Godspell - Ticket Taker

thismyshow
#25Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/29/11 at 11:52pm

@gvendo yeah im 3 for 3 because at no point does your facebook profile make it clear u have been in ny anytime recently, just commenting based on production photos and word of mouth from other people, your busted as a crazy person dude.

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#26Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/29/11 at 11:56pm

^ Gee, I dunno, maybe if you read the comments on said postings you'd see me pointing out (especially on the one about the production photos, ironically) that I saw it and found most of it forgettable, and that the talent I did like in the show blended in with the mush so easily I couldn't even remember what they did. If, as your username suggests, "this your show," then "your show" is the pits.

The only person busted as crazy is the guy (gal? I can't tell) who seems to be taking a peculiar interest in my personal life. If you found that LiveJournal all by yourself, I'd say that's more stalkerish and obsessive than anything I've done so far. I'm understandably uncomfortable with the direction this is taking, good sir (or madam). My opinion of the show should not affect you any more than yours affects me (and in case you haven't guessed, it certainly hasn't).

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

thismyshow
#27Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/29/11 at 11:59pm

i found that livejournal because its attached to ur broadway world profile, wow your trying to paint me as a crazy stalker, dude you have links to all your stuff posted to your broadway world profile and your linkedin profile which you gave me on your own.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#28Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/30/11 at 12:00am

That sucks! It's like MTC, where they have 2...elderly...ticket takers and the entire population of the tri-state area over 70 shuffling into the narrow Freidman doors.

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#29Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/30/11 at 12:00am

Really? I don't see my Facebook listed on my LinkedIn, *or* for that matter my LiveJournal on my profile, as anyone who reads them can attest. Armed with this knowledge, I am all the more concerned.

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

FindingNamo
#30Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/30/11 at 12:01am

Also, I'm a little creeped out by your narrative of Michael Butler passing 15-year-old you around as "a prodigy." It just reads weird.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#31Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/30/11 at 12:02am

I'm sorry you find it that way., Namo. I found it a compliment; the way I comported myself online, he thought I was 30, and was genuinely surprised to discover I was only 15. He saw raw but promising talent, and he passed it on to someone who could take an active interest in developing it. If you read anything more into that, that says a lot more about you.

thismyshow
#32Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/30/11 at 12:04am

@gvendo its was hyper linked on ur linkedin account next to personal website, but you removed it, dude you have some serious issues and are super delusional.

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#33Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/30/11 at 12:05am

Serious issues? Super delusional? Ah, you're projecting again. Not unusual, as anyone who notes your presence in the Godspell threads could attest. Continue with your, uh, "meta"-ing; it's most amusing.

thismyshow
#34Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/30/11 at 12:06am

this isn't even about your feelings on the show anymore dude, you need serious help.

FindingNamo
#35Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/30/11 at 12:06am

"If you read anything more into that, that says a lot more about you."

I'll say.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#36Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/30/11 at 12:08am

Maybe I do need help. Help ditching you. See you in the asylum, t.m.s. Godspell - Ticket Taker

thismyshow
#37Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/30/11 at 12:09am

no you just need help, period. Have fun living your little delusional dream's in rhode island, by the way your "production companies "name is really tacky.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#38Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/30/11 at 12:11am

How 'bout them Dodgers?

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#39Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/30/11 at 12:12am

Which, Richard's two or my imprint? I like to think my imprint is timely, and speaks to the issues at hand. I refer you to the lyric from Evita: "The voice of the people / Cannot be / And will not be / Denied..." It is my firm belief, as both a producer and an activist, that never was a truer lyric written. In these trying political and social times, when forming a company, one needs a name that speaks to (and for) the people now, that appeals to the public.

"We are The 99 Per Cent, LLC -- entertainment for the vocal majority." Makes perfect sense to me, however tacky you find it.

Love you too, doll.

thismyshow
#40Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/30/11 at 12:14am

@jordan i think they could use a better pitcher for next season.

junkyard
#41Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/30/11 at 5:18pm

How did a post about a ticket taker turn into a p-ssing match between two 'sort of' strange internet personalities? However if anyone is interested, ticket takers and ushers are members of a union and working conditions and number of staff per theatre is a negotiated matter. An interesting side thought....before unionization the ushers in each theatre were often related. I remember that when "Funny Girl" was at the Winter Garden, most of the women were sisters or sisters-in-law or neices. It seemed these were jobs that were willed to next of kin. Also the ushers were all women except for a couple of theaters, the Alvin (simon) and the Hellinger (a maybe a couple of more) were all men. In those days there was no sexual intergration of the usher corps.

Now guys please don't make up because your ranting is more entertaining than a post about ticket takers..

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#42Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/30/11 at 5:48pm

For the matinee today, there was an older woman taking tickets and the stage manager, started to help her scan tickets to get the process moving quicker.

MusicalComedyMan
#43Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/31/11 at 4:11am

I haven't seen the show... and I have no interest in it. BUT if the show is half as entertaining as all the threads on the show are, I might have to change my mind.

Donthatecongratulate Profile Photo
Donthatecongratulate
#44Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/31/11 at 11:19am

*grabs popcorn*

"Don't f*** a baby. I'll get rid of your AIDS. If you f*** this frog."

mattywhits Profile Photo
mattywhits
#45Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/31/11 at 2:49pm

@Jordan- I'm excited to see what happens with the Dodgers' production of FAT CAMP next year!

Oh, you meant the other Dodgers.

spike3
#46Godspell - Ticket Taker
Posted: 10/31/11 at 3:20pm

most -NOT ALL - Broadway houses use only one ticket taker. Not a good thing, but that is the way it is

Videos