LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!

jo
#1LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/1/12 at 8:31pm

This tweet from Hugh Jackman --

http://twitter.com/#!/RealHughJackman

>>RealHughJackmanHugh Jackman

first day of rehearsal with colm wilkinson...what an honour...the original valjea. such a legend.

26 minutes ago<<<

The movie is finally happening - after such a long wait! But how evocative that the first scenes being rehearsed are those involving the first stage Valjean and his incarnation in the movie musical. True, the scenes are likely those involving Valjean and the Bishop of Digne ( Colm's new role in the saga of Valjean), but still this brings us back to when LesMis started on its becoming the much loved musical it is today.

May I say BREAK A LEG ?!!

Updated On: 2/1/12 at 08:31 PM

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#2LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/1/12 at 8:41pm

Very cool!! I hope someone recorded some of it.

Thanks for bringing it in!
Updated On: 2/1/12 at 08:41 PM

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#2LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/2/12 at 8:45am

Exciting! LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!  I wish them all well. Break-A-Leg!!!

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#3LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/2/12 at 3:16pm

Not sure if its posted somewhere else, but Linzi Hately is going to appear in the film per her website.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#4LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/2/12 at 3:21pm

Can we now merge all the Carrie and Les Mis threads?

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

mitchsc
#5LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/2/12 at 4:36pm

Just wanted to pass this along, found this on another les mis movie board I bounce around on. Just to show proof that they are finally starting rehearsals (if your good enough you might be able to read a bit from the next page)

(I have been a lurker on here since forever)

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#6LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/2/12 at 5:24pm

Here's the original tweet from Julia Worsley: https://twitter.com/#!/JuliaClaireW/status/165165440274939904/photo/1

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

mitchsc
#7LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/2/12 at 5:38pm

There was another tweet from her that said where they were in rehearsals..

Julia Worsley @JuliaClaireW

@SimonBailey1210 @realhughjackman start rehearsals on Lovely Ladies today at Pinewood! Legend!! X

If they started on monday, they sure are flying through rehearsals.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#8LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/2/12 at 5:46pm

I hope she's not posting shots of the shooting script, unless she wants to lose her job and find the police at her door. I'm sure she's under an NDA.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Muhlethaler
#9LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/2/12 at 6:38pm

Updated On: 6/18/20 at 06:38 PM

Fan2
#10LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/2/12 at 6:54pm

I'm not sure how rehearsals work, at least this week. Hugh was (supposedly) seen on a plane today flying back into Newark, Russell I think is still in Australia (he presented an award at some show on Monday I think) and as of Wednesday Anne was still in NYC.

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#11LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/2/12 at 7:24pm

She probably figured it was just the title page and that it didn't tell anybody anything they didn't already know.

I don't think she realized you can sort of see the first page of the script.

I'm sure by now she's been told in no uncertain terms not to send out any more images of the script.

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#12LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/2/12 at 7:27pm

Sort of seeing the first page of the script -- I'm sure that would piss off so many attorneys.

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

LizzieCurry
#13LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/2/12 at 8:12pm

I ran this through Photoshop with various tools (dodge/burn/contrast/etc...) but still couldn't make any of that more legible. There doesn't appear to be much before "Look Down" actually starts, though.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#14LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/2/12 at 8:56pm

have Sasha Baron Cohen & Helena Bonham Carter been seen around rehearsals?? Neither were confirmed for their roles.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Fan2
#15LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/2/12 at 9:02pm

Even though Hugh tweeted about a rehearsal with Colm, he reportedly was seen on a Virgin Atlantic flight today back to Newark, so sounds like he's done for the week. Hathaway is still in NYC and Russell still in Australia so I don't think rehearsals really start until next week.

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#16LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/2/12 at 9:08pm

It's all an elaborate hoax. Perhaps they're planning on releasing it at the start of April?

Fan2
#17LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/2/12 at 9:12pm

Who knows what everyone's rehearsal schedule is. This is on IMDB - I think "production dates" are preproduction to when the film needs to be completely done, and "filming dates" are from rehearsals through principal photography:

Production Dates
28 November 2011 - 6 November 2012

Filming Dates
6 February 2012 - 20 May 2012

mitchsc
#18LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/2/12 at 9:41pm

about the first page, that you can kinda see from the flash on the camera from the picture.

All I managed to get (and I spent a good hour this afternoon looking at it)

is that it opens with something about France in the 1870's (I think)

Then it goes to Tulone (SP?) (I think) during the day, and there a is a bunch of text I can't make out, and then it goes right into the convicts doing "Look Down".

Thats all I managed to get, from the page.

I guess we either have to wait for the movie, or the script to be leaked (which might happen), This script can't be that locked up. (unless Universal thinks this is super important).

I am more interested in wondering why Hugh was flying back to America, and we know that last week Anne was out in London. She flew from LA.

Updated On: 2/2/12 at 09:41 PM

jimmycurry01
#19LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/3/12 at 5:56am

The actors don't have to be there if they are not rehearsing sections that they are not in. Who really knows what the rehearsal schedule looks like?

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#20LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/3/12 at 6:22am

My guess is that full rehearsals won't start until next week, after Eddie Redmayne finishes up in Richard II. And yeah, since there are few scenes that require everybody at the same time, the actors will probably be flying in and out of London as required.

HBC and SBC haven't officially been confirmed, but Redmayne spoke about seeing Carter at a Les Miz rehearsal a few weeks ago, and a reporter congratulated Cohen on getting the part of Thenardier and he thanked her in reply which seems to indicate that he does in fact have the part. So I think they're pretty much confirmed, more or less.

Fan2
#21LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/3/12 at 6:31am

In this piece about Hugh and Anne possibly doing a fundraising event comes this:

>>Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway have signalled that they will participate if they can — but they are at the mercy of the shooting schedules for the movie version of Les Mis which, by the way, has finally officially signed Helena Bonham Carter as Madame Thenardier.

HBC Signed

LizzieCurry
#22LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/7/12 at 4:17pm

https://twitter.com/#!/RealHughJackman/status/166993412275453952/photo/1

what an honour...singing a new song with the composer, claude michel, at rehearsals for les mis!

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#23LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/7/12 at 4:27pm

That's a pretty big scoop, no?

A new song for Valjean.

When it's a headline on BWW later tonight we'll all remember where we heard it first.

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 2/7/12 at 04:27 PM

Fan2
#24LES MISERABLES now in rehearsals!
Posted: 2/7/12 at 4:31pm

It had been reported earlier that there was was going to be a new song (so it can qualify for the Oscars) but it never said who would sing it. This confirms that it's for Hugh, or at least he's one of the singers if it's not a solo.

Videos