News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Plays (jerusalem) from first row mezz

Plays (jerusalem) from first row mezz

binau Profile Photo
binau
#1Plays (jerusalem) from first row mezz
Posted: 6/2/11 at 1:27am

I've never seen a play from the Mezz, I can't help but feel it might seem a bit disconnected, but maybe this isn't the case. Would you guys rather see this play from the front row mezz or the rear orchestra, for example?

Thanks!!

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

bwayfan7000
#2Plays (jerusalem) from first row mezz
Posted: 6/2/11 at 1:30am

I'm probably biased because I love the first row mezz in basically any situation, but I started out in the box for this play and ended up 8th row center orch, and obviously loved the orch better because the box was a bit obstructed, but I'd say that front row mezz would be good for this because it is a lot to take in. I'd say front row orch would be too close, and front row mezz is essentially a raised version of mid-orch, so that'd be better than rear orch. If my late-night rambling makes any sense...ha.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

iflip4musicals Profile Photo
iflip4musicals
#2Plays (jerusalem) from first row mezz
Posted: 6/2/11 at 8:24am

mezz definitely. I feel more disconnected in the rear orch because you're still dealing with all of the people in front of you. Front row mezz it's you and the stage, just a bit higher up.

"I've never encountered such religiously, you know, loyal fans as Broadway musical theater fans. It's amazing." --Allison Janney

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#3Plays (jerusalem) from first row mezz
Posted: 6/2/11 at 9:02am

I've sat in the mezzanine and the rear orchestra for Jerusalem and much prefer the mezzanine.

dumbosbigears
#4Plays (jerusalem) from first row mezz
Posted: 6/2/11 at 6:00pm

I saw it from the first row of the mezzanine and it was incredible. It is an incredible view of all the action, and not once did I feel disconnected. I would suggest front row mezz to anyone, and would see it in those seats again in a heartbeat (although I would see that show in the nose bleed seats if that was the only option). The energy created by those actors in that show is astounding.

Also to add to what the others are saying: there are no obstructions in the front row of the mezzanine, while in the rear orchestra, you might be dealing with tall patrons sitting in front of you. Just a tip.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5Plays (jerusalem) from first row mezz
Posted: 6/2/11 at 6:04pm

I would think front row mezz would be great for this, or any show.

I find in my old age, I get pickier and pickier about my seats, especially for straight plays.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos