News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Theatrefan2

Member Name: Theatrefan2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
 May 22 2024, 10:11:20 AM

They couldn't have made that trailer more like a straight Heartstopper if they tried 🤣

May 22 2024, 09:59:00 AM

I think some people are underestimating Kits appeal, and possibly over estimating Rachel's a bit. But they will be a popular pairing, and there are a lot of mummy's and daddy's out there who will fork out for tickets for the kids to see their idols. 

Plus Kit especially has an adult following too.

Considering the quite muted response to romeo and juliet in the UK I wonder if a transfer will happen. Although I guess its critic and word of mouth proof anyway. And

May 22 2024, 09:55:41 AM
I think
Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 May 15 2024, 11:50:43 AM

It's very CGI heavy, and obviously so. Leads all look 30+. Also, still no mention of it being part 1, have they changed their minds?

Dame Judi : Trigger Warnings
 May 15 2024, 10:21:39 AM

I think having them behind spoiler tags online would be one way. Especially for new productions won't no easily accessible history that you can look up. 

But the thing is, you can't protect everyone and predict every scenario. I get triggered by random things, and it isn't consistent what does it and I'd never expect others to go out of their way for my issues. I've learnt to live with it and mitigate as much as I can.

Also some of these trigger warns ar

Theatre "Influencers"
 May 1 2024, 11:59:52 AM

Yes they're nearly all awful, same with the youtube 'reviewers'.  They also can be incredibly rude to people they consider lesser than them. And when they get called out they usually pull an excuse like social anxiety and it's like no, you're just an entitled rude person who has behaved badly. At the end of the day these people don't have any more knowledge or insight than you or I, and sometimes much less.

I exclude channels like Wait In The Wings who do w

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 22 2024, 02:40:48 AM

I feel like the New York critics have got it more right than those here in London did.

This was a production that was hard to criticise as you just got shot down by so many.

I felr similar about the Sunset revival so I'm curious to see how that does in NYC 

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Apr 19 2024, 01:19:01 PM

QueenAlice said: "Rachel has a major following in the UK. Partly from her work on TV. She is more well known there than Mandy Gonzalez is here. I guess I was thinking about when Donna Murphy was the alternate for Bette Midler- Murphy is a two time Tony winner and a Broadway star in her own right. Casting an alternate with no box office power seems risky. They would probably be wiser to just do 7 shows a week rather than do 8 with someone who isn’t very well known."

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/24
 Feb 14 2024, 03:30:35 PM

Some people here are a bit out of touch. Heartstopper is huge. Yes it has a massive young adult following, but their fans go beyond that. Many adults of various generations love the show, and them.

Joe isn't quite as popular as Kit, but still enough to drive box office sales upward.

The second either of them are announced for any project it spreads across social media in no time. 

2024-2025 Touring Season
 Feb 8 2024, 12:21:42 PM

Does anyone know when Vancouver may announce? I'm there in early September and wondering if there will be anything worth seeing

Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... at the Lyceum February 2024
 Feb 7 2024, 05:04:22 PM

Someone on theatreboard says this has allegedly been axed before the start of its run

Liza MiNnelli is spelled with TWO N's and TWO L'S
 Jan 22 2024, 02:20:49 PM

Nicole still isn't right for the role in the more traditional sense, she works for this very production. I don't think she has the gravitas and acting talent needed for Norma in a movie, or more traditional production.

Glenn acted the role like no one else, her reaction to the spotlight hitting her before AIWNSG will stay with me forever.  Spine tingling. Norma is very much a role driven by acting, if all you have is vocals then much of the power and pathos is lost

Stephanie J. Block in Kiss Me, Kate – London
 Jan 19 2024, 10:05:21 AM

Musicaldudepeter said: "Sher casts these shows meticulously and he usually takes at least a year to do so... I'm sure he has a concept in mind for this casting. I would love Block to lean in to the 'diva' nature of the role instead of the watered down vanilla Lili Kelli O'Hara gave us a few years ago. Talk about miscast. This is a romp of a show, and they would be better off approaching it so as Blakemore did in the 90s."

Except this rev

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadwa
 Jan 8 2024, 02:37:10 AM

Sorry not true. Weekends were reduced sometimes during Oct and November , mid week a lot of the time. And it was more than single seats, and on some occasions the mid 100s tickets  dropped below £100.

Again I know this as I watched the charts closely, and had a friend group who did and used them and booked more than one seat on numerous occasions. 

If you don't think tkts and dynamic pricing are discounting then OK. Don't understand that log

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadwa
 Jan 7 2024, 05:04:34 PM

TBFL said: "Fosse76 said: "Eddie3 said: "Also worth reminding everyone that it's no doubt going to be a very expensive ticket, and so particularly important to convey that there are a lot of non-gushing opinions, from those of us who have seen it already.

I don't see the public rushing out to see this, only the theater queens on this board. This will certainly have discounts.

That was far from the case in London, it was

Bridge & Tunnel Crowd Can No Longer Be Counted On?
 Jan 4 2024, 12:09:06 AM

I visited NY in October for the first time since 2015 (used to visit almost yearly) and while i wouldn't say it felt dangerous or massively unsafe,  I definitely felt more cautious and little less safe than I did 8 years ago. It was definitely dirtier than before, noticeably more homeless, and the smell of weed was everywhere (not opposed to legalisation but just hate the smell). We were also advised a few times not to use the subway (especially after dark) which was a first.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/17/23
 Dec 21 2023, 02:37:22 AM

I don't really agree on Hadestown. It may not have had major name ot brand recognition, but the Greek gods / myths angle is some what of a hook. A lot of people are interested in that. It's enough to get peoples attention. It's also a subject that isn't done a whole lot on broadway.

A musical about a dance is a fairly common musical story.

Titanic - Fathom Events
 Nov 10 2023, 05:06:37 PM

CATSNYrevival said: "I saw this tonight too and I agree with most of the above. Ismay singing “In Every Age” didn’t work for me either and the structure suffered because of it. The original show structure is essentially bookended with Andrews opening the show with “In Every Age” and closing the show with his eleven o’clock number “Mr. Andrews’ Vision.” When we got to “Mr. Andrews’ Vision” in this production it al

Grandage directs Penelope Wilton & Luke Evans in BACKSTAIRS BILLY, West End comedy about the Queen Mother.
 Nov 8 2023, 05:29:49 PM

Jay Lerner-Z said: "I hope this play goes all out in ridiculing the Royal Family. "Remorselessly self-centered" is my favorite part of those reviews. "King" Charles traveled to parliament in a golden carriage yesterday, to open it. Obscene."

I assume you feel the same way about the US president and the costs of all the armoured vehicles, convoys whenever he travels, air force one and other aircraft etc etc.

Yes the gold coach looks outdated

MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
 Nov 8 2023, 02:47:27 AM

From comments here I'm glad Casey was off when I saw it last month. His understudy was excellent though.

Also glad I missed Boy George

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You