pixeltracker

NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16- Page 3

NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16

MissAnneThrop Profile Photo
MissAnneThrop
#50NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/11/10 at 7:55am

@dramamama611

agree 100%. let's add "will it move off-broadway" to that list.

And I Am Always So Vitriolic

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#51NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/11/10 at 8:03am

Nearly every show IS filmed for the Lincoln Center Archives...they just aren't readily available to everyone.

There are revivals and local productions for "future generations.

YES...the off b'way move is also annoying.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#52NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/11/10 at 8:07am

Well I'm not complaining about being able to see PASSION, SUNDAY, INTO THE WOODS etc.. with the (mostly) original casts in the original production whenever I want to.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#53NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/11/10 at 11:23am

Well, that sucks. Oh, well. American Idiot better watch its back.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
#54NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 12:41am

Just got a wonderful seat for closing!

bwayfan7000
#55NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 12:45am

The discounts only go until January 2nd right now. Any chance they'll extend?
How much did you pay for your ticket, CockeyedOptimist?

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

CockeyedOptimist2
#56NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 12:56am

I doubt they'll extend the discount, thought I wish they had. My ticket was $111.50 or something like that. A full price orchestra ticket. I only pay full price for special things like this. Last time I did was South Pacific closing.

bwayfan7000
#57NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 1:01am

The last time I saw this show was the week after the Tonys. When I bought the tickets, it was before the word of mouth really started spreading, and I only bought the ticket because of the great response on here. I got it for very cheap and actually got an email personally thanking me for supporting the show by purchasing a ticket. I felt very lucky to have scored such a great seat for so cheap and then had such a wonderful experience. I rarely pay that much for tickets, but for a show I love as much as next to normal, I might just splurge.

CockeyedOptimist2
#58NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 1:04am

You ought to! I think Row H of the Mezz is gone for closing, but when I was at the box office this afternoon, there were still some Row F and G mezz tickets. Those should be $60ish, if that is more doable. And they're great seats!

bwayfan7000
#59NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 1:08am

I just checked on Telecharge, and those F and G seats seem to be gone. I also have to wait to bit to get tickets, so maybe a discount will pop up. I really don't care where I sit since I've already seen the show from the first row mezz on the aisle (which is my ideal seat in any theatre). Just to be there will be what I look forward to. And seeing Mazzie as Diana.

CockeyedOptimist2
#60NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 1:10am

I really wouldn't expect any more discounts to go up for the final two weeks, but I don't know my way around the discount worlds as well as some do. If it sells out before you can get tickets, there's always a shot at the lottery.

bwayfan7000
#61NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 1:12am

Or maybe if I get desperate enough, house seats. I have a sort of distant connection to someone who might be able to help me out. But only if I get desperate.

CockeyedOptimist2
#62NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 1:16am

Not to be a Debby Downer, but I would bet that of any performance where the house seats will be taken, it'll be this one. I'm sure the actors will want their families/friends to be there, plus producers, creative staff, etc. Forgive me, suddenly I sound like a box office employee pressuring you to get tickets. Hope you get tickets however you do so!

bwayfan7000
#63NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 1:18am

I'll probably just end up buying them in a week or two. I also may try to do the back orchestra "partial view" since I won't care about missing Gabe's brief appearances on the third level for that great price.

CockeyedOptimist2
#64NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 1:20am

I didn't realize partial view orchestra was less expensive. Sounds like a great deal to miss not very much at all!

bwayfan7000
#65NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 1:22am

It's in the $60 range for like the last three rows of the orchestra, which is still a fairly small orchestra. I just hope it wouldn't feel too removed from back there.

CockeyedOptimist2
#66NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 1:23am

I've sat in Row M or N before and it wasn't too far back at all. It's hard to feel far removed from the show in that theater, which is a wonderful thing.

bwayfan7000
#67NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 1:26am

Maybe I'll just go for that then. I think the lower priced seats are in rows O-Q.

dragonlp86 Profile Photo
dragonlp86
#68NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 1:29am

I've got tickets for the last row of the mezz. Actually bought them some time ago when the closing was just a rumour. Depending on whether or not my friend can make it that night, I MIGHT have an extra ticket?

bwayfan7000
#69NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 1:34am

Well, potentially let me know if you'll have a ticket or tickets for sale. I wanted those seats, but they were gone before I could even think about going.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#70NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 8:31am

I guess Kathy will never get the chance to go for Diana...!

MeggilyWeggily08 Profile Photo
MeggilyWeggily08
#71NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 3:21pm

bwayfan700 - I will know tomorrow if I will have an extra ticket. It was $111.50, row K I believe in the orchestra. I'd be willing to sell it for a smaller price though, I'll let you know tomorrow.

Updated On: 11/9/11 at 03:21 PM

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#72NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 3:44pm

I have orchestra tickets for Jan 2nd for sale if anyone is interested PM me!

SingingChef Profile Photo
SingingChef
#73NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/12/10 at 4:22pm

Easily one of the best shows on Broadway. Sad to see it close.
No one in the current cast will have trouble finding a new project. So talented.

musical_ash_09 Profile Photo
musical_ash_09
#74NEXT TO NORMAL to Close on Broadway January 16
Posted: 11/19/10 at 10:28pm

NOOO!!! I wanted to see this so badly! I won't be in NYC until May or June! Not fair! Dang it!!! Sometimes living in Kentucky is just depressing.

If I didn't believe in you We'd never have gotten this far If I didn't believe in you And all of the ten thousand women you are If I didn't think you could do Anything you ever wanted to If I wasn't certain that you'd come through somehow THe fact of the matter is, Cathy I wouldn't be standing here now -The Last Five Years