Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1675Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/11/15 at 2:33am

Guns!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1676Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/11/15 at 4:51am

Tag said: "Surprised to hear Amy recycle some of her standup during the monologue.  Could she not have written new material?"

Recycled it from other TV appearances or live? If live, probably not. She taped her new HBO special and then did movie promotion and then went right out (and is still) on the road doing the Oddball Festival. When Louis does a fresh monologue that's like a 2-3 week project for him of hitting NY clubs every night, before the week of actually rehearsing the show. Without a chunk of time to nail it, makes a lot more sense to do something that works.

Liza's Headband
#1677Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/11/15 at 11:00am

To a fan like you, maybe. Perhaps she's just lazy. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1678Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/11/15 at 11:26am

I just know from seeing the amount of tweets about Chris Rock and Louis CK dropping in at the Comedy Cellar and such prior to their appearances, that she hasn't had the same window of time available since she has been performing stand-up in amphitheaters with Oddball all summer.

And as a fan of hers that does catch most of her TV appearances, I never heard any of that material before. Even if she did write new material for SNL, her only place to workshop it has been in front of 10,000+ people a night. If you went to the Cellar and caught Louis prep his SNL monologue, he would be doing material you heard before, too.

It has little to do with being her fan, and more to do with the mechanics of how stand-ups prepare monologues like that, and the time requirement it takes that she hasn't had available.

FindingNamo
#1679Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/11/15 at 12:20pm

Tag, by "recycle" are you referring to stories she's recently told on the myriad late night talk shows that referenced a couple of the same things.  On JimmySethStephen (who can remember which?) she mentioned having the same body as the 18 month old baby.  Is that what you mean, or are you talking about word-for-word material.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Diane Paulus Profile Photo
Diane Paulus
#1680Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/11/15 at 3:31pm

I havent been that impressed with the girl that has played hillary. and i think the guy who plays barack is great! 

FindingNamo
#1681Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/11/15 at 5:33pm

As you know, Diane, broads prefer to be called women and not girls in this, the dawn of feminism.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1682Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/11/15 at 5:38pm

Overall, I thought was a decent episode. The writing certainly wasn't as strong as previous episodes has been. 

FindingNamo
#1683Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/11/15 at 6:30pm

I loved Amy's 6 year old at the town meeting. She's pro-life, "meaning pro-MY life."

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1684Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/11/15 at 7:38pm

The fact that Amy didn't know it was also a selfie stick was my favorite line of the night.

Jordan Catalano
#1685Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/11/15 at 7:40pm

Her part of that town hall skit was great. That was the same child beauty pageant character she played in a skit, right?

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#1686Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/18/15 at 12:26am

More proof why u never work w live animals (on a live show) I'm nevah gonna hear "camel toe "again in quite the same way.

Jordan Catalano
#1687Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/18/15 at 12:55am

That FAMILY FEUD skit was genius. 

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1688Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/18/15 at 12:26pm

It was a great show last night. It was nice to see the extended SNL family  make appearances to welcome Tracy back. Damned camel! At least my beaver was layered over it.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#1689Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/18/15 at 1:04pm

Larry David stole the show as Bernie David- I mean, Sanders.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

FindingNamo
#1690Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/18/15 at 1:35pm

He was the equal to Fey's Palin, something we all saw happening before it ever happened.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1691Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/18/15 at 3:15pm

We might be seeing a lot of Larry David on the show.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1692Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/18/15 at 3:18pm

I hadn't really seen any press beforehand, so I didn't know what to expect from Tracy.  I wasn't expecting him to seem so much like his old self, but it was a nice surprise that it was. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1693Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/18/15 at 3:49pm

SNAFU said: "We might be seeing a lot of Larry David on the show."

One can only hope...

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1694Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/18/15 at 6:46pm

Updated On: 10/18/15 at 06:46 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1695Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/18/15 at 6:51pm

Whoops, wrong thread!
Updated On: 10/18/15 at 06:51 PM

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#1696Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/18/15 at 7:21pm

I can't express how happy I was when I saw Tina Fey, Jane Krakowski (Jenna, I miss you so much), and Jack McBrayer lined up in front of Alec Baldwin's Jack Donaghy. It was a great moment, and it was as funny as it was emotional. The *Smash* bit was hilarious.

Overall, it was one of my favorite SNL episodes of the past couple of seasons. I thought Morgan nailed it, and the guests were fantastic (and I actually really enjoyed Demi Lovato, who was actually singing live, shocking). That cold open with David and Kate McKinnon was pretty spectacular.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

FindingNamo
#1697Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/18/15 at 9:50pm

Where IS Jackie Chan at?

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#1698Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/19/15 at 5:50am

I don't think Anderson Cooper was probably thrilled with the actor satirizing him. Larry David was great!!

brdlwyr
#1699Weekly SNL Saturday Night Live Thread
Posted: 10/19/15 at 10:25am

Larry David was great and seemed to have memorized his lines. Tracy not great.