BOOK OF MORMON QUESTION

bradway
#1BOOK OF MORMON QUESTION
Posted: 8/14/11 at 4:01pm

For those that have seen the show--even though there is a warning about explicit language in the show, have there been many instances of people leaving before act two? It seems like the
"atmosphere" of the show can swing either way.

Updated On: 8/14/11 at 04:01 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2BOOK OF MORMON QUESTION
Posted: 8/14/11 at 7:13pm

I had the same thoughts.

I've been twice and only known of 2 old ladies that walked out -- but that seems more because they didn't actually get that they were getting STANDING room.

If there are others, it's not noticeable.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#2BOOK OF MORMON QUESTION
Posted: 8/14/11 at 7:15pm

I've never seen anyone walk out during the performance. I can't say people haven't returned for act 2 or not, though.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

bwayfan7000
#3BOOK OF MORMON QUESTION
Posted: 8/14/11 at 8:06pm

When I saw the last preview from standing room, I noticed at least a handful of people walk out during Sal Tlay Ka Siti because it was a dimly lit number that allowed them to exit somewhat discreetly.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#4BOOK OF MORMON QUESTION
Posted: 8/15/11 at 1:59am

No one walked out when I saw it (at least not during the actual show). At intermission all I heard was everyone raving about how great it was and how much fun they were having BOOK OF MORMON QUESTION

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#5BOOK OF MORMON QUESTION
Posted: 8/15/11 at 10:27am

I've never seen people walk out during the show. But in the 3 times I've seen it, there's always been a few people who don't come back after intermission. That's pretty much every show I see on Broadway. I'm not sure why I notice that....other than to maybe move up to better seats. :)

Videos