Kate Baldwin

BWayFanatic Profile Photo
BWayFanatic
#1Kate Baldwin
Posted: 4/7/11 at 7:07pm

"How are Things in Glocca Morra" came up on my iPod this morning. I almost forgot how amazing Kate Baldwin was in Finian's Rainbow.

Did anyone go to her "American Songbook" concert, I'd love to have been there!

I hope she comes back to the boards soon, I'd sure love to see her live again.

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#2Kate Baldwin
Posted: 4/7/11 at 7:39pm

I agree. Her performance in FINIAN'S was star-making, and it only goes to show since she seems to have booked every workshop/reading/benefit/concert available to her since the show closed. Glad to know she took the opportunity and ran with it! She's incredibly talented and her solo CD is great too.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#2Kate Baldwin
Posted: 4/7/11 at 8:47pm

I thought this was going to announcing she'd had her baby. Oh well...she is wonderfully talented and I cannot wait to see her on Broadway again

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#3Kate Baldwin
Posted: 4/7/11 at 11:43pm

Speak of the devil:

"Tony® Award nominee Kate Baldwin to offer Master Class

Star of Finian’s Rainbow will teach musical theatre technique in an intimate one-on-one setting.

Tony® Award nominee Kate Baldwin (Finian’s Rainbow) will offer a musical theatre master class on Monday, April 18th from 6:00 to 10:00pm at the Davenport Studio in Midtown Manhattan.

In this intimate class, participants will have the opportunity to perform and then work with Ms. Baldwin one-on-one to improve style, technique, and performance quality. The class will conclude with a Q&A session.

Tuition is $125, space is strictly limited and participants will be reviewed upon applying. A small number of auditor spots are also available for $30. To register for the class, and for more information, please visit http://www.broadwayspace.com/page/broadwayspace-master-class.

About Kate Baldwin

Kate Baldwin is a veteran of both regional and Broadway stages alike. However, it was her starring role in the latest revival of Yip Harburg’s and Burton Lane’s hit classic musical, Finian’s Rainbow that proved her to be in the same league as Broadway’s finest, garnering her Tony, Drama Desk and Outer Critics Circle nominations.

Kate has dazzled audiences nationwide with her compelling portrayal of some of musical theater’s most endearing roles. She appeared in the Broadway casts of The Full Monty, Thoroughly Modern Millie and Wonderful Town. She was seen in the touring production of Irving Berlin’s White Christmas, Henry V at the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey, I Do! I Do! at Westport Country Playhouse, She Loves Me at the Willliamstown Theatre Festival, The Women at San Diego's Old Globe, and South Pacific at Arena Stage, earning a Helen Hayes Award nomination.

In 2009, she released her debut album on PS Classics entitled, “Let’s See What Happens” which features songs from both stage and feature films. Her concert work includes several appearances with Stephen Sondheim in his critically acclaimed evening, “A Conversation with Stephen Sondheim.” She has appeared with the NY Pops, the National Symphony Orchestra and at the legendary nightclubs Feinstein's and Birdland, as well as the American Songbook Series at Lincoln Center."

Michelle616 Profile Photo
Michelle616
#4Kate Baldwin
Posted: 4/8/11 at 12:16am

I also read this hoping it was announcing that she gave birth.

She must be due soon, but this looks really great, I might have to go audit this, especially for only 30 bucks.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#5Kate Baldwin
Posted: 4/8/11 at 9:39am

Some day, if The King & I is ever revived again, I hope Kate is cast as Anna.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#6Kate Baldwin
Posted: 4/8/11 at 10:01am

^ I second that so much.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

HistoryBoy2 Profile Photo
HistoryBoy2
#7Kate Baldwin
Posted: 4/8/11 at 10:11am

Someone revise She Loves Me with Kate as Amalia.

Thank me later.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#8Kate Baldwin
Posted: 4/8/11 at 10:17am

She was wonderful as Amalia in the Huntington's production of She Loves Me back in 2008. I, for one, would not object to a Broadway revival with her.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

timote316
#9Kate Baldwin
Posted: 4/8/11 at 3:13pm

She was indeed wonderful in the Huntington's production, as was Brooks Ashmanskas as Georg. Actually, everything about the production was lovely... it's really too bad it wasn't picked up by Roundabout or someone outside Boston (beyond Williamstown, where it played after).

BWayFanatic Profile Photo
BWayFanatic
#10Kate Baldwin
Posted: 4/8/11 at 4:56pm

Kate as Anna in "The King and I" would be perfection. I can't think of a role she'd be so well suited for!

And thanks for that find on the master class ABB. I won't be in the city that day, but I'm making my sister go instead. That's so cheap!

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#11Kate Baldwin
Posted: 4/8/11 at 5:21pm

Kate would be so perfect as Anna in The King and I. I'd also really love to see her as the Baker's Wife in Into the Woods at some point.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#12Kate Baldwin
Posted: 4/8/11 at 5:28pm

I guess I'm the only person who finds her to be deathly boring, both vocally and acting-wise.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body