pixeltracker

Final In The Heights Weekend- Page 3

Final In The Heights Weekend

rmusic11322
#50Final In The Heights Weekend
Posted: 1/10/11 at 4:09pm

About Marcy knocking over the bottle, they don't use a real bottle of wine do they? I remember reading an interview saying that on tour, the bottle actually popped open and the rest of the cast had to come up with choreography just to come on stage and wipe it all up. Can someone describe how it actually happened?

rmusic11322
#51Final In The Heights Weekend
Posted: 1/10/11 at 4:10pm

Also, when I saw the matinee, I noticed that Marcy wore a blue dress instead of the red, during the club scene. Did she do that at the evening performance and why did she?
Updated On: 1/10/11 at 04:10 PM

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#52Final In The Heights Weekend
Posted: 1/10/11 at 6:00pm

I was there last night and understand everyone's appreciation and enthusiasm for this show, but the girl in front of me stood up before the ending of the show last night, so I kind of missed seeing Lin's expression during his final lines. Quite annoying.

I also noticed that Lin didn't give a shout out to Andy Blankenbeuler after the final curtain.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#53Final In The Heights Weekend
Posted: 1/10/11 at 6:25pm

I remember reading an interview saying that on tour, the bottle actually popped open and the rest of the cast had to come up with choreography just to come on stage and wipe it all up.

That would have been the bottle of champagne during Champagne, if we're remembering the same interview... it happened at least once on Broadway too, that an Usnavi went and opened that damn champagne; here's the interview where Kyle talks about doing it-

"I was doing the song 'Champagne' when he's trying to get the champagne bottle open with Vanessa and for some reason, I have no idea why, the prop champagne bottle used to actually be full of champagne, it was a real champagne bottle.

"And this night I'm fiddling to get it open and it explodes all over the stage ...one of those pops-across-the-room and champagne-all-over-the-floor. Unfortunately the whole lyric of the song is about struggling to get the champagne bottle open so I was really fortunate that it popped when it did and not earlier."

Kyle Beltran Drops Shakespeare For Rap In The Infectious In The Heights

Joshbstn
#54Final In The Heights Weekend
Posted: 1/10/11 at 6:43pm

I think that my favorite moment was when Doreen Montalvano randomly kissed the guy at the back of the stage, throwing him almost to the ground.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#55Final In The Heights Weekend
Posted: 1/10/11 at 6:55pm

Montalvo and that was hilarious

wickedfan11 Profile Photo
wickedfan11
#56Final In The Heights Weekend
Posted: 1/10/11 at 7:02pm

During which part of the show did Doreen do that?

Joshbstn
#57Final In The Heights Weekend
Posted: 1/10/11 at 7:14pm

It was kind of in the first third of the show, maybe when Sonny is teaching Usnavi how to dance.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#58Final In The Heights Weekend
Posted: 1/10/11 at 7:18pm

Andy Blankenbuehler is directing and choreographing the world premiere of Bring It On, which has its first performance in Atlanta on Saturday. He probably couldn't make it, so Lin-Manuel didn't say anything about him. Lin is the lyricist for Bring It On, so I don't think not mentioning Blankenbuehler is a reflection on their personal relationship.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

DottieD'Luscia
#59Final In The Heights Weekend
Posted: 1/10/11 at 7:28pm

Thanks, mikem.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#60Final In The Heights Weekend
Posted: 1/10/11 at 7:36pm

Andy Blankenbuehler is directing and choreographing the world premiere of Bring It On, which has its first performance in Atlanta on Saturday. He probably couldn't make it, so Lin-Manuel didn't say anything about him.

Sorry, that isn't a great excuse. Hugh Wheeler is dead, but Sondheim mentioned him at the final NIGHT MUSIC curtain call.
Lin probably just had a little memory lapse.

Blockhead24
#61Final In The Heights Weekend
Posted: 1/10/11 at 7:39pm

"Lin probably just had a little memory lapse."

something tells me he didn't

dragonlp86 Profile Photo
dragonlp86
#62Final In The Heights Weekend
Posted: 1/10/11 at 7:42pm

"Lin probably just had a little memory lapse."

Really, that's probably all it was. It was quite an emotional time for Lin and the rest of the cast. There's always going to be someone who gets left out of the thank you's.

DottieD'Luscia
#63Final In The Heights Weekend
Posted: 1/10/11 at 7:42pm

Maybe Andy wasn't there, considering each person Lin Manuel saluted came out onto the stage when their respective names were mentioned.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#64Final In The Heights Weekend
Posted: 1/10/11 at 7:43pm

something tells me he didn't

They are both working on BRING IT ON. Is there's bad blood now?
Updated On: 1/10/11 at 07:43 PM

Blockhead24
#65Final In The Heights Weekend
Posted: 1/10/11 at 7:45pm

no I just meant that he probably didn't mention him because he wasn't there