pixeltracker

Plan on seeing The Normal Heart, better see it before July 10th and heres why.

Plan on seeing The Normal Heart, better see it before July 10th and heres why.

thismyshow
#1Plan on seeing The Normal Heart, better see it before July 10th and heres why.
Posted: 6/6/11 at 12:15am

Saw the show tonight at the stage door I asked Joe Mantello if there was any chance it was going to extend even if they win best revival he said unfortunately not its a done deal come July 10th, dont hesitate to see it because its gone after july 10th.....

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
#2Plan on seeing The Normal Heart, better see it before July 10th and heres why.
Posted: 6/6/11 at 12:36am

So, see it before it closes? Helpful, thanks.

thismyshow
#2Plan on seeing The Normal Heart, better see it before July 10th and heres why.
Posted: 6/6/11 at 1:11am

i wrote this because people sometimes tend to wait to see if it extends and then its too late for them to see it when it becomes clear they are not extending ( several limited engagement shows have recently extended)

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#3Plan on seeing The Normal Heart, better see it before July 10th and heres why.
Posted: 6/6/11 at 1:11am

I asked him the same question a few days ago, and he was more hedgey, saying something like, "I don't think so." It sounds like he was more definitive with you.

Certainly business has not been good enough so far to warrant an extension, but I think it has a good chance of winning either 4 or 5 Tonys (it's nominated in 5 categories: revival, director, and for Mantello, Hickey, and Barkin), and I think business will pick up after the Tonys to some extent. It will probably win more Tonys than any other play (and possibly as many as Mormon).

But I would guess they would have to replace some of the cast (Parsons must have to start filming Big Bang Theory at some point in July), and it may be a situation similar to Red in which they will close the show rather than re-cast some of the parts. (Although one key difference is that Red re-couped prior to closing, and I doubt that The Normal Heart has made significant headway towards doing so. It's about halfway through its scheduled run, and it's only grossed about $1.48 million so far.)

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#4Plan on seeing The Normal Heart, better see it before July 10th and heres why.
Posted: 6/6/11 at 9:31am

I only see shows if they extend.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

haddaddy3 Profile Photo
haddaddy3
#5Plan on seeing The Normal Heart, better see it before July 10th and heres why.
Posted: 6/27/11 at 4:46pm

Every time I see new press about The Normal Heart (it seems almost daily), I die a little inside because I know it's not going to extend and I will miss it by only 2 weeks when I come to New York during the last week of July.

You look absolutely terrific, honestly.

Zineberg411
#6Plan on seeing The Normal Heart, better see it before July 10th and heres why.
Posted: 6/28/11 at 10:28am

Hopefully will finally get there next week...can't wait.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#7Plan on seeing The Normal Heart, better see it before July 10th and heres why.
Posted: 6/28/11 at 11:17am

Doesn't look like I'll be able to see this. really was hoping for an extension.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#8Plan on seeing The Normal Heart, better see it before July 10th and heres why.
Posted: 6/28/11 at 11:40am

It's such a shame that they couldn't figure out a way to extend this. A truly brilliant production.

But, I'm glad they're going out with a bang and sold out performances.