pixeltracker

Musicals That Give You No Room For Creativity- Page 2

Musicals That Give You No Room For Creativity

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#25Musicals That Give You No Room For Creativity
Posted: 6/25/11 at 11:45pm

First show I thought of is ANYTHING GOES.

Each set is a stationary boat set, with two rooms which roll in from either side for the Whitney/Moonface glasses scene.

The biggest change I've seen is in the recent revival, they actually set 'Blow, Gabriel' in a nightclub.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Broadwayboy2631 Profile Photo
Broadwayboy2631
#26Musicals That Give You No Room For Creativity
Posted: 6/26/11 at 12:24am

Beauty and the Beast. It suffers from being based on an iconic film, and the imagery is burned in everyone's minds.

Hugh Panaro<3
#27Musicals That Give You No Room For Creativity
Posted: 6/26/11 at 1:05am

Little Shop of Horrors.

Hugh Panaro<3
#28Musicals That Give You No Room For Creativity
Posted: 6/26/11 at 1:05am

Little Shop of Horrors.

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#29Musicals That Give You No Room For Creativity
Posted: 6/26/11 at 1:14am

I'm actually pretty sure you HAVE to reimagine Les Mis: a friend who worked one of first wave of regional productions said that it was actually contractual that they didn't use the turntable.
Updated On: 6/26/11 at 01:14 AM

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#30Musicals That Give You No Room For Creativity
Posted: 6/26/11 at 3:13am

Cats!
What else can you do then let people dressed as cats dance around on a big dump..

A poster here, Schmerg, actually gave an interesting interpretation of people in a mental hospital suffering from various mental diseases fitting with each character.

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#31Musicals That Give You No Room For Creativity
Posted: 6/26/11 at 7:36am

"I'm actually pretty sure you HAVE to reimagine Les Mis: a friend who worked one of first wave of regional productions said that it wasn't actually contractual that they didn't use the turntable."

I was just going to to say this myself. I was lucky enough to participate in two regional productions when the right first came out and apparently the designs had to be submitted for approval because MacIntosh didn't want people to simply re-create the original stuff. Turntables were okay as long as they "weren't used in the same way".

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#32Musicals That Give You No Room For Creativity
Posted: 6/26/11 at 9:41am

Yet they still make you use the same damn drawing of the girl.