pixeltracker

is it a good idea to buy Book Of Mormon tickets on Stubhub?

is it a good idea to buy Book Of Mormon tickets on Stubhub?

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#1is it a good idea to buy Book Of Mormon tickets on Stubhub?
Posted: 12/27/11 at 8:17am

I am helping my Dad buy tickets for Book Of Mormon for his upcoming birthday in March. One of the questions that he asked me was if there was any harm in buying tickets for this show off of Stubhub.

I have used Stubhub myself for concerts as well as Broadway shows and understand how it works. However, I was telling my father that due to the high number of people making counterfeit tickets for this particular show that I would not be comfortable buying tickets off of Stubhub.

Is this me being overly neurotic? Or considering what has been going on is this a legit concern?

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

iluvtheatertrash
#2is it a good idea to buy Book Of Mormon tickets on Stubhub?
Posted: 12/27/11 at 8:21am

My father buys tickets from StubHub all the time and has never had a problem...

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

AEA AGMA SM
#2is it a good idea to buy Book Of Mormon tickets on Stubhub?
Posted: 12/27/11 at 9:52am

Stubhub is probably a better/safer way to go in terms of third party re-sellers. They do have a customer guarantee, so should something go wrong you at least wouldn't be left without options in terms of refunds, etc.

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#3is it a good idea to buy Book Of Mormon tickets on Stubhub?
Posted: 12/27/11 at 1:03pm

Stubhub has a pretty air-tight policy on fraudulent/counterfeit tickets. I, personally, have never heard of any fraud on Stubhub. If there was any issue, since Stubhub is such a large company and such a story would generate tremendously negative press, they'd likely be willing to work with you. If you're planning on buying tickets in the secondary market, Stubhub is probably the safest way to do it.

If you're still not convinced, look at the "FanProtect Guarantee"

FanProtectTM for Buyers

Summary of StubHub guarantee to Buyers:

You will get your tickets in time for the event
Your tickets will be valid for entry
Your tickets will be the same as those you ordered

If any of these things do not occur, we will find you comparable or better tickets to the event, or offer you a refund

http://www.stubhub.com/fanprotect-guarantee-legal/#buyers

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#4is it a good idea to buy Book Of Mormon tickets on Stubhub?
Posted: 12/27/11 at 1:44pm

I was under the impression that stubhub has both the buyer and the seller's credit card info on file. In other words, If I buy two tickets for a total of 200 dollars and when I get to the venue it turns out the tickets are fake and I notify stubhub of that, then wouldn't they charge the seller the total cost of whatever it was I paid for them in total?

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#5is it a good idea to buy Book Of Mormon tickets on Stubhub?
Posted: 12/28/11 at 1:11am

I had a very different experience with StubHub/Book of Mormon. I had never used the site before, but was planning a trip to NY this past summer and really wanted to see BOM. Since everything else was sold out, I went the StubHub route after someone suggested it. The option I chose was for Orchestra Seats, something like Row R. The red flags appeared when it came in the mail. First of all, it wasn't an actual TICKET ticket. Instead, it was the type of computer print-out ticket, on paper. Since I know this is still a valid form, I wasn't that bothered. Secondly, the seat on the ticket didn't match what was on the StubHub site. It was actually closer to the stage, but still - something in my head went hmmmm.

So this being Book of Mormon and all and me being an overly paranoid person, I went to the box office when I arrived in NY and asked them what their policy is if more than one person has the same ticket. I was told that their policy is somewhat 'first come, first served' in the sense that whoever has their ticket scanned first will be the only one admitted. That being said, I was also told that if at any time someone shows up that actually BOUGHT the ticket, then they would be seated instead. So if the person who sold me their ticket came and presented ID, since they have their name on the computer-print-out version of the ticket, they would get the seat.

Because of all this, I got to the show ridiculously early and just waited. I was one of the first to go in. I'm really glad I did this, since twenty minutes before curtain a woman comes in with her son. Surprise surprise - she has the same ticket (and the seat next to me). It turns out this asshat sold the same set of tickets to 4 different groups. The only reason I was able to watch Book of Mormon is that I got there earlier than the rest.

Long story short (or...long story slightly less long in this case), I would never go with StubHub again. This doesn't necessarily reflect badly on them, since they were very helpful and all, but if that's (some of) the kind of people selling tickets I'll pass.

bradway
#6is it a good idea to buy Book Of Mormon tickets on Stubhub?
Posted: 12/28/11 at 9:59am

I use STUBHUB all the time--never had a problem:)

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#7is it a good idea to buy Book Of Mormon tickets on Stubhub?
Posted: 12/28/11 at 12:36pm

mormonophobic - that's why stubhub tells everyone that if the tickets don't match what you buy to call right away. If you do they will take the money back from the seller if he sells the same tickets more then once.

winston - buy them, you will be fine, if the tickets don't match what you buy when you receive them just call stubhub. They will give you seats that are similar or refund your money if there is any issue. They do keep the sellers credit card on file and they charge them if a problem arises that the seller was at fault for, like selling fake tickets or the same tickets twice. I've been using stubub since they started and I've never had a problem.

Updated On: 12/28/11 at 12:36 PM

Videos