pixeltracker

What way will the 2012 Best Actress Tony go?- Page 4

What way will the 2012 Best Actress Tony go?

Mistress_Spouzic Profile Photo
Mistress_Spouzic
#75What way will the 2012 Best Actress Tony go?
Posted: 2/15/12 at 5:12pm

Saw Venus In Fur last week and thought Nina Arianda had the award in the bag. Just an amazing roller coaster of emotions, accents... insanely talented girl.

Audra McDonald also killing it in Porgy and Bess.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#76What way will the 2012 Best Actress Tony go?
Posted: 2/21/12 at 5:46pm

Oh my. Now that Linda Lavin is in the mix, things are really heating up for Best Actress in a Play.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/159939-Broadway-Will-Hear-The-Roar-of-The-Lyons-This-Spring

hermajesty Profile Photo
hermajesty
#77What way will the 2012 Best Actress Tony go?
Posted: 2/22/12 at 4:18pm

You aint seen nothing yet until you go see Tracie Bennett in End Of The Rainbow...phenomenal performance, don't miss it, I have been going to the theater for decades and have never, ever seen such a magnificent performance before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t_aQqkP5Ay0

All problems are man made and so, can be man solved.
Updated On: 2/22/12 at 04:18 PM

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#78What way will the 2012 Best Actress Tony go?
Posted: 2/22/12 at 5:12pm

You aint seen nothing yet until you go see Tracie Bennett in End Of The Rainbow

Well, considering that I saw Tracie in the show in London last year and raved about her, I guess I HAVE seen something. What way will the 2012 Best Actress Tony go?

I don't think Lavin stands a chance of winning this year, but she will surely be nominated. The award really is Nina Arianda's to lose at this point, though if Tracie is reviewed well, she'll give Nina a run for her money.

hermajesty Profile Photo
hermajesty
#79What way will the 2012 Best Actress Tony go?
Posted: 2/22/12 at 5:52pm

bjh2114...sorry my post wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular. I was just trying to say don't miss this play. I told several of my friends about it and some didn't go and regretted it when it was the talk of London

All problems are man made and so, can be man solved.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#80What way will the 2012 Best Actress Tony go?
Posted: 2/26/12 at 11:22am

If there is a more perfectly realized performance on stage than Nina Arianda's this year, or this decade, it would be greatly surprising.

Wilmingtom
#81What way will the 2012 Best Actress Tony go?
Posted: 3/3/12 at 12:54pm

Tracie Bennett anyone? And I wouldn't be surprised if Bernadette gets snubbed, as she did with the Helen Hayes nominations.

juggles
#82What way will the 2012 Best Actress Tony go?
Posted: 3/7/12 at 7:29pm

@ Michael Bennett
##I just looked at the clips of Bennett and she looks a little over the top in the UK press materials. Perhaps its not a good representation of her actual performance, but I could see American critics being less kind. We'll see..##

Read more: https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?page=2&thread=1041803&boardid=1#ixzz1oTqs0lbK##
That's because you haven't seen the clips in context. She is 'over the top' because at those points in the play, Judy is performing at the Talk Of The Town whilst high on Ritalin. There's much more to the play than that. She has received rave reviews in Minneapolis and has had standing ovations nightly for the past five weeks.

Updated On: 3/7/12 at 07:29 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#83What way will the 2012 Best Actress Tony go?
Posted: 3/7/12 at 9:07pm

Is Venus doing well at the box office? It's only a 2 person play so it should be pretty easy to keep open, but never know.