pixeltracker

Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm

JoanBennett Profile Photo
JoanBennett
#1Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 8:41am

I have seen the show twice and loved his performance both times. His voice is great, he sings the hell out of it, and I believed his character every step.

The show had put in major changes between the first time I saw it and the second time that helped make it even better.

Loved the music (three of the tunes are stuck in my head) and EVERY performer up there is giving an AMAZING performance.

I really liked the show a lot.

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#2Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 8:43am

A shill?

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#2Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 8:51am

Oh, good, I've been waiting for someone to start a thread about this show.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

JoanBennett Profile Photo
JoanBennett
#3Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 8:54am

So, anyone who LIKES a show here or a performer is denigrated?

I LIKED his performance. I LIKED the show...

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#4Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 10:22am

Joan--

I feel you. God forbid you like a show that some of these condescending egomaniacs do not, you're treated like a complete idiot.

I agree with you 100%. The show was tons of fun and the vocal talent of the cast is pitch perfect in every way.

"I shall stay until the wind changes."

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 10:32am

I think the bigger issue is starting another thread on the topic. Why not just add your thoughts to the already existing Leap of Faith threads? (And no one said you couldn't express your opinion.)

(I haven't seen the show yet, I have no thoughts on it until Weds.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#6Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 10:37am

My question for JoanBennett: Is LEAP OF FAITH the first show you've seen with Raul Esparza? The first time I saw him in TICK TICK BOOM, I thought he was wonderful. Having seen him in numerous other shows since, I have a hard time getting past so many of his self-indulgent habits in acting and vocalizing.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#7Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 10:46am

Personally, I don't believe in threads; every comment should be its own thread.

Updated On: 4/16/12 at 10:46 AM

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#8Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 10:47am

dramamama; in all fairness, the original thread has dropped off the first page. Some people never look past that first page, some people genuinely don't even know to look past the first page.

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

dramamama611
#9Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 11:09am

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

wonkit
#10Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 11:35am

So the fact that there are two or three threads about ONCE isn't the same issue? If the thread titles were kept more neutral in tone, I might continue to use the existing threads, too, but I am not fond of kicking a thread upstairs to the top of the page if the title is negative or even insulting.

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#11Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 11:45am

Saw it, thought it was just OK. Went because wife is a big Raul fan. Without him, show isn't that good (maybe it's getting better?) Also went to see "Nice Work" right after, and wife thought it was 100x better.....

Mentioned the shill thing since you just joined today, and had nothing bad to say about the show, only good...... Isn't that what typical shills do?

dramamama611
#12Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 11:49am

Of course its the same thing. And others have been called out on it before...including on some of the Once threads.

(The OP didn't join today...but a month ago.)

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#13Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 11:50am

I retract my "shill" comment

Pammylicious Profile Photo
Pammylicious
#14Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 11:56am

I have tickets for this Saturday night and then May 8th. Curious to see the finalized production. Looking forward to it. Heck, I loved Ghost and how many folks on this board slammed it.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#15Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 12:03pm

I have no problem with this new thread about Leap of Faith. the other one was full of negativity and veered off the topic a tad. I was guilty of that. Perhaps the OP wanted to start fresh on a positive note.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

themysteriousgrowl
#16Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 12:04pm

Pammy, be sure to come back and start a thread after you've seen the show, unless you don't like it!

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

dramamama611
#17Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 12:07pm

The same thing will happen -- those that don't like it will still voice their opinions (as they should) and all discussions veer off topic. That's human nature.

And after folks say what they don't like about it, those that love it will take it as a personal slam.

Nothing new to see here.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#18Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 12:43pm

Exactly! every thread turns ugly. Silly me to hope for something different. oh well.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#19Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 12:46pm

"Ugly," of course, being a relative term.

dramamama611
#20Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 12:57pm

Every thread doesn't turn ugly. It's only when individuals allow things to be felt personally -- and it usually comes from the folks that love any given show getting defensive when someone dares to say something negative. I never see how that is personal...no one gets offended that I hate coconut, but they do when I hate a show.

After Eight
#21Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 1:14pm

"no one gets offended that I hate coconut, but they do when I hate a show."

Dramamama,

I don't get offended when you hate a show, but I get highly offended when you say you hate coconut.

To paraphrase a previous poster speaking about Raul Esparza, how can anybody not love coconut?????!!!!

themysteriousgrowl
#22Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 1:15pm

"You don't like coconuts?! Say, brainless, don't you know where coconuts come from?"

dramamama611
#23Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 1:29pm

Waah...you bullies, you! See, Jane was right -- they all turn ugly.

Coconut will be the end of b'way, I tell you!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#24Raul in Leap of Faith - Loved HIm
Posted: 4/16/12 at 1:42pm

See!

Photobucket" >

Updated On: 4/16/12 at 01:42 PM