pixeltracker

Sending playbill to theatre for signing question

Sending playbill to theatre for signing question

cwilliams Profile Photo
cwilliams
#1Sending playbill to theatre for signing question
Posted: 1/31/11 at 12:20pm

I just got back from spending 4 days in NYC. Great trip, with the exception of Spider Man, which was a disappointment, I saw some great shows including John Gabriel Borkman at BAM, American Idiot, Phantom of the Opera, and La Cage Aux Folles. I was able to meet the cast at all the shows except Spider Man and all were very cool about signing, including Alan Rickman at Borkman. I waited at the stage door of Phantom and got to greet most of the cast including the terrific Raoul Sean MacLaughlin and Sara Jean Ford who is a fantastic Christine. Unfortunately that night Hugh Panaro (The Phantom) did not exit through the back stage door where I was with my friends, so we were not able to get his autograph. For those who have experience with this, if I mail my signed playbill to the Majestic theatre and enclose a postage paid return envelope with a note asking Hugh to sign it would I be successful? I had never even thought about doing that before but someone who was there at the stage door said I should.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#2Sending playbill to theatre for signing question
Posted: 1/31/11 at 12:24pm

I sent mail off to him a while ago and still haven't received anything back. It's fine, I just wouldn't get your hopes up.

cwilliams Profile Photo
cwilliams
#2Sending playbill to theatre for signing question
Posted: 1/31/11 at 12:26pm

Okay, thanks. I would like to get it signed by him, but at the same time I dont want to lose the playbill.

Gingersnap2 Profile Photo
Gingersnap2
#3Sending playbill to theatre for signing question
Posted: 1/31/11 at 12:40pm

He will sign it, but I know from experience that he's pretty slow with mail at times.

He also might be a little slower than usual with a week off from Phantom in early February.

cwilliams Profile Photo
cwilliams
#4Sending playbill to theatre for signing question
Posted: 1/31/11 at 2:13pm

If I send it to the theatre, who should I address it to, Hugh Panaro himself or the production manager?

Gingersnap2 Profile Photo
Gingersnap2
#5Sending playbill to theatre for signing question
Posted: 1/31/11 at 2:27pm

You can just address it to Hugh c/o the theatre.

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#6Sending playbill to theatre for signing question
Posted: 1/31/11 at 4:04pm

Or you don't have to risk it and you just just request a playbill signed by the leads to either the stage managers or the company. Then if they don't reply, you haven't lost anything (except the postage on both the mail and the SASE).

once a month Profile Photo
once a month
#7Sending playbill to theatre for signing question
Posted: 2/1/11 at 11:01am

Every Playbill I've ever sent to the theatres for autographs was returned. I waited the longest for The Addams Family.

It's worth a try!

once a month Profile Photo
once a month
#7Sending playbill to theatre for signing question
Posted: 2/1/11 at 11:01am

Every Playbill I've ever sent to the theatres for autographs was returned. I waited the longest for The Addams Family.

It's worth a try!

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#9Sending playbill to theatre for signing question
Posted: 2/1/11 at 1:54pm

I feel if you address it to one person only (i.e sending my GYPSY to Patti LuPone), it will come back a heck of a lot quicker.

The longest I waited was a tie between MEMPHIS and A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC (Peters/Stritch)

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#10Sending playbill to theatre for signing question
Posted: 2/1/11 at 2:23pm

There is a risk in sending your Playbill. I sent a partially signed Playbill to someone once and never got it back. I think it makes sense to ask for a new signed Playbill as had been suggested before. And you may cross paths with Hugh Panaro again in the future and be able to get his signature eventually in person.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Videos