pixeltracker

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread- Page 119

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#2950Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/23 at 4:00pm

Chicago Cast Member:  David Bushman: Swing, Dance Captain.  https://www.playbill.com/person/david-bushman-vault-0000125242  

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2951Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/23 at 4:03pm

Chicago cast member:  J. London:  Amos Hart understudy, Mary Sunshine standby/understudy  https://www.playbill.com/person/j-london   

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2952Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/23 at 4:06pm

Chicago Cast Member:  Ryan Silverman:  Billy Flynn replacement.  https://www.playbill.com/person/ryan-silverman-vault-0000110619

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2953Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/23 at 4:10pm

Chicago Cast Member: Evan Harrington.  Amos Hart (replacement).  https://www.playbill.com/person/evan-harrington-vault-0000081098  

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2954Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/23 at 4:13pm

Chicago Cast Member:  Jennifer Fouche.  Matron Mama Morton (replacement) https://www.playbill.com/person/jennifer-fouche   

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2955Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/23 at 4:20pm

Chicago cast member:  Kimberly Marable: Velma Kelly (replacement)  https://www.playbill.com/person/kimberly-marable-vault-0000117548

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2956Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/23 at 4:23pm

Chicago cast member:  Charlotte D'Amboise.  Roxie Hart (replacement)  https://www.playbill.com/person/charlotte-damboise-vault-0000073191   

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2957Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/18/23 at 4:27pm

Chicago cast member:  Ryan Lowe:  Mary Sunshine.  https://playbill.com/person/r-lowe-vault-0000115897   

bryan2
#2958Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/20/23 at 8:37am

Finally finally finally got the chance to see Charlotte D'Ambois last Saturday night , after 20 something years of seeing this show 8x and many very good Roxies...Charlotte is the queen, she was original yet stuck to the structure of Fosse , her spins during Roxie were just amazing. I can see why after all this time she is the standard and the go-to person when they need a Roxie fill in. Her interaction with the audience was hysterical. I have seen her in CATS and Song and Dance and she always stood out to me and am so glad the timing was right for me to finally see her live in Chicago. LOVE her Love her Love her lol...She should be a huge star and she is the real broadway deal!!

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2959Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/20/23 at 8:50pm

Either I don't remember seeing this video or this is the first time I've seen this video.  In any case, it's a blast to see this E Entertainment segment on the Chicago Opening Night in November 1996.  Steve Kmetko was dreeammy!  (At around 4:50 or so, someone unlikeable appears.  You may want to fast forward that.)  https://youtu.be/0HM0GR-xyVI

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2960Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/21/23 at 7:10pm

Barrett Martin made his Billy Flynn debut last night. Ryan Silverman has been out for over a week now.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Theatrefan2
#2961Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/22/23 at 1:59pm

I'm going to be in NYC in first week of October and I was wondering when the cast for Chicago may likely be announced for then? From what I can tell is current cast only contracted until early Sept?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2962Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/22/23 at 3:17pm

I believe the current leads are contracted through Sept. 3. So you'll likely have different leads come October.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2963Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/23/23 at 2:59pm

Both Celina Nightingale and Rachel Schur have left the show to go on maternity leave. Angel Reda has replaced Rachel while the swings are currently covering "June" for now.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#2964Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/23/23 at 6:35pm

ACL2006 said: "Barrett Martin made his Billy Flynn debut last night. Ryan Silverman has been out for over a week now."

Was so thrilled to see that Barrett was stepping up to Billy this week, wished I had time to go see the show this week. Hope Ryan is okay, but also kinda hoping I'll have a chance to see Barrett next week.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2965Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/25/23 at 10:31am

Khori Michelle Petinaud has replaced Nightinggale as June. She started yesterday.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2966Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/25/23 at 10:55pm

Rachel Schur Chase was a Roxie Hart and Matron Mama Morton understudy.  I imagine Angel Reda will serve as a Roxie u/s.  Celina Nightengale was the second Mama u/s.  I hope Arian Keddell is selected as a Mama Morton understudy.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2967Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/27/23 at 12:25pm

https://www.playbill.com/personlistpage/person-list?production=00000150-aea2-d936-a7fd-eef6db350002&type=cp#cc    Both Arian Keddell and Khori Michele Petinaud are listed as Matron Mama Morton understudies.  Angel Reda is a Roxie Hart understudy.  

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2968Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/29/23 at 2:35pm

Hayley Swindal will make a brief return as Matron Mama Morton from July 20-24.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2969Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/30/23 at 9:51pm

Congratulations to Arian Keddell for making her Matron Mama Morton debut tonite!!   https://www.instagram.com/p/CuIkVbpu34D/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Updated On: 6/30/23 at 09:51 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#2970Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/30/23 at 10:01pm

How are you feeling Roman? Stay hydrated during the heat wave. Drink WATER!!!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2971Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 6/30/23 at 11:03pm

I'm feeling waaay better than I did on Wed.  Thank you.  

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2972Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/1/23 at 6:02pm

Here is much more of the original '75 staging of "Chicago," this time as recreated in a 1992 Long Beach, CA production, starring Juliet Prowse (Roxie), Bebe Neuwirth (Velma), Gary Sandy (Billy), Kaye Ballard (Mama Morton), and original '75 cast members Barney Martin (Amos) and Michael O'Haughey (Mary Sunshine). The director was Rob Marshall, who would go on to direct the film version of "Chicago." The choreographer was Ann Reinking, who had taken over the role of Roxie from Gwen Verdon in the original production and would go on to choreograph and star in the '96 Broadway revival. Velma is Bebe Neuwirth, who would triumph in the same role in 'the '96 revival. The Long Beach production employed the full Tony Walton set design as well as many of Patricia Zipprodt's original costumes, while Reinking was recreating much of the '75 staging and choreography. Quality here is not so good, but this does supply at least a semblance of the original "Chicago." Previously posted on this channel are two numbers from this production with Ballard and Neuwirth (at   Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread • KAYE BALLARD (wit...  ) from a better-quality video that preserves only a few numbers. Variety's review of this production with credits at the bottom: prohttps://variety.com/1992/legit/review...   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HKkwtRE-II

Updated On: 7/1/23 at 06:02 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2973Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/2/23 at 6:45pm

In addition to Arian Keddell, Khori Michelle Petinaud is listed as the other Matron Mama Morton understudy in the Playbill Vault.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2974Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 7/2/23 at 7:47pm

Arian Keddell is on as Matron Mama Morton for the rest of the week.