WOTV Cast Recording

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#1WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/18/11 at 11:25am

The thread wasn't coming up on search, so sorry for the new thread. They recorded yesterday, but have they set a release date? So excited!

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#2WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/18/11 at 12:20pm

Sh-K-Boom listed it as Spring.

If I could take a stab at what month, I'd probably say April (before Tony eligibility ends)

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/18/11 at 1:16pm

Are you sure they recorded it yesterday? There's usually an announcement the day a cast recording is recorded.

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#3WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/18/11 at 1:31pm

When they announced it would happen, I'm pretty sure they said it would be recorded on the 17th. I'm not 100% though.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#4WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/18/11 at 1:33pm

I think that was the date Laura posted on Facebook. But I think it has changed. No one had a status or anything yesterday.
Updated On: 1/18/11 at 01:33 PM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#5WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/18/11 at 1:33pm

I remember reading something about a March release. I hope it's March, anyway. I'm going to be listening to the CD non-stop.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

jacobp
#6WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/18/11 at 5:19pm

They will be recording tomorrow! Follow Ghostlight Records on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ghostlightrecords and Sh-K-Boom on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/ShKBoom for live updates!

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#7WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/18/11 at 9:33pm

Danny Burstein posted on facebook about a "reunion with WOTV cast members" tomorrow

jacobp
#8WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/19/11 at 11:55am

We are in the studio! Don't forget to follow Sh-K-Boom on Twitter and Facebook!

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#9WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/19/11 at 12:59pm

Ghostlight just confirmed that the full version of "Crazy Heart" will be the bonus track on the cast recording!!!

Sh-K-Boom & Ghostlight Records
Danny Burstein's here and we have begun recording "Madrid" the Act One opener! He sounds awesome!

Me I hope you guys record the original full version of "Crazy Heart" or at least make it a bonus track!
12 minutes ago

Sh-K-Boom & Ghostlight Records You are in luck! It WILL in fact be a bonus track!
about a minute ago ·

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#10WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/19/11 at 1:00pm

Sweet! What about "Shoes From Heaven" ?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#11WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/19/11 at 1:30pm

"Shoes From Heaven" will not be recorded. I guess I'll never know what it sounded like!

bwayfan7000
#12WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/19/11 at 3:38pm

Did another finale song ever go into the show? I never got a chance to see it, and don't want to fish through the mess of a thread about the show to find out if they ever added a new song or just stayed with the Concierge Crazy Heart Reprise and the scene.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#13WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/19/11 at 3:46pm

"Talk To Me" is the frozen finale. The Concierge sings it and Pepa joins her. Then in the middle of the final scene with Marisa, Pepa sings it alone before joining Marisa on the terrace.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#14WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/19/11 at 3:54pm

MTI will be releasing the rights.

Music Theatre International, which licenses Yazbek's The Full Monty and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, has also picked up Women on the Verge for its catalogue. The cast recording will be a useful tool in tempting theatres to produce the Latin-kissed musical.

"MTI is veryexcited to represent this wonderful show. While the Broadway production was able to showcase some of the most talented actors anywhere, the show itself will prove to be the real star in professional theatres, community theatres and universities around the world," MTI President Drew Cohen told Playbill.com.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/146823-The-Microphone-Women-on-the-Verge-Record-Broadway-Cast-Album-Jan-19-MTI-Nabs-Performance-Rights

Here's to future life for VERGE!!

bwayfan7000
#15WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/19/11 at 4:02pm

I wonder if the rights would be unrestricted very soon since the show isn't touring or anything.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

onedaymore Profile Photo
onedaymore
#16WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/19/11 at 4:58pm

To answer the original question, https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/WOMEN_ON_THE_VERGE_Cast_Heads_into_the_Recording_Studio_Today_119_20110119

Whoever says money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to shop. - Bo Derek

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#17WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/19/11 at 5:48pm

Broadway.com posted some pictures from the recording session. I guess Mary Beth Peil and LuPone weren't there (at least when they were taking pictures).

Broadway.com's photos

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
Updated On: 1/19/11 at 05:48 PM

jacobp
#18WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/19/11 at 6:02pm

They were not they came in later

Eos Profile Photo
Eos
#19WOTV Cast Recording
Posted: 1/20/11 at 12:57am

Just looking at the photos...
If I could get a date with Laura Benanti, I could die a happy lesbian. I know I'll regret posting this tomorrow, but whatev...

The Overture is part of the show, people. Please shut your pie hole.