pixeltracker

REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join Team; Boggess Likely to Star- Page 2

REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join Team; Boggess Likely to Star

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#25REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/12/11 at 10:43pm

Julia Murney for Ms. Danvers?

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

ravnquest1
#26REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/12/11 at 11:12pm

Anyone know where the English demo can be found?

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#27REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/12/11 at 11:19pm

Mrs. Danver's first song, "She's Invincible" is available on REBECCA's website.

Don't forget the demo was from about 3 years before even the Vienna production, and Kunze's not a native English speaker!
REBECCA The Musical

Mattbrain
#28REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/12/11 at 11:28pm

I'm partial to Judy Kuhn for Mrs. Danvers.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."
Updated On: 7/12/11 at 11:28 PM

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#29REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/12/11 at 11:54pm

So I listened to the song on their website, but downloaded the demo. That title song. Damn, that was great.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#30REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 12:14am

The best song, in my opinion, is called "Jenseits der Nacht" (or "Beyond the Night"), the big 11 o'clock duet number between "I" and Maxim (It actually appears twice, earlier as "Help Me Through the Night"), but neither are on the demo.

The demo doesn't have a lot of stuff - they released "The Power of a Woman in Love" as a pop single (in English) a few years back as well.

I have always loved the opening/finale song, "Last Night I Dreamt of Manderley"!

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#31REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 3:11am

Too bad that Pia Douwes is doing the Stuttgart production (but good for her of course), it would have been nice to see her as Mrs. Danvers on Broadway.

Wishing Only Wounds, I like your suggestion of Julia Murney. Or Beth Leavel maybe. This is definitely a great show for 'dream casting', that's for sure.

Whether or not it will appeal to American audiences remains to be seen. I love the work of Kunze & Levay (have seen Elisabeth several times) but it's true that their music has a slight "eurotrash" feel to it. And I don't mean that as an insult at all, I just don't know whether US theatregoers will embrace it or laugh at it.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#32REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 4:17am

Here's to hoping Carolee's gets a shot at opening something of quality.

FranklinShepard-Inc.
#33REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 5:57am

Having seen the original production, this is gharstly news.

#34REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 8:21am

who is singing on the English language demo?

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#35REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 8:58am

Pia Douwes (Mrs. Danvers), Uwe Kröger (Maxim de Winter), Maike Boerdam (I) and I believe also André Bauer (Frank Crawley)

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#36REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 9:43am

I'd be a lot more interested and excited about this if Francesca Zambello wasn't involved.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#37REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 11:26am

I'm a bit sad that they are dropping the fire and collapsing staircase.

Zambello did have a miss with Mermaid, but she is very highly regarded in the opera world, so I'm not worried especially with Blakemore around.

If they dont hire someone for Danvers that can hit the high notes at the end of the Rebecca reprise, I'm gonna cry. I LOVE Rigvava Dumas as Danvers, but if she's not going to do it, JUDY KUHN!

I think Douwes is pretty pale in comparison to Ruvava Dumas. Her Elisabeth doesnt excite me either.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#38REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 11:56am

Awww! No fire?! That sounded awesome! It's an 80s pop opera! It needs a "thing" like a helicopter or dancing cats!

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#39REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 12:33pm

They'll probably do it with projection screens...cheap bastards!

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

Overthewall Profile Photo
Overthewall
#40REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 1:12pm

Where did it say they're not going to be doing the staircase and the fire?

The original production used projections of flames on a scrim at the front of the stage as well as the staircase - I don't see why they can't do both.

I love this show so much and I was super excited for Carolee Carmello in the initial reading because I love the tone of her voice but I want her to reign in her vibrato so much. I too am in love with Rigvava Dumas and wish she would come and do it here!!

Mattbrain
#41REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 1:18pm

Who said they're dropping the fire effect on the staircase?

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

HistoryBoy2 Profile Photo
HistoryBoy2
#43REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 1:54pm

Beth Leavel was my first thought for Danvers, but anything that could get Murney back on Broadway is fine by me.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#44REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 4:25pm

Sorry kids...I read about the dropping of the staircase effects to lower costs in the "arts briefly" times blurb this am.

I'll try to find a link.

The savings were expected to be around 5-6 mil.

Here it is:
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/07/12/rebecca-to-sing-manderley-to-burn-on-broadway/?scp=1&sq=rebecca&st=cse

Updated On: 7/13/11 at 04:25 PM

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#45REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 5:47pm

How disappointing!!!!!! It is still one of my favourite favourite special effects ever, it definitely would have added to the draw of the show!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#46REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 6:05pm

That one effect is 6million dollars? Jeez. It still would have added a nice "Did you see that show with the fire?" kind of buzz.

ThankstoPhantom
#47REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 6:07pm

If you read the article, you'd note that they are having a fire effect, just executing it differently.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#48REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 6:07pm

Whelp since no one can see it, search for it on YouTube:
manderley in flammen/ ich hab geträumt von manderley

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#49REBECCA to Open on Broadway April 2012; Blakemore, Zambello, Daniele Join T
Posted: 7/13/11 at 6:09pm

Yeha, but for all we know the new effect will be just projections (as the projections were half of the effect anyway)