pixeltracker

New Poll: Which Christmas Show Would You Like to See on Broadway in 2012?

New Poll: Which Christmas Show Would You Like to See on Broadway in 2012?

nrosky Profile Photo
nrosky
#1New Poll: Which Christmas Show Would You Like to See on Broadway in 2012?
Posted: 12/22/11 at 1:58pm

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2New Poll: Which Christmas Show Would You Like to See on Broadway in 2012?
Posted: 12/22/11 at 6:53pm

The Grinch! I saw it for the first time this year in San Diego and I really liked it. It's a shame that out of all the years it has played in San Diego and after two Broadway engagements and tours they never made a cast recording.

RainbowJude Profile Photo
RainbowJude
#2Which Christmas Show Would You Like to See on Broadway in 2012?
Posted: 12/23/11 at 6:54am

A CHRISTMAS STORY, no contest. Pasek and Paul need to be on Broadway. I don't care if it's this, JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH or DOGFIGHT. But it's their time.

Musical Cyberspace: a tribute to the musicals of Broadway and beyond.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#3Which Christmas Show Would You Like to See on Broadway in 2012?
Posted: 12/24/11 at 1:10am

I saw White Christmas on tour and thought it was just boring. Two Broadway engagements are more than enough for that show.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#4Which Christmas Show Would You Like to See on Broadway in 2012?
Posted: 12/24/11 at 9:38pm

None of them. Instead, a first class revival of SHE LOVES ME (major plot point involves Christmas, for those who dont know the show)

http://docandraider.com

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#5Which Christmas Show Would You Like to See on Broadway in 2012?
Posted: 12/27/11 at 4:01pm

I've been saying for years that someone should combine all the Rankin-Bass Christmas specials (Rudolph, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Year Without a Santa Claus) into a stage show. The songs and characters are so iconic -- the Heat Miser number alone would be worth the price of admission

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup

Aaronscandy
#6Which Christmas Show Would You Like to See on Broadway in 2012?
Posted: 12/29/11 at 11:22am

Has anyone ever seen that cute little holiday show called "That Time Of Year." I saw it off Broadway a few years ago. Not sure if it's right for Broadway but it's really joyful and funny. I'd love to see that done somewhere else again.

TheHappyPhantom
marthawain
#8Which Christmas Show Would You Like to See on Broadway in 2012?
Posted: 12/29/11 at 4:07pm

The Nightmare Before Christmas!! PLEASE! Danny Elfman's music is so theatrical that it's a no-brainer. And the visuals in the piece would be the most beautiful aesthetic!! Updated On: 12/29/11 at 04:07 PM

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#9Which Christmas Show Would You Like to See on Broadway in 2012?
Posted: 12/29/11 at 4:16pm

SCROOGED. A new adaptation of the Bill Murray/Harold Ramis film, preferably with music and lyrics by David Yazbek. It's the perfect Christmas/Anti-Christmas film, because it gets the tone absolutely right. The comedy can go so dark it's almost cringeworthy while STILL being mostly family-friendly, but the (equally dark in its own way) ending scene, where Cross's on-camera nervous breakdown ends up reuniting his family, saving the network and promoting charity and love to the entire world, is unexpectedly genuine and heartwarming.

If any Christmas movie (other than maybe TNBC, but that's been debated to death) would make a great musical, it would be this one, just because it's something so different.

But barring that... SILENT NIGHT DEADLY NIGHT.

Videos