, Adam Kantor is Henry and Mackenzie Mauzy is Natalie.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#20Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/17/10 at 7:06pm

I'd heard really good things about him from a number of people. When I saw he was on, I was excited to see him -- he just didn't "do" much for me in the role.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

broadwayboy101
#21Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/17/10 at 7:50pm

I saw Crum as Henry on Friday night and thought he was fantastic.

IfYouCan
#22Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/17/10 at 10:26pm

I was at the show last night and was thoroughly impressed by Adam and Brian. Brian was vocally superior to Kyle in every single respect. It WAS rather hard to hear him during group songs, his mic just seemed to be turned down much lower than everyone else's. Adam was phenomenal. A wonderful performance.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#23Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/17/10 at 10:29pm

I'm very jealous of that you guys got to see Adam and Brian on in n2n in one night!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#24Adam Kantor as Henry tonight
Posted: 10/17/10 at 10:29pm

I'm very jealous of that you guys got to see Adam and Brian on in n2n in one night!

Videos